• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back with a vengeance!!!

BadKArma

I got started with Disc Golf several years ago and fell in love with it. A bit over 2 years ago, I suffered a non-golf related torn rotator cuff on the throwing arm. I seriously thought my golfing days were over before they really began, I'm now 50 and healing at my age is an iffy proposition. But I kept the bag in the closet and hoped.

Well, I've felt pretty good the last few months and decided that today was the trial run. Picked a nice little compact muni 18 hole Par 3 course. Took awhile to get something like my old form going but it showed up a time or 2 and even birdied the 17th. Finished at +7.

Being the glutton for punishment and the King of overdoing it, I choose to play an afternoon 18 at a very hilly challenging course. Man I got what I deserved!!! but I finished the 18, at a very humbling +16. :gross:

But the great news is , the shoulder never complained!!! It's feeling great and ready for another day of golf!!!!! w00t. :thmbup:

I'm back!! :hfive:

Awesome feeling. There's nothing quite like being unable to play for an extended period to make playing, even badly, so sweet.

Glad to read that you're playing again. I'm 54 and managed to get myself sidelined with a broken shoulder then a herniated disc. It's a different game when you have to nurse yourself but it's still fun. Enjoy!

Good to hear. If you ever get back to branson cedars hit me up

I'm a local, born and raised. Used to play there when it was called Oakmont with a ball and club. Didn't know it was a disc course until this morning. Love that place. Gonna make it a regular stop.

Thanks for the well wishes folks. Can't say how good it feels to finally get back out there. This is gonna be a great summer.

Congrats on getting back in the game!!.....I'm 50 and had rotator cuff surgery twice... I now play regularly and stay away from power over hand shots like tomahawks and thumbers... I will occasionally flick a short upshot... I use lots of 150 class and mid 60's disc... I know my limitations, but play very competitive in Adv Grandmasters...

Congrats on getting back in the game!!.....I'm 50 and had rotator cuff surgery twice... I now play regularly and stay away from power over hand shots like tomahawks and thumbers... I will occasionally flick a short upshot... I use lots of 150 class and mid 60's disc... I know my limitations, but play very competitive in Adv Grandmasters...

Thanks KC, that sounds like advice I'll keep in mind. I even hit a nice 280' drive today!! I was thinking about keeping the weight down int the 160 and below range. So far all RHBH for the time being. Started to try a RHFH but the shoulder warned me off that.

It's tough being an old timer, KArma. Have fun, smell the flowers and play within yourself. We might be older, but we are smarter.