• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

My soft n is straighter and more glide than my regular n. Proton is just beef and fades hard early. Only use the s electron and f electron for putting. I have an envy for every situation, I love the disc.. used to putt ions but liked the feel of the envy more

How fast does an envy putt? I for example found the Shield to fly a little faster than a Dagger - makes sense, as the Shield is rated as a speed 3, while the Dagger is a big, slow-flying galoot.

The Envy on the other hand has that narrow rim width... I mean I have an envy or two so I could try myself, but no electron, only premium.

Follow up question - those putting with envies, would you switch to an electron proxy if they made them in soft and firm?

How fast does an envy putt? I for example found the Shield to fly a little faster than a Dagger - makes sense, as the Shield is rated as a speed 3, while the Dagger is a big, slow-flying galoot.

The Envy on the other hand has that narrow rim width... I mean I have an envy or two so I could try myself, but no electron, only premium.

Follow up question - those putting with envies, would you switch to an electron proxy if they made them in soft and firm?

I've putt both Daggers and Shields, and also the Envy in all plastics so - I'm your answer man

In comparison with the Shield : The Envy is Faster - Has a little more glide - In baseline it Shows a hint more turn - Fade is almost about the same in a putt especially in Electron but in Neutron (especially max weight) the Fade is more significant ----- Overall they are different - I honestly didn't love the Envy for putting - Electron Envy just has a lil more turn potential than I'd like and also not an early enough fade - its overall really straight but if you're going for straight I'd Prefer the Atom - Its decent but -

Thomas O is an Atom pusher! Watch out for him! They are addictive though if I was a one mold dude.

If I was switching Envy for Proxy in the circle I'd go soft proxy.. I like the late fade and controlled front end lack of stability sorta more like controlled stable turn. And dear God no... what would I do with a soft E proxy. Possibly have a secret affair with it like my Spin.. No I like the stability to bring my putts in on a hyzer stall.

Driving I'd consider an Neutron Atom if I was to switch, heart of chains actually... soft proxy doesn't give me enough downhill beef I'd rather have my Tangent.

Got my plasma Envy today man I can't wait to see what it will be but maybe for Christmas .. I love the grip but man it sure is stable out of the box.. My protons that are 8 months old are way straighter, but it does give me a nice medium grip, no slip outs and no grip lock/overgrip

Last edited:
If I was switching Envy for Proxy in the circle I'd go soft proxy.. I like the late fade and controlled front end lack of stability sorta more like controlled stable turn. And dear God no... what would I do with a soft E proxy. Possibly have a secret affair with it like my Spin.. No I like the stability to bring my putts in on a hyzer stall.

I see your soft proxy for putting and raise you an electron Pilot. Fantastic putter, don't see enough love on the forums for it.

I see your soft proxy for putting and raise you an electron Pilot. Fantastic putter, don't see enough love on the forums for it.

To be more helpful, Electron Pilot is similar to putting with Proxy but just has more glide. It was recommended to me when I asked for an Electron Proxy and I'm glad I tried it.

I putt with a medium E Envy. I don't think I would switch to an E Proxy if released just because the Envy beat into pretty much what a Proxy flies like off the shelf. I think the E Proxy wouldn't be stable enough for my taste. FWIW, before the E Envy was released, I putted with a stiffer N Proxy.

Have been putting with a soft E and a firm E envy the past couple weeks. Used to use the Ion in proton and some soft neutron also and they were perfect stability wise and the bead was something i was really custom to, except when discs got wet, my hands were sweaty, etc. it just didnt work 100% of the time so then went to the electron ions for better grip and they just weren't the same stability as my proton ions, not as straight they would tend to hold onto the slightest anny for too long and not fade in like i expected with my neutron/proton ions.

The Envy in Electron has been an adjustment but i am very happy with it the feel in the hand is actually better, shorter putts have been an adjustment as far as a bit more fade at the end but as they break in that gets better and it has only made me commit more to my putts knowing i can rely on the disc which is a good thing.

Tuning your preference within mvp / axiom molds is pretty sweet, I use the word "linear" often because it is a fairly predictable jump from one to another. Proxy to Envy, Ion to Anode... I really feel like you know what you are getting into if you have thrown a few in different plastics and get a new toy. With the mold overlap and the Gyro family you can figure out what you want to throw next. The likeness of these discs is a lot more apparent with the advent of electron plastic. I'd be curious to know what happens if you throw E plastic into a regular Proxy mold or an Envy one... none of this rejiggering stuff just pour it and throw.

Can I simply request that the Entropy and a faster version of the Spin be fast tracked? I would like to throw:

entropy / envy / proxy / fast spin

How much faster than the spin? Slower than the vertex?

Actually what I really mean is I want something like:

ion : envy :: spin : new disc

Does that make sense? I want an understable Proxy, basically.

That makes sense now. So pretty much a spin with a different profile that is just the slightest hair faster

If you can grip the Anode, that would be the current disc for you... Curved inner rim won't work for my grip, but it flys well

Mmmm maybe a soft Atom or Pilot... the Spin is pretty understable but neutral if you want a faster Spin slightly more stable for distance it's the Vertex my 176 Vertex breaks over a little later than my 165 Spin on anhyzers. And I prefer the Vertex for downhill on a hyzer where I would throw a plasma Proxy flat.

On a side note Im not sure how I feel about my e soft Envy's now in the circle they are losing lss quickly I don't know.... I still like them for a spin putt but not as much for lobs.. Still great on short approaches but it's losing the thing I like most about the Envy. The plasma envy is pretty sweet... good middle ground better glide than a proton not as good as the electron.. But a nice hyzer finish. Maybe I should start throwing heavier or try some Electron firms, if I was ever in need of a quick fresh replacement though the E softs fit the bill, got me through the summer tourneys.

have you tried the stiff electron? i havnt noticed any HHS loss in my s or f electron envys, but i strictly use them only for putting.

I have yet to find a premium plastic that works well when things get wet.

have you tried the stiff electron? i havnt noticed any HHS loss in my s or f electron envys, but i strictly use them only for putting.

I've seen some super light weight putters (138g or so) baseline Ions and Pilots. I'm interested in trying one of those out to see how much they turn.

Firm Electron takes a long time to beat in. I have been using a Firm E for several months, one for putting, one for upshots, and both have kept their stability.

I keep an early (1st or 2nd) run Neutron for driving, as Electron will warp on hard hits....but so will any mid grade plastic.

My soft electrons have lost a little hss and lss. My soft Neutron Proxy's are comparable and a touch more LSS now by comparison

Do many of you Envy throwers bag a stable 0/1 or 0/2ish mid like a Roc/Roc3/MD3/etc.? Something that just holds and has that drop to range it? What is the distance difference between them or do they overlap a ton in use?

Obviously more of the low line drive mids that are straight are pretty different in use, but I'm just wondering how close in distance the Envy gets to traditional midranges for people if they are trying to range an open shot.