• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Fireball

Bought a proton axiom fireball the other day on a whim, performed like a seasoned firebird right off the shelf. I could see this mold replacing my uniquely worn firebird if it were lost, much like a crave could for a beat teebird. The low profile pleased me as well. The lack of testimonials on this thread sort of surprises me. Good disc.

Never did try a Fireball. At the time, I was using a pretty beefy MikeC Tesla and the motion, so I never felt the need to pick one up.

Bought a proton axiom fireball the other day on a whim, performed like a seasoned firebird right off the shelf. I could see this mold replacing my uniquely worn firebird if it were lost, much like a crave could for a beat teebird. The low profile pleased me as well. The lack of testimonials on this thread sort of surprises me. Good disc.

I use it for forehand rollers, flex sidearms, hyzers, and other utility shots. I like it!

I haven't thrown one yet but I've been watching Matt Dollar in his videos the last few months since he went to MVP just crushing various types of shots with it

I have a couple Fireballs, I like them but not a disc I use a LOT. Much like a Wrath but with muuuch more bite at the end. Gets a pretty straight flight for about 60-70% though, then a huge fade. It's a good one, but I still carry a firebird - its not the same at all.

I've got a 165 Neutron Fireball in the mail.. Just a used thrower as a pack along.. Kind of excited to see if it will fit for my ridiculous OS slot.. Looks like a low glide one though... I like the sounds of it being between a FB and Wrath

As far as discs in this class go they pretty much all have the same general shape/feel in the hand. None of my local shops carry MVP. Is the fireball more comfortable than say a firebird or other similar discs? Most mvp/axiom fairways I have felt are incredibly flat and comfortable to grip.

As far as discs in this class go they pretty much all have the same general shape/feel in the hand. None of my local shops carry MVP. Is the fireball more comfortable than say a firebird or other similar discs? Most mvp/axiom fairways I have felt are incredibly flat and comfortable to grip.

Fireball IMO was their troll move on the firebird. Always were flat flight plates...

Yes, all Fireballs I own or have seen are flat and comfortable. Firebirds were always really comfortable for me too for what it's worth, but they seem to have more variance in their dome.

Note that neutron fireballs tend to be run in a slightly softer blend. Not sure why, but I love the way it grips. It's one reason I bag the mold.

Yes, all Fireballs I own or have seen are flat and comfortable. Firebirds were always really comfortable for me too for what it's worth, but they seem to have more variance in their dome.

Note that neutron fireballs tend to be run in a slightly softer blend. Not sure why, but I love the way it grips. It's one reason I bag the mold.

Super stable like regular champ firebirds or more akin to a sexton firebird/felon?

Super stable like regular champ firebirds or more akin to a sexton firebird/felon?

Been nearly a decade since I tossed a Firebird, but I'd say it's like a "typical" Firebird that's been used for a summer. Very OS with an aggressive fade, capable of nice skips, easy flicks and laughs at headwinds, but it does have a little glide.

That's my seasoned SE Fireball, at least. I've thrown some others in Neutron that flew the same, and I've seen some neutrons with extra high PLH that fly more like the extra OS Firebirds.

Try to compare a few if you can, and buy the PLH that fits the flight you're going for. Lower for a broken in Firebird, as high as possible for pure beef.

I need to get a good stiff overstable one. The last one I had (and all the ones available locally) was the new gummy N that doesn't skip well on grass. Fireball needs to come to the ground hot!

For those of you who throw a fireball, what other very OS discs do you carry? I have a good backhand and forehand (after some work) and am currently running entropy, resistor, fireball and energy but have been looking into simplifying it into three molds.

For those of you who throw a fireball, what other very OS discs do you carry? I have a good backhand and forehand (after some work) and am currently running entropy, resistor, fireball and energy but have been looking into simplifying it into three molds.

Entropy, Fireball and Dimension are my 3. I think fireballs power down well enough to drop the Resistor, which I bagged for years.

Entropy, Pyro, Resistor and Fireball are my OS side, Entropy and Resistor see most of the action.

Wow so no action here in 2.5yrs!!! Does the fireball suck that bad? Is it flying under the radar?

I've heard good things about it, I was looking at some recent restocks and there's a couple 155's available so my choice of plastic.. I'm thinking plasma and hope it's less OS but just as wind resistant.

I thought I'd stop in here and do some research but it's pretty stale info :D