• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

i got out of my read-through that these are the same cores. just different overmold colors and discs, ala "trilogy" style.

reminds me of the iphone 5c. will be a selling point, i'm sure.

That's kind of what I got out of it too, but some of the angles on the yellow and blue discs in the pic make it look like they're squared off at the flightplate. I would love to try the Envy, but I won't if it has the same core as the Ion/Anode.

yeah, no matter how you slice it . . . it's underwhelming. we already have a stable tangent. it's called the axis (probably why it's called the alias) . . . or anode/ion, depending on what you like to throw. and stable/overstable reminds me of the ion. if it's somehow slower, that's cool. but i do not see any real separation or great complements based strictly on the descriptions given. we will have to wait and see. so far i just envision a disc similar to the axis albeit maybe slower? and a disc similar to the ion albeit slower.

Last edited:
Lmao. Our fans want a dd and maybe some base line plastic. I know lets concentrate on a whole new lineup. That should make the fans really happy. Dee da dee.

This is just another step MVP is taking to separate themselves from the typical disc golf pack. They are focused on branding a specific line now. This is the same kind of stuff real businesses do all the time, and I commend them for taking the next step, even if not everyone gets it.

I don't get it. A whole new company name for some different color overmolds? Innova's overmolds look like happy meal toys with all the crazy stupid color combinations. I guess they're trying to market to 12 year olds.

I wish there was a disc manufacturer that would make discs that only come in one color. They would be more consistent than anyone else. I would respect that.

I'll keep throwing my old run textured Ions, but I am not impressed.

Since their putters and most of their mids are considered long maybe they are trying to go a bit shorter?

This is just another step MVP is taking to separate themselves from the typical disc golf pack. They are focused on branding a specific line now. This is the same kind of stuff real businesses do all the time, and I commend them for taking the next step, even if not everyone gets it.
This

Now if only they'd answer my question.

man

first, most of us don't have the necessary skill needed to throw mvp discs

now, they are operating on a whole 'nother level that few can understand

it's sheeple!

Spoken by a true fanboy. This is the opposite of separation from the other companies. Innova, Discraft, and Latitude have been there done that. I am no expert, but I am pretty sure this is correct.

innova already has different colored overmolds. there is already a trilogy, hyzerbomb discs, etc. i don't see how this makes them special in any way. no, i'm not a real businessman but i am the consumer that is supposed to want this stuff, no? like i said, it will line their pockets either way - it is smart to create something to cater to customers by giving them options, but from a functional standpoint - looking from the POV of someone building a bag - this makes no sense to me. i think MVP could have done this without a team axiom and had the same benefits. after all, they are still producing the discs. so clearly they can make different colors on their own.

like i said, it will probably make money: but it is still very underwhelming to me. they are just doing what other companies have done to make more money and get more discs out there.

Last edited:
I don't get it. A whole new company name for some different color overmolds? Innova's overmolds look like happy meal toys with all the crazy stupid color combinations. I guess they're trying to market to 12 year olds.

I wish there was a disc manufacturer that would make discs that only come in one color. They would be more consistent than anyone else. I would respect that.

I'll keep throwing my old run textured Ions, but I am not impressed.

Seems like a good reason to separate the mono MVP stuff from the marketing side aka Axiom. Keeps the purists happy and allows them to tap some revenue on the side.

omwx.jpg

Latest posts