• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag critique/suggestions

ertai

Vitals
Years playing/experience: 4 years / 1 year competitive
Right/Left-Handed / Ambidextrous: Right-handed
Throwing style: RHBH
Golf distances (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Classic DX Roc(200/275) / Roc+(275/325) / Leopard(325/375-400)

Optional
Sex: M
Injuries/Handicaps: None
Other sport proficiencies: Racquetball
Specific areas of desired feedback: General
Immediate and long-term goals: Throw 450'

Bag

Putters
Aero (used): Go-to putter, can also be used for short turn-over shots and rollers.
Aviar (Champ CSR Glo/used): Secondary go-to putter, love it on non-windy days.
Aviar (Champ/new): Used for short putts only - don't really like the rim thickness and isn't really gummy like the Glo above.
Classic Roc(DX/1 beat/1 used/1 new): The beat version is great for short-medium turn-overs or hyzer flipped for short, straight shots. Newer versions used for tunnel, control shots. These discs see the most play out of all the discs in my bag.

Mids
Shark (DX/used): Goes in and out of the bag, depending on the course. 100-150' approach shots on windy days, this is a nice disc to have. Also not bad for grenades (1 hole on a local course).
Maco (Star/beat): Aced with this disc and made some ridiculous birdie shots from >100'. Now, usually hyzer flipped for very slight right turn-over shots ~225'.
Roc (DX/new): Nice for small hyzers or flex shots.
Roc+ (Pro/used): Straight shots, windy days go-to disc.
Gator (DX/new): Utility disc. Most over-stable mid, go-to disc for large hyzers, spike hyzers, grenades and windy days go-to disc. I really like this disc.

Drivers
Cheetah (DX/used): Goes in and out, depending on the day. Nice on longer anhyzer lines, but usually competes with Leopards. This disc could go.
Leopard (DX/1 beat/1 used): Turn-over or hyzer flipped on a straight line.
Leopard (Champ/new): For straight shots, flex shots and rollers.
Teebird (DX/1 beat/1 used): The beat version competes some with the Leopard, while the used version flies straight for 325-375'.
Teebird (Champ/new): Flex shots and windy days go-to driver.
Valkyrie (DX/new): Not beat in enough to turn over yet, but nice for flex shots.
Valkyrie (Champ/new): Great for flex shots or a long distance driver that stays on a flat line.
Firebird (Champ/used): Utility disc. This disc is great for large hyzers, overhand, sidearm, rollers, windy days, ect. I'm waiting for an ace from this disc any day now. This disc isn't coming out and I'm thinking about getting more in some other plastics/weights.

I'm looking for a more overstable putter (maybe a Pig or Aviar Driver) for windy days. I can see the Shark and Maco being replaced by more Rocs (Roc/Roc+). Also looking to get a couple KC Aviars, as I had 1 that I really enjoyed but lost recently.

Any suggestions on overlap is welcome. Also, suggestions for discs other than Innova is welcome - I really only know Innova and the discs they make.

Bag

Putters
Aero (used): Go-to putter, can also be used for short turn-over shots and rollers.
Aviar (Champ CSR Glo/used): Secondary go-to putter, love it on non-windy days.
Aviar (Champ/new): Used for short putts only - don't really like the rim thickness and isn't really gummy like the Glo above.Classic Roc(DX/1 beat/1 used/1 new): The beat version is great for short-medium turn-overs or hyzer flipped for short, straight shots. Newer versions used for tunnel, control shots. These discs see the most play out of all the discs in my bag.I'd pick a couple of the rocs to use or drop the Avair and Aero, there's too much overlap. KC Pro Aviar will be a good driving and wind putter.

Mids
Shark (DX/used): Goes in and out of the bag, depending on the course. 100-150' approach shots on windy days, this is a nice disc to have. Also not bad for grenades (1 hole on a local course).
Maco (Star/beat): Aced with this disc and made some ridiculous birdie shots from >100'. Now, usually hyzer flipped for very slight right turn-over shots ~225'.
Roc (DX/new): Nice for small hyzers or flex shots.
Roc+ (Pro/used): Straight shots, windy days go-to disc.
Gator (DX/new): Utility disc. Most over-stable mid, go-to disc for large hyzers, spike hyzers, grenades and windy days go-to disc. I really like this disc.

Drivers
Cheetah (DX/used): Goes in and out, depending on the day. Nice on longer anhyzer lines, but usually competes with Leopards. This disc could go.
Leopard (DX/1 beat/1 used): Turn-over or hyzer flipped on a straight line.
Leopard (Champ/new): For straight shots, flex shots and rollers.
Teebird (DX/1 beat/1 used): The beat version competes some with the Leopard, while the used version flies straight for 325-375'.
Teebird (Champ/new): Flex shots and windy days go-to driver.
I believe you have too many TBirds and Leopards, I would try to get it down to two of each at the most.

Valkyrie (DX/new): Not beat in enough to turn over yet, but nice for flex shots.
Valkyrie (Champ/new): Great for flex shots or a long distance driver that stays on a flat line.
Firebird (Champ/used): Utility disc. This disc is great for large hyzers, overhand, sidearm, rollers, windy days, ect. I'm waiting for an ace from this disc any day now. This disc isn't coming out and I'm thinking about getting more in some other plastics/weights.

This is a good set of control drivers to work on getting max D

Biggest thing I would suggest is trying to minimize the amount of putters you have. You should be able to cover most of your shots with fewer discs.

Putters: try to get down to 1 or two molds - sounds like aviars (DX, KC and Champ) and Classic Rocs?

Mids: Drop the Shark and Gator and Pick up a heavy-ish KC Roc for OS duties. If you wanted to drop the Mako, you should definitely try a Z Comet

Fairways: Cheetah probably isn't needed

Distance: Golden

Drop the

Shark
Cheetah
The beat dx teebird

Add a big bead aviar for driving and windy days

I use teebirds and leopards alot.

I have 3 dx teebirds I'm seasoning for backups and the same thing for my dx leopards so I can have backup rollers.

My champ teebirds are all flat and Max wieght. For fade and wind.
My champ Leo's are also Max wieght for flex shots.

Latest posts