• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

What's the stability of those flat plasma ones like compared to, say, proton?

I have a beat up proton one that I would love to get a backup for. It's finally beat to the point of having lost some stability. Hoping a plasma would be similar off the shelf.

My Cosmic Plaz seems to be more stable than my N Inertia. Only threw it maybe 6 times, I was throwing in the rain to test its grip for fall tourneys. Grips well, about as good as the Fizz Photon I just got which was extra domey, Mayhem domey compared to my other Fizz Photon. Pics included too.
e0bad31d0657ef29b473f74eab59a3ca.jpg
9377925813cb1dc21899de19190aa524.jpg
e7c584cbe715687d4595339a856454ff.jpg
dca373d14a5e943acbf4c21bdc90dd3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

the plasma insanity I just got is flat looks very similar to the pink rimmed one pictured above. got an old stamped n insanity the same day and they fly very similar.

I will be very sad if Plasma Insanity will be flat and fly like Neutron Insanity from now on.

the proton I picked up the same day I got the Plasma has some dome. It also has a slight cosmic look to it when in the sun.

I'm loving my plaz. Thrown flat its almost like my beat fission tesla mirrored but with the late fade bringing it back a touch so I won't cut roll.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just chiming in to share my love of the insanity. I have had a proton one ITB for 4? years. It was my go to driver from then till this summer. Now it's relegated to control driver duties, and still sees tons of work. Absolutely love it and would be lost without it!

My Plaz Insanity is far more stable than my Inertia. It's a new run, I love it. Hyzer flip flat finish right, thrown flat drift right.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I was curious how those new plaz insanities where flying. My beloved well worn proton insanity is now way out in a pond as of this morning. I'm still a little (a lot!) heartbroken over it. Will need a replacement eventually, probably in the spring. Hoping a new plaz does a decent impression of my worn proton.

I just got my new plasma insanity(pink rim), comparing it to my two other regular plasma insanities(white rims in pics) I'm questioning if this is even the same mold because they have some major differences in dome, rim height and even the feel in the hand.

gyEZrev.jpeg

c3VsBp9.jpeg

Insanity

Tried an insanity on the course for the first time today. I had never thrown this mold before.

Neutron, 172g.

Impressive. Based on the given flight numbers I was expecting something fairly wimpy and understable. Not the case. The Insanity works really well for hyzerflips. It pops up and turns a little. The best thing was how long and elegantly the Insanity held the high speed turn. It was in no hurry to fade back. Also, the Insanity turns decently without flipping all the way over.

Nice glide too.

Overall I was impressed with this disc. Head to head vs. an Untertaker the Insanity turned a little easier, held the turn longer, and had a softer late fade.

The Insanity worked well for 375'ish shots thrown just under max power. For a 9 speed disc it flies deceptively far. This wasn't a disc I felt like I had to throw 100% power to see good results with.

I generally don't like flaky, understable fairway drivers. The Insanity isn't. This disc exceeded my expectations to the point that I'm going to bag it for a little while and see what happens. It flies like I expected the Undertaker too. The Undertaker didn't glide as well, had less high speed turn, and a much harder late fade than the Insanity.

9, 5, -2, 2.

Yeah the Insanity has cemented its spot in my gyro bag for shots that need to bleed right but not be a threat to turn and burn if I overcook it badly. My beat Neutron just glides better and better. I've actually been pairing it with a Plasma Insanity I found (uninked skullboy stamp, twas a sweet find) which is noticeably flatter and just dead straight (like a Ti Undertaker).

I think it's Axiom's best driver, at least under the warp speed categories.

Yeah the Insanity has cemented its spot in my gyro bag for shots that need to bleed right but not be a threat to turn and burn if I overcook it badly. My beat Neutron just glides better and better. I've actually been pairing it with a Plasma Insanity I found (uninked skullboy stamp, twas a sweet find) which is noticeably flatter and just dead straight (like a Ti Undertaker).

I think it's Axiom's best driver, at least under the warp speed categories.

What sold me on this disc today was a single shot on a 410' slightly downhill hole. I had already taken my first shot with a star Destroyer (and parked it). On a whim I tossed the Insanity next off the tee. About 80% effort with a slight hyzer. The disc popped up, turned a bit, and ended up like 20' past the hole dead straight. For the amount of effort I put in, the Insanity provided great distance and a result way better than expected.

I guess the way I'd describe this disc is controlled understability. Usually those two words don't go together. With the Insanity I can play shots that turn, but I still know where the disc will end up. I'm intrigued to see what I get out of this thing with more use.

I had a few other really nice shots with this disc today. I'm going to audition it in the bag for a while and see what happens.

Got my cosmic neutron 170g Insanity yesterday.

So much snow outside I doubt I will be able to throw this for a while, anyone tested theirs yet and can tell me what to expect?

I own 2 plasma Insanities I've sometimes paired with my plasma Volt, will this be more stable?

Driver setup: neutron Resistor, plasma Volt, c-line FD, neutron Relay, 320'ish feet of power.

Yeah I'm kind of curious too... I was eyeballing the cosmic se insanity.. I tried a 165 plasma it was flat, I wasn't a huge fan, it started breaking in but you know.... It was an awesome gold colour online, when I received it it was shiny dead grass gold. Haha. Looked great everywhere except in the tall grass.

I never felt like it was a broken in inertia but my inertia are pretty broken in and it never got the chance.

Yeah I'm kind of curious too... I was eyeballing the cosmic se insanity.. I tried a 165 plasma it was flat, I wasn't a huge fan, it started breaking in but you know.... It was an awesome gold colour online, when I received it it was shiny dead grass gold. Haha. Looked great everywhere except in the tall grass.

I never felt like it was a broken in inertia but my inertia are pretty broken in and it never got the chance.

Yeah surprisingly that gold plasma is a real bitch to find from the grassy areas.
Silvery plasma is much bueno though

Yeah surprisingly that gold plasma is a real bitch to find from the grassy areas.
Silvery plasma is much bueno though

Haha I know now... had a nice light orange rim to complement!

You get any throws with your new cosmic yet?

It's snowing like crazy here... it was a nice disc, it felt wider than the inertia and sharper but the profile pics mvp/axiom look identical so maybe that's all in me head. I was hoping for roadrunner kinda gyro.

Latest posts