• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Random: Do we think we'll get a Halloween Envy again this year with Black rims? I sure hope so, but maybe a FX Proton version?? - I really dig the HAlloween Envy's. I have a couple :) would like to add to the years - I have a 2017 and a 2016, are they the only runs of these? The Black widow neutron and the Owl Plasma?

Send 'em an email. Plant the seed in their fertile little minds... :thmbup: :popcorn:

I carry a lot of putters. Right now it's 2 mcpros, 1 yeti, 1 conrad, 1 luster aviar3, 1 star aviarx3, 1 zone for chipshots and rollers. I like the aviarx3 but I don't love it.

How does an envy compare to any aviarx3? anyone thrown both?

I carry a lot of putters. Right now it's 2 mcpros, 1 yeti, 1 conrad, 1 luster aviar3, 1 star aviarx3, 1 zone for chipshots and rollers. I like the aviarx3 but I don't love it.

Experimented for myself. I carry a Luster Aviar3 and a Star Aviarx3 and I grabbed a neutron 160 proton envy. Granted, this is a light disc, but it doesn't feel to be anywhere near as stable as the Aviar3 or the Aviarx3. I'll try another one in max weight, but it compares much more to a Conrad JK Aviar than it does to an Aviar3 or X3

Experimented for myself. I carry a Luster Aviar3 and a Star Aviarx3 and I grabbed a neutron 160 proton envy. Granted, this is a light disc, but it doesn't feel to be anywhere near as stable as the Aviar3 or the Aviarx3. I'll try another one in max weight, but it compares much more to a Conrad JK Aviar than it does to an Aviar3 or X3

I have not thrown those Aviars so I can't compare. But the Envy is extremely HSS without as much expected fade to match. It will have a fade, but the harder you throw it the farther it goes. So it's not an OS ranging type disc at all, but it does incredibly well with power and even wind for how straight it is.

Great thing about the Envy, is how well you can manipulate angles with them. If you throw them hard and flat, they will just lock on target with a late small fade. But throw them the same power with a little height and some hyzer angle and they will do a nice sweeping fade. Soft N Envy FTW

So as my Envy has tried to get lost at least 3 times within the last 10 rounds I've played, is there a true OS MVP/Axiom putter? Also are Proxies just Envies with a lower "PLH"?

I have not thrown those Aviars so I can't compare. But the Envy is extremely HSS without as much expected fade to match. It will have a fade, but the harder you throw it the farther it goes. So it's not an OS ranging type disc at all, but it does incredibly well with power and even wind for how straight it is.

Interesting, I thought it was an OS ranging type disc. It sounds like what you are saying is that I can mash it harder and harder and it will still keep going straight with fade

Interesting, I thought it was an OS ranging type disc. It sounds like what you are saying is that I can mash it harder and harder and it will still keep going straight with fade

Yea, its definitely more in the Rhyno style, rather than a Pig. OS but workable. The protons are a little less glidey and easier to range...

...Sloth:popcorn:

Definitely. It's one of the best molds I don't bag because I throw Anode/Ion so I get more normal putter ranging and go with mids from there. Whereas Envy is even faster so it will slide a little more at short ranges compared to a normal depth putter, yet if you hit it hard it will encroach on mids or at minimum go your normal putter distance but with way more confidence and wind resistance. If you put it on hyzer it should hold really well, but if you throw it straight and hard it will fade way less than I expect for the amount of HSS. It's also excellent for straight FH approaches if you're clean.

Definitely. It's one of the best molds I don't bag because I throw Anode/Ion so I get more normal putter ranging and go with mids from there. Whereas Envy is even faster so it will slide a little more at short ranges compared to a normal depth putter, yet if you hit it hard it will encroach on mids or at minimum go your normal putter distance but with way more confidence and wind resistance. If you put it on hyzer it should hold really well, but if you throw it straight and hard it will fade way less than I expect for the amount of HSS. It's also excellent for straight FH approaches if you're clean.

Don't get me wrong, I was definitely impressed with it. It was surprising that I could throw it really hard and it would drift slightly but never really turn. I just really like having somehting a bit more OS for upshots so it probably won't see any love and I'll just hold out for stock run aviarx3s. if it ain't broke...

I've thrown both molds, and I find the AviarX3 to be more OS than my Envys. The Envy is like a Tomb to me, and a bit more stable than a Stud (and the Proxy comparable to the Colt), while the AviarX3 is more like a Harp. Both good molds, and it may come down to personal preference as go what you bag...

Really liking this disc right now. I often find myself coming back to this mold. Currently putting with it and throwing them off the tee. New Neutrons are overtsable enough to take full power without turning over while having a nice hyzer finish. Electrons hold pretty much any line you put them on and cover everything else. I've even cut midranges out of the bag as they reach almost all of the holes I would consider using a mid for.

Maybe my orange proton is a freak, but it's very overstable and starts to fade almost immediately, my soft n envy is straight and glidey totally different discs. So if you want a beefy putter try a proton envy, but my favorite is the workable soft n

I have a Proton that is surprisingly stable compared to my other Envies. I have another Proton that is exactly like the others though, but I bought it used, so Idk if it's just more beat, or my other P is a freak.

The Proton one i have has the slightest weird dome, as if the rim mold forced it to pop a little... great disc for when i want a putter that fades hard and early though i hardly use it.

All my protons have been pretty stable and consistent.. Very stable fresh, takes about six months to get a straight flight and beat out some of the lss. They are especially unkind with nose up shots.

So Proton Envies are the most OS? Anyone want a Soft Neutron for one?

Going back to Envys for putting after using Wardens and Marshals for 10 months. Left them because they were too fast but realized they come out of my hand perfectly and want the stability back.

Love them for upshots also and miss their wind fighting capability.

The Envy is really amazing, I love that disc. Just played a round on my local course with just an Envy; broke my personal best with 2 strokes! Why carry a full bag when I play better with just a single disc in my hand :thinking:

So Proton Envies are the most OS? Anyone want a Soft Neutron for one?

Mmmm there's where it gets tricky the soft N is less stable hss but tends to have more fade.. Kinda a tight S compared to a proton where it is a more linear stability and straight to hyzer.

Latest posts