• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fusion Bag Review or Sorry Gorilla Boy

Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?

• Yep!

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No!! How. Could. You? I’m triggered!!

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

DonJuanDeLaNooch

Bogey Member
Okay here goes. This is the first part of my review. I intend to make a first impression review and then add more after a few rounds. I was gonna play this evening but it's raining:doh: In any case I digress......

So I tried to buy a Gorilla Boy bag but they were out of stock and according to Gorilla Boy they didn't know when they would have the color I wanted (multicam) or second choice (black) in stock due to the lack of available capital for materials. He said he had some bills to pay first. For a guy that wanted a bag that I could sit on and had good storage that was not a good answer. So I did an awful thing and bought the Fusion bag. I know haters will hate. But like I said I needed a bag now not when Gorilla Boy could get around to taking my money.

First impression THIS BAG IS AWESOME!!!!
That's right I said it. Awesome. Now I have never seen a Gorilla Boy bag (and I'm really wondering if anyone else will either)but the Fusion does appear to be identical to what I saw on the GB website.

The straps of the bag and moveable pads are super nice.
The craftsmanship appears to be excellent very heavy duty
The storage capability is vast and very well thought out.
I have about 18 discs in it right now and other things you need.
The water bottles carriers will hold 40oz hydroflasks no problem.

Best of all the seat!! I'm no small guy. I'm a big boy. I'm 6ft tall 295 pounds. It holds my big body just fine So I have that going for me which is nice.

Too sum up this bag rocks and if GB doesn't get their business together everyone will be saying Gorilla who? Sooner than later.

Will update after a few rounds so we can see where the rubber meets the road so to speak.

I'm happy to answer questions and ignore haters:D

Happy discing!!

Keep us informed. Any issues or pluses help us decide.

Dude for sure. I think it's going to be great in every way but I will let you know as soon as I get some rounds in. It's the only way to be sure.

Okay so I have played several rounds with this bag now and guess what? Now I think it rocks even more.
One of the really surprising things I noticed is that when you set the bag down to sit on it it doesn't pick up dirt or mud. All of my rounds have been damp and I have been using the seat a lot. No dirt on the bottom. Pretty cool.
The next great thing I have come to appreciate is that the load adjustment straps at the top of the main shoulder straps hold the shoulder straps up off of the ground and in the open position making it very easy to don and doff without trouble or a mess. #no more quad shocks!
Also, as a result of the bag sitting upright it is just a slight knee bend to pick it up as opposed to bending over to collect your quad strapped bag off the ground after every shot. The energy savings adds up especially after multiple round days even more with the built in super comfy padded seat.
Further, there is zero indication of stress at any point on the bag and I had this sucker loaded with about 18 discs, various other bits and pieces like a retriever, phone and keys including dual 40oz hydroflasks. The weight distribution when worn with both straps combined with the adjustable padding makes carrying larger loads a breeze in comparison to a smaller load in my fade gear Crunch Box with Phoenix Quadshox. When carrying on one shoulder you really appreciate how well padded the straps are.
So I would highly reccomend this bag especially since a Simian is currently a very hit or miss to mostly out of stock miss with no sense of urgency to fill orders on the part of Gorilla Boy situation.

If you have been on the fence about this bag. Don't be. It's worth it as much as a $150 disc golf bag can be.
Drive for the show. Putt for the dough!!

That being said I do respect your opinion as well. Truly the only reason I did it was because simian was unavailable. I hate that for Gorilla Boy but I needed the bag. So I figured I could at least give the Fusion a fair review. I hadn't seen one yet.

That being said I do respect your opinion as well. Truly the only reason I did it was because simian was unavailable. I hate that for Gorilla Boy but I needed the bag. So I figured I could at least give the Fusion a fair review. I hadn't seen one yet.

I saw that and I really don't want to sound like I'm slamming you personally. Just putting it out there that since they made no modifications to improve upon his design that all the positive things you have to say about the bag are a result of the GB being a good bag.

So the ceiling for this review was:

Pros- As good as the GB.

Cons- No defects from being a knockoff. And lost profits to the company that created the bag.

The only common flaw I have seen of the Bagalane Fusion is that people cram the bottom zipper thing too full and they had to cut the zipper off to get the sweatshirt they crammed in there out and they often sew on about as heavy duty a zipper if they did not just cut out the whole pocket. Then others that had due to playing in snow/mud have nothing in that spot luckily but now have a spot on the bag that is useless.

If the zipper was not addressed in the Gorilla Boy Simian, then the Simian is going to have those same problems.

Okay here goes. This is the first part of my review. I intend to make a first impression review and then add more after a few rounds. I was gonna play this evening but it's raining:doh: In any case I digress......

So I tried to buy a Gorilla Boy bag but they were out of stock and according to Gorilla Boy they didn't know when they would have the color I wanted (multicam) or second choice (black) in stock due to the lack of available capital for materials. He said he had some bills to pay first. For a guy that wanted a bag that I could sit on and had good storage that was not a good answer. So I did an awful thing and bought the Fusion bag. I know haters will hate. But like I said I needed a bag now not when Gorilla Boy could get around to taking my money.

First impression THIS BAG IS AWESOME!!!!
That's right I said it. Awesome. Now I have never seen a Gorilla Boy bag (and I'm really wondering if anyone else will either)but the Fusion does appear to be identical to what I saw on the GB website.

