• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

disappointed in my halloween glow insanity. i shoulda just bought the normal one coulda saved some money... doesnt seem like the same disc

disappointed in my halloween glow insanity. i shoulda just bought the normal one coulda saved some money... doesnt seem like the same disc

i think it's pretty well established it isn't the same disc. that said, i like to carry both. the eclipse for that HSS straight flight with low amounts of fade. And the proton for a flippier flight that I can either get to finish right into the ground or come back for a nice big S.

OK I'm back to this thread

I was able to track down a number of Insanitys

Some Proton with stock stamp (not yet thrown)
Proton with an Egyptian theme stamp (thrown)
Cosmic Neutron 3 eyed crazy guy stamp (thrown)
Cosmic Neutron stock stamp (not yet thrown)
Neutron stock stamp (thrown)
Eclipse (not thrown)

One more variation to find (if you feel like spending the $$$$) is the Prism. Proton core & rim. The one I throw is pretty flippy, makes the Halloween Glow seem like a FAF Firebird or something.

I have the proto run of the Prism, but I know they made some citrus stamped versions too!

i think it's pretty well established it isn't the same disc. that said, i like to carry both. the eclipse for that HSS straight flight with low amounts of fade. And the proton for a flippier flight that I can either get to finish right into the ground or come back for a nice big S.

yeah, i knew it was gonna be more stable, but i liked the stamp:\

i even had the a neutron when i went to pay and i saw those there. Clearly i should have bought both:D

Can anyone comment on the effect of the different plastics on the Insanity? I have a Cosmic Neutron 163 and Neutron 166 and they seem similar - nice S curve and finish pretty straight. My Eclipse fly much more overstable. Do Protons or Plasmas fly any differently?

Well I tried to resist the factory seconds all weekend... I managed par down the order, dropped the two envy's I don't need and dropped the 156 fission wave I kinda wanted. Slimmed down to a single disc I couldn't resist, got a L2 absorb81 cosmic insanity to back up my favourite 158g.

It's taken over most distance duties this winter and I have had some amazing FH drives with it. I figured for $22 it would keep the other on the shelf longer. I sure like that stamp!

I loved the way this disc threw the first couple of weeks but my bag was getting overlap with the undertaker. I went and did some field work and did a head to head battle. The insanity (169G plasma) is now a goner. The undertaker (172g Big Z) literally flew the exact same lines for me, but better every time. I was averaging about 30 foot further in distance and the release felt cleaner. I just cannot bag them both. Not necessarily knocking the disc but giving some insight to a competitive option if anyone gets to itching. For the record I battled my Hex against my buzzz line up as well and it lost. Both MVP discs got pulled yesterday. They look cool, they feel great, but the truth is in the results for me. Tough to make the cuts.

I loved the way this disc threw the first couple of weeks but my bag was getting overlap with the undertaker. I went and did some field work and did a head to head battle. The insanity (169G plasma) is now a goner. The undertaker (172g Big Z) literally flew the exact same lines for me, but better every time. I was averaging about 30 foot further in distance and the release felt cleaner. I just cannot bag them both. Not necessarily knocking the disc but giving some insight to a competitive option if anyone gets to itching. For the record I battled my Hex against my buzzz line up as well and it lost. Both MVP discs got pulled yesterday. They look cool, they feel great, but the truth is in the results for me. Tough to make the cuts.

Nothing wrong with that, that is a good way to go about trimming down the bag. I've not yet been able to try the undertaker yet but I do like my insanity's. As far as the Hex goes, I miss my buzzz a little bit but the reactor and hex seem to have most lines covered.

Yeah I don't have time for non gyro fiddling around. I spend way too much time learning their lineup thing with it now. Though A friend of mine gave me a soft Falk that I'm not sure about but I am now committed to throw any of these for a month or so. The thing I liked about all of the overmold discs this how well their light weight ones handle.

If I was desperate for 30 more feet I would definitely be throwing the wave but the insanity has run much more consistent in straight lines for me

Played a round today with a newly-ordered Plasma Insanity. Happily, it was closer to the flight I prefer - a fair bit of controllable turn that fights out to a mild but reliable fade. This seems closer to the advertised flight numbers (9 5 -2 1.5), and closer to the older Plasma Insanity that was a staple of my bag.

Plasma Insanity from a year or two ago flew more of an S-curve line with a strong late fade at my less-than-awesome distance. S-curve is fun, but in the woods I really want a disc that starts out a bit understable without a ton of fade and beats into perfect.

I am not used to inconsistency from MVP/Axiom, so I hope their new manufacturing processes have settled in to their previous and much appreciated level of predictability.

So.....Fission Insanity!

How is this going to fly? Will light be flippy like Prism?

So curious! Must have popcorn :popcorn:

So.....Fission Insanity!

Interesting. For my hyzer-flipping noodle arm the 157 Plasma Insanity serves as a workable, almost-neutral fairway. If Fission Insanity was a notch less stable it might compete with the seasoned 150s G* Roadrunner for understable fairway duties.

I look forward to hearing how the Fission Insanity flies. :)

So.....Fission Insanity!

Already feels like a pretty flippy mold. I'd have been intrigued by a non-Halloween stamp Eclipse as a straight/neutral 9 speed option, but this one misses me.

That said, I know how well they've done with the Uplink and Paradox, and if this is more profoundly understable, then maybe it functions as a longer-legged option for fans of those discs, which would be great.

I just got one of these for Father's Day. Looks like it may be close to a beat Viking. Anybody have any Viking flight time? I love them.

I just got one of these for Father's Day. Looks like it may be close to a beat Viking. Anybody have any Viking flight time? I love them.

I was a Valk guy so I never stuck with Vikings long enough to beat them in. To me, a Plasma Insanity in the 150s is right in between a similar weight Star Valk (turney-fadey) and a JK Pro Valk (controlled turn, little fade).

Neutron Insanity is less understable with a stronger fade, and might be closer to a fresh-ish Viking.

Hope that helps. What plastic is your Insanity?

Anyone tried the fission insanity yet? If not I may go pick one up to test it myself. I am sort of surprised with how much fanfare the fission crave got that more people aren't chiming in on the fission insanity.

Anyone tried the fission insanity yet? If not I may go pick one up to test it myself. I am sort of surprised with how much fanfare the fission crave got that more people aren't chiming in on the fission insanity.

I am looking for an Insanity on the understable end of the spectrum, so I am also curious about the Fission Insanity. Plasma Insanity has been hit or miss - sometimes the understable flight that I want, but usually more of an S-curve disc at my less-than-awesome distance.

Anyone?