• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad Etiquette?

I find nothing wrong with this. I would WANT to know how I stand finishing 9 holes so I know when I should lay up or need to GO for it. It's important. I don't think it's bad in any way. Unless you are counting each stroke and talking about it. I root for everyone on my card and congratulate good shots regardless of scores. I want to win, but I am playing MYSELF more than I play the others. Sounds like the guy was being a sore loser looking for excuses....whatever man

Doesn't specifically say anything about a penalty stroke in the rulebook, however 3.3B3 clearly shows it would be grounds for disqualification.
Not what I would consider "overt rudeness" but I guess you're right. I feel bad for any TD that would have to deal with this situation.

Not what I would consider "overt rudeness" but I guess you're right. I feel bad for any TD that would have to deal with this situation.

I feel bad for any player who had to play with someone being so overtly rude!

I feel bad for any player who had to play with someone being so overtly rude!

It appears that he just misjudged the situation and the other player's desires. You would actually report him before trying to educate him?

It's like asking someone not to smoke and having them blow smoke in your face. I would hope that the TD would agree that is a DQ'able offense and would report the person to the PDGA themselves.

I think that comparison is a little ridiculous. I didn't get any indication from him that he absolutely didn't want to know we were tied. Before I said that, I was the one slipping and allowing him to gain strokes. Said it out loud because it was on my mind. No other reason. DQ'able? That is overkill. If he had told me that he doesn't ever want to know where he stands against the rest of the group during rounds, then I wouldn't have said it.

It appears that he just misjudged the situation and the other player's desires. You would actually report him before trying to educate him?

Different situation. I was discussing someone who intentionally told another player the scores after they asked them not to. I'd most likely warn someone once then report them if it continued.

For the ones debating that juju person, there is no such thing as rule 3.3B3.

fyi :\

Id say always keep it to yourself, if someone wants to know then they will know.

:thmbup: This is wise. I'll be more aware now that I finally am moving up to the Advanced division.

Oh it's a win! Thanks for playing along today!!!

I don't typically like to know my score or for someone to tell me where I stand, I can usually tell how well or not so well my round is going. You can generally tell who is on fire as well and know that your playing catch with another player.

That being said, if someone does let it be known how the card is playing I don't let it get in my head I just continue playing my game which is myself vs the course.