• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fusion Bag Review or Sorry Gorilla Boy

Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?

• Yep!

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No!! How. Could. You? I’m triggered!!

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
You know I tried that. I found I was actually less tired at the end of a round even with the big bag loaded than with a smaller bag for two reasons.

1. The seat. I can sit at will even if its only for a second, makes a huge difference. Also, in order to sit I have no extra gear ( a stool) to bother with, it's built in.

2. I don't have to bend all the way to the ground to pick the bag up like I do with a standard shoulder type bag. This really adds up throughout a round or especially multiple rounds in a day.

So as the rounds continue to pile up. So does the wear. Straps seem to be doing just fine. The bottom of the bag is starting to show some wear. The protective tabs that cover the main wear points are about gone. Now if I was a one or two round a week guy this would not have happened for a couple of years probably. I play as much as I can depending on weather and that's usually 5 to 10 rounds a week. So I saw on another thread somewhere someone plasti-dipped the bottom of a bag to negate this type of wear. I will likely do this pretty soon. Check back for updates from time to time. Maybe I'll grab a ZUCA LG to go with it too.

So as the rounds continue to pile up. So does the wear. Straps seem to be doing just fine. The bottom of the bag is starting to show some wear. The protective tabs that cover the main wear points are about gone. Now if I was a one or two round a week guy this would not have happened for a couple of years probably. I play as much as I can depending on weather and that's usually 5 to 10 rounds a week. So I saw on another thread somewhere someone plasti-dipped the bottom of a bag to negate this type of wear. I will likely do this pretty soon. Check back for updates from time to time. Maybe I'll grab a ZUCA LG to go with it too.

Surely you can find a Chinese ZUCA ripoff to complete the set. I believe in you!

Parting shot of my rig.

Real Zuca Cart. Knock off Simian ( BagLane Fusion) Also a cool Chewie Buzz.

Attachments

• 19916151-57FE-4A78-B840-C6BE2B57BDD3.jpg
    19916151-57FE-4A78-B840-C6BE2B57BDD3.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 59
  • F31FC4E6-9508-447D-AC23-8E9A66681AEC.jpg
    F31FC4E6-9508-447D-AC23-8E9A66681AEC.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 32
You know I tried that. I found I was actually less tired at the end of a round even with the big bag loaded than with a smaller bag for two reasons.

1. The seat. I can sit at will even if its only for a second, makes a huge difference. Also, in order to sit I have no extra gear ( a stool) to bother with, it's built in.

2. I don't have to bend all the way to the ground to pick the bag up like I do with a standard shoulder type bag. This really adds up throughout a round or especially multiple rounds in a day.

I am the same though I do not have that bag rather the converted or modified bag of a Vertex Angler Backpack, with a seat on it. When the bag itself on the seat thing dies I have a back up bag that I will use for the seat ready to go modified to fit the seat on the bag. The whole bag is about $85 with the modifications of a stroller bottle holder to the bag for second bottle holder first is a water proof stuff dry sack and about $1.00 of safety pins crimped shut as well as some zip ties to keep the stroller bottle holder attached to the bag.

My dad has a FLW Walmart fishing saddle bag with taller seat with more a single strap that he uses for disc golf since 2006 or so. before that he had a small starter bag that was getting too small for him to use. I looked online for that saddle bag so I could add a smaller next up from a starter disc golf bag to the underside have it hanging there for a second disc storage using one of the saddle bags for storage and get the Innova quad straps to see if they would work for the seat but they have stopped making my dads bag since 2000's sometime but I found my set up on Amazon.

Yeah that's cool. If I had known that about the drain might of gone with the elite. I immediately thought I wouldn't want a funky smelling thing as a part of my bag. Cuz I know I would wash it as often as my dg towels. Nevah!!

Yeah that's cool. If I had known that about the drain might of gone with the elite. I immediately thought I wouldn't want a funky smelling thing as a part of my bag. Cuz I know I would wash it as often as my dg towels. Nevah!!

Yeah he back up for when my modified Vertex Angler Backpack part dies in the seat that come with it is the Athletico Power Shot Disc Golf Backpack I made so it can fit the seat from the angler has a side pocket that is a non drain cooler but all I might put as far as food stuff on that side that needs to be cold or tastes better cold is water/other drink. I might not use the cooler side for drinks if not my extra stuff fits in the other side as those side storage pouches are a bit skinny shape. The Athletico Power Shot Disc Golf Backpack has some bigger bottle holders for drinks.