• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back Saver Straps?

rowdyray

I've been looking at getting a new DG bag and possibly some of the back saver straps. It seems to be me like the putting on and taking off of the back saver straps would be more hassle than its worth. If you play mostly uncrowded courses at a fairly quick pace, would those straps be worth the extra hassle. At this point, I am only carrying around 13 discs, but that number is constantly growing.

Just trying to get an idea about the straps and whether they are really necessary. Thanks in advance.

And with two straps, you're more evenly distributing the weight across both shoulders instead of one (which is also, more frequently than not, your throwing arm). If you're on the fence, buy the ToolRider straps for $25 and see for yourself.

You also don't HAVE to use both straps every time you pick up your bag. Using one side of my quads is, by itself, infinitely better than having to throw a single strap over my head or continually slip off my shoulder if I don't lean over to keep it from falling off. On top of that you have the option of using both straps which is even better.

Big advantage in my experience.

Do it. Just do it.

Personal experience: The Phenix Quads have straps that hold their shape well, even when not on your back. Makes 'em easier to slip on and off. I've watched my buddies struggle untwisting their straps for the first few steps.

Really noticed a difference in back fatigue. Worth every penny.

go to the hardware store and buy tool belt suspenders. they work awesome and there ~$8.

one thing your not considering is that these can still be used like a single strap. and you can put the other one on while your walking to your 500' drive :rolleyes:

yeah i love mine and would never go back.. i had innova straps but now im using the The Phenix Quads and they are SOOOO much better..i have some friends that have the DGA straps and they have had some durability issues with them..just a heads up :)

Just the idea of going back to a single strap sounds painful and exhausting! It's like getting power windows for the first time. You will never want to crank a window up again!

Yes - totally worthwhile.
They help out a lot even at 12-15 discs, with a couple drinks and some junk in the pocket; anything more any they're essential.
Now go through the countless threads to decide which kind :)

Latest posts