• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

The most beautiful disc weather you could imagine (at least for climbing hills), highs around 55-65, sunny dry crisp; seems to like to strike always at the busiest of times.

Oh my goodness, you are so right. I just walked into work 10 minutes ago, and it's like heaven outside. I love a nice calm round, with a beautiful sunrise.

softies finally arrived

First impressions: I'm not sure these will be able to replace the ion for putting. I had high hopes but it's not looking good so far. The max weight is definitely not clicking for putting. The 165 is better but not much better in the wind vs my ions. I might need to beat it up though before it starts gliding like my normal envies.

Both will be going in the bag and hopefully I can figure out the putting. The max weight is very nice for flicks and much more overstable than I anticipated.

On a side note one of them has some funny little cut marks (not very deep) along the bottom rim. It's also a bit wrapped. This is my first defective MVP disc but still a bit disapointing.

I like the enhanced graphic on the soft. The wider legs or posts extending into the wings is pretty sweet. Nicely done

Got out with my Lime-green-rimmed soft black beauties yesterday, and I'm super pleased with the result.

I definitely noticed the tick of extra stability on the softs, but having anticipated it, I'm actually glad it's there. The lines that this disc can carve even out of the box is impressive.

The soft plastic definitely has a great feel in the hand, and seems tackier to me than any other run of plastic MVP/Axiom's put out so far. The disc lands really well, and doesn't have the crazy rebound of the stiffer plastics. For example, I had a 100' upshot at a pin with a 25' drop off to a huge river right behind. I gave the Envy a little more power than it needed, and it smacked the pin just below the basket (thank goodness for unintended accuracy). Rather than kick and roll, the Envy practically folded in half and dropped to the ground.

Definitely becoming my favorite putting putter, too. I picked up a couple of 160's from Justin, and am looking forward to seeing how they fly.

Picked up a Soft Envy 166g. Love putting with it. The plastic just feels amazing and you can really feel a solid release. Was hitting some nice 30 footers on the practice basket. Had some sweet approaches as well with it.

The mid 160's are definitely the way to go for a putting Envy IMO.

Do they have a little more glide at the lower weight? Coming from the Judge, I feel that the main thing I have to adjust for when putting with the Envy is the fact that it is more prone to just drop at max weight.

Yup. The Envy is a bit more OS than most putting putters, so the lighter weight helps compensate. They still won't turn at all at 165...I've even used my putting Envy for flex line jump putts and standstill flicks just outside JP range. I've putted with everything from 160-175 now and I think 165 is the way to go, for me at least.

Yup. The Envy is a bit more OS than most putting putters, so the lighter weight helps compensate. They still won't turn at all at 165...I've even used my putting Envy for flex line jump putts and standstill flicks just outside JP range. I've putted with everything from 160-175 now and I think 165 is the way to go, for me at least.

Not for me. I've been putting with 173 G neutrons since spring. I'm by no means great, but I've been so much better and more consistent since I switched to the envy. I was really looking forward to getting a 165 soft to get some more distance on my putts. I am getting them in from 30' and out a little easier, but closer than that I am just not able to get the consistent aim I get from my old ones. It seems like it's the light weight and not the soft plastic, but I'm not going to buy more to try to find out. Just going to stick to my neutrons and wait for the base plastic.

I need to get a soft in the mid 160s to go along with my medium.

I'm glad Axiom is finally using black rims.

I noted an interesting side effect of trying my lighter Soft for an upshot tonight. Going RHBH for a long upshot with the approach and basket against right lying OB, I played it instinctively a bit wide but still gave a nice rip trusting the mold. This soft 163 tracked lightly right, stabilized and fell flat forward for an easy putt. I don't get that sort of right tracking with my 174 Proton. I presume its the weight more than anything, but it immediately convinced me that I'll bag this pair for more reasons than simply having a putting version. FWIW, it's a white core with transition yellow-orange rim.

I always bought max weight with putters but got an envy at 165g to try out. Guess I bought into the max weight is best hype I hear from a lot of players.

Not sure if it is the envy or the lighter weight, but my putting game is a lot better now when past 20 ft (bad instead of horrible).

I usually try out an MVP disc I take a liking to in the fall and start hating it when it gets cold. We'll see how Soft Neutron feels to me in the cold in a few weeks here.

I have a 167g and 174g soft Envy and I just can't get a good release with them on putts. I'm gonna stick to my 170g N Envy for putting and leave the softs for upshots, approaches, and drives. Love the softs for that role. I know I've already mentioned this, I just really wanted to be able to putt with these suckers.

me too

it's just not clicking for me yet but I need more practice. Going to a lighter putter is part of the issue.

You know you guys don't have to putt with Envies. There's nothing wrong with using the Envy solely as a driver or approach disc.

You know you guys don't have to putt with Envies. There's nothing wrong with using the Envy solely as a driver or approach disc.

Somebody needed to say this. I'm just one guy, but IMO the Envy is one of the best driving/approach putters out there which you can putt with if it works for you, and not vice versa.

Your more OS putters seem to only appeal to certain putting styles, of which mine isn't one of them.