• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Nova deep, envy shallow.

I can do a stacked modified power grip comfortably with an envy (and any other disk using that core). The nova is to deep for that grip to be comfortable, so I use a fan grip. The envy has a tiny bit less HSS and much more Low Speed Fade than the nova. I drive with the envy, but I don't with the nova.

Intrigued by the Plasma Envy for a 150' and in approach disc (Warlock is a lock for my putting putter). Does anyone use the Plasma Envy as solely an approach disc? If so, does it work well for this purpose?

Also, if you have also used a Nova how does the feel of the Envy compare to the Nova?

Thank you!

TripleB

Never used the Nova, but I do use a Plasma Envy for approaches and drives, along with a medium E for putts and a soft E for approaches that I want to stick more.

Basically, the Envy is pure awesomeness at just about any distance. I will throw it for 250' and in shots over any other disc given the opportunity. If I don't have the height or need turnover, I will probably throw something else, but otherwise, it's being thrown.

I have a friend who can throw his a bit further, and throws it up to 300' with enough of an open look. It just goes where you throw it so well.

Nova deep, envy shallow.

Ringer shallow? Pure shallow? Judge shallow? Warlock shallow? Any of those putters you can compare the shallowness to?

For everyone: is there any Innova, Lat 64, or Dynamic Discs plastic you can compare the Plasma plastic to?

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

Ringer shallow? Pure shallow? Judge shallow? Warlock shallow? Any of those putters you can compare the shallowness to?

For everyone: is there any Innova, Lat 64, or Dynamic Discs plastic you can compare the Plasma plastic to?

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

I think the Envy doesn't feel as shallow as, say a Zone (in turn, ringer). It's a comparable feel to a Pure, I think. If I recall correctly, the warlock is a beadless wizard, so the envy should feel significantly shallower than that. I found wizards very deep.

Judge feels deeper, and has a bigger shoulder. The P2 has similar flight, but is also deeper.

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

Envy is Pure shallow.

Plasma like a pearly G-Star, Tournament, Gold Line, or Fusion. It has its own feel but it is grippy, softer premium plastic with fantastic swirls and colors. In many molds it also offers the most glide off the shelf.

:( Can't stand G-Star!

TripleB

It is a bit firmer than Gstar, but the overmold is much more rigid than the rim in my Gstar Rhyno (for comparison purposes). So the inner core may be softer than you normally like, but the overall disc is not that flexible. Envy is about the same depth as a Zone (maybe just a hair deeper feeling). I used to throw Envys but now I throw really beat in Zones in their place. If I lost those Zones, I would put an Envy back. So that should tell you about their feel.

And keep in mind these are very beat in Zones. I threw Soft Neutron Envys the most, which are a bit more stable than the rest. Most Envys will be very HSS with just enough LSF to rely on. Most discs with lots of one will have lots of both until they are broken in and may lose some fade (like my Zones for instance), but the Envy is the perfect torque resistant with just enough fade out of the box.

Last edited:
They went thru a gummy neutron phase around the time the Insanity and Wrath came out. While still not quite as stiff as when the volt class came out, they are for the most part stiffer than plasma now.

A friend of mine picked up a Firm Electron Envy. It felt like a grippy, hard KC Pro. I did not get a chance to throw it but I loved the feel.
I see what my next Envy will be.