The straps of the bag and moveable pads are super nice.
The craftsmanship appears to be excellent very heavy duty
The storage capability is vast and very well thought out.
I have about 18 discs in it right now and other things you need.
The water bottles carriers will hold 40oz hydroflasks no problem.

Best of all the seat!! I'm no small guy. I'm a big boy. I'm 6ft tall 295 pounds. It holds my big body just fine So I have that going for me which is nice.

Too sum up this bag rocks and if GB doesn't get their business together everyone will be saying Gorilla who? Sooner than later.

Will update after a few rounds so we can see where the rubber meets the road so to speak.

I'm happy to answer questions and ignore haters:D

Happy discing!!

Well Gorilla Boy does make other bags not just the Simian, though and the smaller ones are well received. It would be nice to see the company make more then just the one Backpack, something that has a seat on it like a built in fordable X type stool with a more traditional shaped disc golf backpack or like the Vertex Angler Backpack but in a disc golf bag. Companies make bags like this for hunting and fishing stools.

It was well before Gorilla Boy made there black Simian bag outside the USA that the Simian was copied. Bag was copied by a person I think from Las Vegas club who sent in a friends Gorilla Boy to a knockoff company in return for 2 bags. He was tired of the wait of 6 months to a year for a Simian. Right now The Simian and knock off are the only bags currently being made that use a seat built into the bag.

Well Gorilla Boy does make other bags not just the Simian, though and the smaller ones are well received. It would be nice to see the company make more then just the one Backpack, something that has a seat on it like a built in fordable X type stool with a more traditional shaped disc golf backpack or like the Vertex Angler Backpack but in a disc golf bag. Companies make bags like this for hunting and fishing stools.

It was well before Gorilla Boy made there black Simian bag outside the USA that the Simian was copied. Bag was copied by a person I think from Las Vegas club who sent in a friends Gorilla Boy to a knockoff company in return for 2 bags. He was tired of the wait of 6 months to a year for a Simian. Right now The Simian and knock off are the only bags currently being made that use a seat built into the bag.

That is not true. The ridge roller bag has a built in seat and is fantastic. Great build quality and functionality. It also can be bought with a matching pull cart if needed. I have owned the simian and the Ridge and it is a superior bag IMO.

Attachments

• Ridgeeeeeee-11-e1513058745672.jpg
    Ridgeeeeeee-11-e1513058745672.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 86
Out of all of the "stole someone else's design and are severely impacting the original company's viability" stories, the Simian Vegas rip-off is by far the worst. I wouldn't buy a colostomy bag from bagalane, I'd rather soil myself.

Casey you have posted something about the Vertex Angler Backpack in nearly every thread I have seen you post in.

Please stop. Let threads just be about their own topic.

Some of you guys keep saying you wouldn't buy a baglane bag because they copied GB. That's really kind of a moot point if there is no GB bag to buy wouldn't you agree? That's always been my contention with this but I thought I would toss that out there again since colostomy bags are being thrown in now Lol! Don't hold back man let us hear how you really feel. Bag Lane Fusion Rules!!! What is your preferred colostomy bag by the way? Lol!!

Real nice Clark. Real Nice.

That is not true. The ridge roller bag has a built in seat and is fantastic. Great build quality and functionality. It also can be bought with a matching pull cart if needed. I have owned the simian and the Ridge and it is a superior bag IMO.

That is indeed a sick bag. With the Fusion fully loaded though I would think you could get that bag pretty dang heavy. Guess that's what the cart is for.

What is the frame made of in the Ridge roller?
Bag Lane Fusion is pvc.

That is indeed a sick bag. With the Fusion fully loaded though I would think you could get that bag pretty dang heavy. Guess that's what the cart is for.

What is the frame made of in the Ridge roller?
Bag Lane Fusion is pvc.

The frame is made of aluminum I believe. It can get a bit heavy fully loaded, but It can also comfortably get 16 in the main plus 5-6 in the middle and 2-3 putters in the top. So it holds far more discs than a simian, not even including the side pockets which each fit 4-5 discs easily. I will say that it is not much heavier than a standard bag if you consider that you would be carrying a bag plus a stool. During competitive rounds a stool or a seat is a must for me, but I always hate fiddling with them. It weighs in around 6.5 lbs, and a normal disc golf bag is anywhere from 3.5-5 lbs. and a stool is close to 1-1.5 lbs.

Some of you guys keep saying you wouldn't buy a baglane bag because they copied GB. That's really kind of a moot point if there is no GB bag to buy wouldn't you agree? That's always been my contention with this but I thought I would toss that out there again since colostomy bags are being thrown in now Lol! Don't hold back man let us hear how you really feel. Bag Lane Fusion Rules!!! What is your preferred colostomy bag by the way? Lol!!

No I would not agree at all. Sometimes it takes effort to maintain integrity- maybe even a shred of patience. Clearly Bagalane doesn't like to put in effort, but it's kinda sad when others make excuses for their prolific ripoff scum-of-the-earth thievery, especially in such a small sport.

Funny how good you can make a bag when someone else creates a paint-by-numbers and you spend $0 developing any of it. Lol

Wow, the ridge roller looks sweet! I nearly pulled the trigger on the Simian a few times over the years, but a few negatives (in my book at least) kept me from actually buying one. The biggest issue was the odd horizontal disc storage. Looks like the ridge roller has managed to combine a seat with disc storage that makes sense.

Latest posts