• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Zuca and why?

Can you share a picture of your full set-up with the umbrella and dangling seat included? Would love to see it.

I'll get a photo this weekend at my tourney!

The umbrella is pretty rare so I usually go umbrella mount OR seat & steering knob.

I have a cart for one reason only: ticks.

I have a zuca backpack cart.
I thought it would be a good idea... It doubled as a rolling seat, I could use one backpack and just throw that in the cart whenever I wanted to use the cart.

This was not to be.
First, the cart had different dimensions than advertised, so I couldn't fit it into my trunk without retrofitting it to be able to be dismantled. So now I only use it if I can borrow my wife's bigger car or if I'm going to an all-day event and I have the time to build and strike the cart.
Second, even though folks said a Grip BX fits in one, it is a very uncomfortably tight squeeze, the base of the bag gets worn by trying to jam it into the frame. I know they make the larger backpack cart now, but when I got mine, it wasn't available. I ended up buying a Dynamic Discs Sniper bag which fits perfectly into the cage. But it was a whole extra bag that I only use for this cart.

If I were to do it over again:
I'd buy the EZ cart and throw the stool in the lower carrier location. If I had a bigger vehicle, I'd get the transit.

I have a cart for one reason only: ticks.

I have a zuca backpack cart.
I thought it would be a good idea... It doubled as a rolling seat, I could use one backpack and just throw that in the cart whenever I wanted to use the cart.

This was not to be.
First, the cart had different dimensions than advertised, so I couldn't fit it into my trunk without retrofitting it to be able to be dismantled. So now I only use it if I can borrow my wife's bigger car or if I'm going to an all-day event and I have the time to build and strike the cart.
Second, even though folks said a Grip BX fits in one, it is a very uncomfortably tight squeeze, the base of the bag gets worn by trying to jam it into the frame. I know they make the larger backpack cart now, but when I got mine, it wasn't available. I ended up buying a Dynamic Discs Sniper bag which fits perfectly into the cage. But it was a whole extra bag that I only use for this cart.

If I were to do it over again:
I'd buy the EZ cart and throw the stool in the lower carrier location. If I had a bigger vehicle, I'd get the transit.

Interesting! How does a cart help with ticks?

(I think you would have been happier with the rovic.....)

Interesting! How does a cart help with ticks?

(I think you would have been happier with the rovic.....)

Re: the Rovic... the thread was simply "which Zuca" so I only evaluated Zuca's options.

As for ticks, I always play in long pants and long socks and they are sprayed with permethrin and my bag is sprayed with permethrin.
Buuuuuuuuut...
Every time I go to throw, I have to set my bag down. And then I give it a cursory look and dust it off but then I sling it over my back--effectively bypassing all the spraying I did to my boots/pants. Keeping it all on a cart bypasses that nagging thought that I might be giving the ticks a free ride to my torso and neck.

I see wisdom there, Blobfish.

My empirical evidence shows me that many of my non-carting buddies have been complaining a lot recently about the Dreaded Chigger. They're all eaten up by the buggers, mostly on their torsos, front, back and sides...For years, I've done a pretty good job keeping my bag away from likely spots they'd be nesting; I always look for bare dirt spots or tree stumps to set my bag while I'm throwing. I try to give people advice along those lines, but they never listen...

But since I've been using my Transit, I never even think about it. And I've gotten exactly one chigger bite so far - on my ankle. (I wear no-show socks and shorts, always. So I know I'm a prime candidate for all kinds of injuries and bites out there, but I am heedless of the dangers. I'm old and leathery and gross, anyway. What's the difference.) :D

Oh, and my Cart is almost complete. For Father's Day, my sons and my wife got together to get me a perfect skinny cooler for the storage area; a custom grip for the handle; and a seat cushion, which will deliver in a day or two. Played two long rounds Saturday, and two yesterday (God bless Spartanburg Disc Golf! Man, they've got some cool ones down there). I've never felt better after such long days. The Transit is literally saving my entire upper body from ANY kind of strain. Love this thing.

Latest posts