• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

bad round excuses thread

Once I made a 120' birdie by hitting a main, forking branch and getting a lucky kick into the basket. The very next hole, I made what appeared to be a stellar drive and when it was passing by the only tree, a tiny branch that was barely visible (sloping down and straight toward the basket) caught the disc and, before it let it go, slowed and dropped it straight down to the ground underneath it.

I opened my mouth to complain then remembered the last hole and summarily shut my pie hole.

Sunday's excuse - "First round with the new disc dog."

Today's excuses - "First round playing with snow on the ground" and "I left my putters at home"

I wasn't that commited to the throw/footing/etc..

The earth's turn negated my spin..

The limb just moved at the last minute..

How the hell did opera end up on my phone?!?!...

I was throwing out of the water...

My disc felt dirty so it went to the water...

One mischevious disc told all the others in the bag how fun it was to play hide and seek...

haha.. this is a fun to read thread.. :hfive:

This course is sh*t, I don't know why its even here.

Bro, the wind is crazy out there.

It's these terrible baskets.

I slipped.

My purse got in the way of me throwing today.

Of course I played like crap, I just worked a 12 hour 7pm to 7am shift... Then a 20 minute roadie. I'm cheezed out.

I hit that line yesterday, all day

Oh my God that disc never turns over (when throwing an under stable disc)

That is why I play intermediate (I use this one all the time)

Iron leaf! (Not really used as an excuse, more of an exclamation, you have to call it out. Around here when it is said, the group normally nods sagely and says it as well)

The wind flipped right as I threw

Have you seen (insert pro name here)'s new video, (he/she) had good points so I'm trying what (insert pro name here) said thats why I suck at this tournament

I personally don't need excuses (though I may use several mentioned on this forum) I just suck.

Latest posts