• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Backpack Cart-reaching down all the time

Okcthunderguy

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a Backpack cart and while i was saving for a backpack, i just mounted my older innova standard bag to the top of the seat and put my ice chest down where the bag goes. But now im starting to think i wouldnt like having my bag down at the bottom and having to reach down every time i change discs.

Anyone have any input on this?

I wouldnt mind leaving my setup the way it is, but with the bag vecro'd to the seat its a little too big and its annoying getting my putter pouch on and off when i pack up

Unless you have a bigger vehicle, some disassembly is gonna be required to travel.

On the bending down thing, isn't that how your bag was anyway? Any backpack would need you to bend down unless there's a lot of stumps in the fairways you play or you carry a tripod seat to set it on. You would get used to it I'd say.

There is always going to be some give and take regardless of what set up or style of bag you go with. You can always minimize the bending down by utilizing the putter pouch you have. I have a Grip C15 bag and with my putters now in the pouch (on the handle post) of my DD/Zuca backpack cart the top putter section of my Grip is now empty (located right below the flip up seat). You can load 2-4 discs in there that you utilize the most during a round. Then the very bottom section can handle the extra discs and the less used ones so you dont have to bend down every shot.

It is nice to be able to quickly slip the backpack out of the cart for those courses that are better off with a pack and feet. Just a couple seconds and the bag is out and you are on your way. And just as easy to slip it back into the cart for those flatter courses with easy rolling terrain. The versatility is a nice option to have so you are ready for whatever the course demands. Definitely prefer a backpack to the shoulder bags for myself, just fits better and weight is centered better.

In the end just do whatever works for you, if your set-up works for you then roll on with it. No right or wrong answer here, good luck!

Latest posts