• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bachelor Party in STL

cmcolomb

Double Eagle Member
Hey Friends!

I am organizing a bachelor party for my buddy and we are driving from MEM to STL, staying in the city.

I have been once, and played the Barracks, Endicott, and Sioux Passage. Jefferson Barracks was by far my favorite and one we will most likely play since it is on the way home.

The plan is to leave from STL (post party) and drive back home on Sunday/Monday. Hitting the Barracks first, most likely, and then continuing South.

Any recommendations for courses on the way home to Memphis?

After reviewing the courses and seeing recent reviews - I am hesitant to try the Crystal Caves course (now there is only one)... and would probably rather play a 'real' course, and on our OWN terms.

Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!

Welcome in advance to St. Louis. As far as the underground goes its quite a different DG experience. What you basically want to do is bring some crappy discs that you don't mind beating up because the rock walls scuff up the edges even on premium plastic. Even though your most likely going to get lost and the course doesn't have really any amenities, its still a blast and your going to have a good time with your buddies. Its a good thing that they closed the other course because it was basically a lot of water shots that swallow your discs, and now they can get the original course back up to its original glory. If you want to play more DG in that area Jokerst is a nice 9er and West City is a cool bomber course that would compliment the cave. Well, that's my advice on that area (never traveled south of there so I can't help more) but I think the Cave isn't open on mondays? you might want to check that out. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Starting north and headed as far south that I have played and recommend some not on your list of being played yet.

Rock Spring Park in Alton, IL is a really nice course. It's heading the wrong way, but it is fun to play. Plus you can stop at Fast Eddies while your there and get some cheap food.

Dunegant Park Florissant, MO (Just off 270, but if you hit Rock Spring first it's on the way). It is another new course that has a disc golf style front 9 but then more of a ball golf style back nine with bunkers and OB mowed fairways.

Carrollton Park DGC in Bridgeton (next to Airport) is a pretty new course that is fun because it requires a lot of set-up shots being a Par 68. Would take about 2.5-3hrs to play since it's pretty long.

West City Park in Festus, MO (heading south on 55) is another course that is pretty good. It's a longer course with some water in play.

The Cave is an experience, but when I was there a while back, it wasn't that great. And from what I've heard it's ok. But it has some weird times that it is open so check their website or call if you decide to go.

From there, it looks like there aren't many close to I-55 headed towards Memphis (and none that I"ve played).
Cape County Park DGC - North, Cape Girardeau, MO
Engler Park, Farmington, MO

Great feedback so far - thank you all for your time and input!!

Yea... gonna leave the Cave decision up to the Bachelor, I could do with or without it.

Will likely just hit the two courses right off 55

any other thoughts?

Hey Cmcolomb-

Just a thought, as you are heading back south, take the scenic route (no, really, it is a very pretty drive) to Jonesboro. I will meet you guys at Disc Side of Heaven on either Sunday or Monday and get you guys going. Heaven would be a great place for the last stop on your trip. Then you would be just an hour from Memphis when you were finished playing.

The Cave is an experience, but when I was there a while back, it wasn't that great. And from what I've heard it's ok. But it has some weird times that it is open so check their website or call if you decide to go.

even if the course does suck...i still want to get a chance to play disc in an under ground cave!

even if the course does suck...i still want to get a chance to play disc in an under ground cave!

agreed. I've played some ****ty courses in open air, at least in a cave it has the cool factor of being in a freaking cave!

agreed. I've played some ****ty courses in open air, at least in a cave it has the cool factor of being in a freaking cave!

It's not a cave, it's a sand mine. Don't expect onyx formations. Expect dust.

But it's till pretty cool.

Latest posts