• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

I got a cosmic insanity as a gift a few weeks ago. Had no idea it was a new plastic for them as I rarely throw overmolds but I am liking this one. Mine is very flat, has a nice amount of turn and a mellow fade at the end when thrown flat. Very smooth. I can foresee it beating into a very nice control driver that can hold a turnover and be hyzerflipped easily.

It seems like every round i play this year i am liking my insanity more and more. I'm not sure if it just got the new knocked off it (sometimes it takes a while with the overmold), or better form is helping me throw 9 speeds with less effort, but this disc is amazing. If i really crank on it, i can get it almost as far as my waves, and its way easier to dial down for shot shaping.

Just wish i had a better color, the gold plasma looks so cool but when its in a pile of dead leaves it's invisible lol.

Anyone thrown the new cosmic insanity yet?

What exactly is cosmic plastic? I have a cosmic neutron Insanity that I'm digging quite a bit so far. I may end up trying some more of these out in different plastics.

What exactly is cosmic plastic? I have a cosmic neutron Insanity that I'm digging quite a bit so far. I may end up trying some more of these out in different plastics.

Cosmic is a neutron, speculation is that it is a touch more stable (most stable) than neutron, plasma is least stable, I'm not sure about protons... they will be somewhere in the middle. Plasma is typically the least stable

Cosmic is a neutron, speculation is that it is a touch more stable (most stable) than neutron, plasma is least stable, I'm not sure about protons... they will be somewhere in the middle. Plasma is typically the least stable

I haven't thrown the Insanity so can't speak to any variations to that specific mold. But just in general, my experience has been:

Proton > Neutron > Plasma > Glow > Neutron Soft

Even a bigger difference than stability is that Plasma usually has a slight dome compared to the other plastics. Plasma behaves a bit slower and glidier than Neutron and Proton. Word on the street is that Cosmic Neutron is indeed the most stable stock plastic, but I haven't thrown it to verify myself. Oh, and Neutron Soft is hard to slot into the stability spectrum. A lot of people seem to think it is more stable than regular Neutron, but for me my results were the opposite. Although I think that is mainly because I have a hard time releasing N Soft discs clean with how I dig my thumb into the flightplate. So N Softs do come out slightly torquey for me, whereas I don't have that problem with any other gyro plastics.

Some of the plastics differ disc to disc.. I've only thrown plasma and cosmic neutron insanity.. Typically the softer the plastic the least HSS but that can also bite on the back end for more LSS like soft neutron. Especially with an Envy. Proton can be the straightest and least "S" eey, but the disc mold contributes and personal evaluation of whether it's low speed or high speed stability that makes an individual call it more stable.

Prism is typically least stable, especially insanity then/or
plasma
Proton fits in there somewhere
Neutron or soft neutron
Cosmic neutron is typically the most stable

.... And don't buy a plasma tesla expecting least stable.. It's the most stable flat top overhand hammering disc of them all!!!! I love teslas but those plasma 157's I got were too BEEFY!

I gave one to a buddy who throws a ton of thumb hammers and he loves it!!!

No throws yet, gonna take atleast a month till the snows melt out enough.

Finally had the first round of the spring the other day, cosmic Insanity in the bag, had a number of tee-shots with it.

My driver setup is(from most stable -> least stable): neutron Resistor, plasma Volt, c-line FD, neutron Relay.

Didnt overlap too much with Volt and FD, more in the Volt category, bit less fade and bit more turn and flight(definitely more stable than those plasma Insanities I've tried in the past).

Will stay in the bag for now, hopefully the fade will lessen with use and then it will become even more useful disc for me. I prefer this cosmic neutron over plasma, those guys would flip over pretty easily with accidental overpower.

.... And don't buy a plasma tesla expecting least stable.. It's the most stable flat top overhand hammering disc of them all!!!! I love teslas but those plasma 157's I got were too BEEFY!

I gave one to a buddy who throws a ton of thumb hammers and he loves it!!!

Yeah those plasma Teslas and Photons I've tried seem super beefy.

How are the Halloween Eclipse 2.0 Insanities flying compared to other plastics? Are they flat or do they have some dome?

I posted PLH pics next to a plasma insanity and cosmic neutron in the general mvp thread. The glows are right in between the two…my board flat cosmic neutrons are laughably overstable. My glow isn't domey by any means but it's not board flat either, probably a hair flatter than my plasma which isn't overly domey.

I got some more throws in on Sunday. My plasma insanities will have a gentle turn and fade on a smooth forehand pull in the 360-380 range. If I'm not clicking smooth I'll get them turned over and won't fade back. I can put a lot more on the glow and get a straight to fade flight with a touch less distance…which is exactly what I was hoping for. If I really mash on it I'll see some slight drift to the left before the fade, but it's not turning the same way my plasma will.

I like it. I only snagged one initially because I was afraid it'd be too overstable for what I was wanting. I'll pick up a few more, I have a feeling this will be a workhorse driver for me.

I can put a lot more on the glow and get a straight to fade flight with a touch less distance…which is exactly what I was hoping for. If I really mash on it I'll see some slight drift to the left before the fade

This was my first experience with the Insanity and I agree. A good rip gets it straight with consistent fade but not quite as much as the Thunderbird that I carry. I'd say 9 5 0 1. But with a pretty good rip it was closer to 9 5 -0.5 1. Pretty nice, now i need to find an Insanity that is slightly less stable and one that is slight more stable. Not sure if I will carry thunderbirds if the Proton Insanity is more stable than the glow.

That sounds nice. My FR Wrath wouldn't turn at all on a hard flat rip and was basically a 30-50ft farther version of my Crave. It was also a nice match to my FR Insanity which were both in that weird period where the N drivers were a bit gummy. I finally shanked it into a lake one day and nearly cried. Have tried 3 other Wraths at various times and they all had some amount of turn to them and eventually gave up and bought a 150s N Photon to kind of fill that slot....(doesn't quite have the same forward finish as the Wrath did)

Last edited:
That sounds nice. My FR Wrath wouldn't turn at all on a hard flat rip and was basically a 30-50ft farther version of my Crave. It was also a nice match to my FR Insanity which were both in that weird period where the N drivers were a bit gummy. I finally shanked it into a lake one day and nearly cried. Have tried 3 other Wraths at various times and they all had some amount of turn to them and eventually gave up and bought a 150s N Photon to kind of fill that slot....(doesn't quite have the same forward finish as the Wrath did)

I have a couple 155 cosmi? (Might be regular Neutron with a dye) se insanity that are nice. I liked the photons but went with a slightly heavier 162 fission tesla. Haven't tried a wrath. Mostly just replied to say hey and I like the gummy neutrons I have two inertia like that max weight but damn they are nice.

I have a couple 155 cosmi? (Might be regular Neutron with a dye) se insanity that are nice. I liked the photons but went with a slightly heavier 162 fission tesla. Haven't tried a wrath. Mostly just replied to say hey and I like the gummy neutrons I have two inertia like that max weight but damn they are nice.

Especially in the winter when all the other drivers are rock hard.

Latest posts