• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Choices

Which Bag

• GB Simian

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Phenix Core

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Revo Carolina

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Revo Dualpack

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Latitude 64 Pro Bag

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Grip's new bag

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Gateway Ozark

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Voodoo?

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 24 29.6%

• Total voters
How does the middle storage compartment hold up for storage. I've seen one at a glance it looked nice, but haven't gotten to open it up. The one I saw also had magnetic flaps, how does those hold up over a long day.

I'd tell you but I haven't gotten it yet. :(

Just played a round today and can't wait to get a new bag. Its was super busy today and wished I had room for my stool. I was wondering, those of you that have backpack style bags, how high up do they ride. I don't want the bag hanging onto my butt, however I also don't want to have the bag bouncing on my neck. Thoughts?

There is enough adjustment on the Revo backpack and the Grip bag to put it where you want it. On the Phenix bag the center compartment is just bag material with no extra stiffness. I carry items like aspirin, chapstick, liquid skin, sunblock, keys and a pencil sharpener in a small tupperware container and it keeps everything dry and organized.

My revo dual pack was a great purchase. It very durable and well made. Can hold enough discs and still have plenty of room.for other items. I liked the simian but it was smaller than I expected and wouldnt hold enough discs for me.

That's what I've been worrying about with the simian. I currently carry 17-18 discs and I'm not sure that the simian will accomodate that easily.

I have a Carolina and it is a very nice bag. I also have a Lat64 Pro bag and I have to say that for about half of what I paid for the Carolina, it's damn good.

I have a GB Chimp,very well built love it but not much storage. But lately Iv been looking at the Silverback. The SB looks like it has alot of storage, for me 2 bottle holders is one too many. Is their any one that has one know if there is a key clip in one of the pouches? And are the pockets roomy enough for me to up grade.

i have two lat 64 bags, quite simply because of cost and storage and LOOKS!!

i just threw 14 random discs in the main compartment with the dividers (three midrange discs) and still have two spots in the putter pocket. there is still room in the pockets as well. the space is tight if you are shoving a sweatshirt in there, but if you are bringing supplies the three pockets are awesome. i bring other stuff like diapers, food, toys cause i have my boys with me most of the time. so if you don't want to carry a ton of discs, id say go lat 64. if you bring a ton of gear and a ton of discs you will probably need a huge bag.......if i had the money i might have gottem a GB or a phenix, but i got the bags super cheap.....

my dad swears the nicest bag he has seen is the gateway tour bag, double zippers and metal o-rings......lots o room (marshall street has them)

I have a GB Chimp,very well built love it but not much storage. But lately Iv been looking at the Silverback. The SB looks like it has alot of storage, for me 2 bottle holders is one too many. Is their any one that has one know if there is a key clip in one of the pouches? And are the pockets roomy enough for me to up grade.

I know the LE Silverback has a key clip inside one of the pockets. I'm no sure about the regular Silverbacks. I usually use the extra bottle holder to hold a microfiber towel.

i have two lat 64 bags, quite simply because of cost and storage and LOOKS!!

i just threw 14 random discs in the main compartment with the dividers (three midrange discs) and still have two spots in the putter pocket. there is still room in the pockets as well. the space is tight if you are shoving a sweatshirt in there, but if you are bringing supplies the three pockets are awesome. i bring other stuff like diapers, food, toys cause i have my boys with me most of the time. so if you don't want to carry a ton of discs, id say go lat 64. if you bring a ton of gear and a ton of discs you will probably need a huge bag.......if i had the money i might have gottem a GB or a phenix, but i got the bags super cheap.....

Did you put quads on the Lat64 bag?

Surprised the 64 bag didn't get more votes. It looks sick, has more than enough room and is probably the best bang for the buck.

i did and the phenix straps are awesome....i am ordering a pair of the lat 64 straps too

^^^This is nice to know, what, in your opinion, makes the Lat64 bag so nice?

The build quality and looks are on par with the >$100 bags. The pockets are designed in a way I find more useful than the Carolina. I find Revolutions frame to be overrated.

The only 2 downsides I've found with the Pro Bag is that it only has 1 drink holder (but plenty of other places to cram drinks) and the main compartment is so wide that the discs roll back and forth (an easy fix with a foam noodle in the sides of the bottom).

I've been eyeing the simian b/c of the stool feature.

I got one and I dig it! I carry 13 discs and some gear and light layer (Should I need it. Sweatshirt, shell, raincoat...) with two water bottles comfortably. I don't think it's too heavy and I ALWAYS have a spot to sit and chill out. I like it!:thmbup:

I think after all the debate is over, I am leaning toward the Lat64 bag and get some disc with what I would have spent. I mean who can ever really have too many discs.

I think after all the debate is over, I am leaning toward the Lat64 bag and get some disc with what I would have spent. I mean who can ever really have too many discs.

Good choice. Use that extra cash to get a Lat. shirt and really rock that chit!

Latest posts