• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Envy for throwing, Anode for putting. That's what I like.

x3 here. Soft P Anodes.

Though I will say I was messing around in the yard with the practice basket the other day, and I'm starting to think about going back to the soft P Ion for putting. Dunno why exactly. They're pretty much interchangeable in the circle.

Maybe if one of them comes out in production soft N, that'd cinch it.

I had recently changed my putting style up entirely so that it no longer relied on glide to get to the basket. I've typically always played the fade on my longer putts (high and wide right), but my Ions were steadily losing their punch at the end.

All that said, the profile and flight of the Envy just worked perfectly with the new style, and I've not looked back. I have a stack of six softs now to work with...just a matter of time before I develop a weight preference.

All that to say--for those who DO put with Envys, I'm with ya.

I've been using my P envy and Soft envy for approaches and drives depending on the shot required. I have been using my Soft for putting since I bought it, and I haven't really noticed any change in my putting yet, negative or positive.

specially with a bunch of clunky putters :p

If I carried every putter I liked throwing I would need a separate bag for them.

Envy for throwing, Anode for putting. That's what I like.

Me too! Me too!

I can putt with the Envy ok but it's never going to replace my Anode for putting. I don't know that I've ever even tried to drive with my Anode. It only putts because it's so awesome at it.

My Envy is getting more and more of my upshots. When it's windy it's getting a lot more than just upshots.

I still keep a really beat Ion for controlled Annys and super straight shots.

When I lost my awesome multi-colored tie-dye Ion I opened up auditions for the role of putting putter to the stack of putters I had laying around -- Crossfire, Hydra, Magnet, Challenger, P Soft Anode, Shield, Rhyno, Zone, Envy. It came down to Shield, Envy, Anode. I like the feel of the Anode but I'm so used to the fade I couldn't adjust. Shield is a little hard for my liking and Envy is hard for me to get a good hand-spring. So I just got an eclipse Ion from ebay that is making me happy.

But playing in the wet lately has me joining the chorus of those looking for a base plastic Ion (or Envy). I don't want it to beat in but for the grip.

anode for putting and envy for driving, or just an ion... tough choice.

*my huge stack of ions falls over onto my cat*

picked up a 165g soft envy today. really feels good. can't putt with it for ****. immediately regretted my purchase. oh well; hurray for experimentation!

ugh everyone buying lightweight envys for no reason. mike c only uses them because thats what he was sent. and now everyone thinks its the birth of christ.

ugh everyone buying lightweight envys for no reason. mike c only uses them because thats what he was sent. and now everyone thinks its the birth of christ.

it wasn't just the weight, though i will admit i saw it and thought "hey, it was recommended, so why not?"

i thought i'd be able to putt better with it in the soft plastic, the weight was just an afterthought.

anyway, that was not that case; it came out of my hand like floppy garbage. it seems i am a deep-dish/big bead kinda guy.

The heavier soft I have at 174g drops outta the air much quicker than the 167g. So I can see why it would be recommended to putt with a lighter weight soft Envy. They both are great for drives and upshots, putting them sucks for me, and so does my soft N Ion and Soft P Anode. Oh well

I have weights ranging from 160-175 now. And I still putt, approach and drive with my 165's.

I used to putt with a 168g Organic Wizard for 2 years, so 160's putters are not a new thing to me. I've never putted max weight with any mold.

Latest posts