• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom more beginner/intermediate friendly?

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
MVP/Axiom kind of lost me with all the new discs, can't keep up.

Took the time to check out Axiom on inBounds tonight, and i have to say they all look very appealing to an intermediate player.

I've always felt MVP marketed their discs to players with loads more power than me: Amp understable? Not in my universe. Tangent is the only MVP I've tried that actually turned.

Are Axiom discs for lower power players? Casual players? Was that their purpose?

It may appear that way but its just because they haven't made any DD's yet. Or a very OS mold in the other classes.

They are just starting to build the brand, just like MVP did before them. Besides, they already have the Envy, (nice and stable), and the Crave and Clash (which can useful to both beginner and pro).

MVP/Axiom kind of lost me with all the new discs, can't keep up.

Took the time to check out Axiom on inBounds tonight, and i have to say they all look very appealing to an intermediate player.

I've always felt MVP marketed their discs to players with loads more power than me: Amp understable? Not in my universe. Tangent is the only MVP I've tried that actually turned.

Are Axiom discs for lower power players? Casual players? Was that their purpose?

How far are you throwing? If you can't turn an Amp I'd stay away from everything faster than their speed 7 fairway drivers.

The best beginner discs from MVP / Axiom are the Anode, Theory, Switch, Inspire & Amp in my opinion. I'd look into a mid 160's Switch if you want a driver you can turn without breaking 300'.

^ Don't forget an Inertia. Especially a light one. :thmbup:

'Not turning an Amp' may not be the best indicator. I lost an older one that had nice predictable turn even to just 300. The two I've picked up to replace it are pretty close in flight to the 'new' Volt out to 350. Of 2 newish Amps and 2 newish Volts (all N,) only one of the Volts has a very little of that -1 HS wiggle like a fresh Servo. Neither of the Amps are so far showing any inclination toward flippage, but aren't at that broken in stage yet.

I find the Inertia and the Tangent the easiest to throw and those are my favorites. The Inspire also flies straight without a lot of power but the FD has that spot locked for me.

I'm a big fan of the MVP/Axiom line and I'm not a power thrower; I max out at 320-350. I bag 2 of the Axis, and turn them with no problems. I also carry an Inertia(167), and it's definitely my max D disc. I probably can't turn it as much as it's designed for, but I do get some turn with it.

I hit 300 when everything goes right, sometimes a bit more.

I have a light Inertia, and it is a nice disc for my power.

I'm still wondering why, apart from wild colors and non-science/electricity names, Axiom was formed, if it wasn't to appeal to a different class of player.

I think you kind of answered your own question. IMO, Axiom was formed (in part) to give us MVP discs, but in a variety of plastics and colors. MVP is the serious one and Axiom is the wild child.

Mr. Bungle, some of those tracks used to almost scare me a little.
me too cuz I got exposed to it in 5th grade and it was insane. literally had it hidden from grownups. always loved FnM and Bungle, particularly California. Patton's the man, big vocal and samplist influence.