• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Dialed In?

FLX Surge SS new and beat, Star Monster, Star Valk new and beat, Beat Champ Beast (will phase out when my beat surge can hold the anny all the way), Z Hornet, FLX buzzz, Ibex, VP and Summit. I have more than that in my bag, but these are my staple discs that I always throw no matter what. Only on occasion will I throw what else is in my bag or throw something random in there just to mix it up. That being said, my tourney bag is solid and not to be tampered with. Change is bad, mmmkay?

The only new discs I buy into are the growing companies that don't have a billion different molds or materials. I just don't buy into the idea that game changers are there for individual players every year (cough, innova blizzard, cough, discraft Ti).

i will always have a firebird and a wraith.

until i threw eagles i always had a teebird and leopard. now i might be dropping the teebird and leo for the eagle X & L combo. idk though. i have a lot of nice teebirds and leos. ya know?

then i come to mids. used to throw a spider and cro, then i found the buzzz. now i've put a roc in the bag and love it for longer upshots. still use the buzzz off the tee.

and finally putters. putters are my problem. used to be magnets. then p&a aviars, then big bead aviars, then rhynos, then yeti aviars, then kc pro aviars then wizards. now im thinking of going back to rhynos, or bb aviars. i just dont know what to go with. they all have their pros/cons.

so yeah i know i need to just stick with a certain set up. i know it will help my game.

ive been sticking to yeti, roc, pd, firebird, destroyer for at least a year now. all ive added is a roadrunner for some rollers and vulcans for max D in no/light wind. and thats game! i do like to try new discs when they come out but not really with the intention of puttin them in the bag

I find myself trying out far to many discs all at once and my game does suffer. But I feel like I have to give something a try if there's a chance it might help my game in the long run.

My bag always has Rhynos, Rocs, Teebirds, Leopards, and Avengers, and Avenger SS' in it though. I've added the Anode and King which I don't see taking out any time soon.

I'm currently testing the Axis and Blizzard Boss. I also am trying to decide between a Drone and Vector for the true overstable mid slot. In the next few weeks I'm going to try out the Sword, Warship, Piranha, Fuse, Blizzard and Star destroyer, and a Vision

I have been only been playing since October of 2010. From about April of 2011, when I started taking things serious, to somewhere around the last part of December, I threw the same discs. I had other discs, but these were always in the bag no matter what. I had the following:

Omega SS(putting and throwing)
Wraith
Teebird
Roc
Rhyno

Although I played well with those discs, I was unhappy with my rocs. They were just not working anymore for me after about 9 months, so I switched to Buzzz's. I also added a Hornet, Comet, Glide, swapped out the Wraith for the Surge which gave me more glide, and I recently added the Blizzard Wraith, Katana, and Destroyer. I also switched to Magnets for putting, while I still throw Omega's.

I don't like change at all which is why I kept the same bag for a long time. I add discs during the week when I'm trying them out, but during tourney play, I keep the same bag.

Magnet
Omega SS
Comet
Buzzz
Hornet
Glide
Stalker
Teebird
Surge
Blizz Wraith
Blizz Destroyer
Blizz Katana

My bag will stay this way for a long long time...

Like many many other new players, I disregarded everything I read here and bought several discs that were WAYYY to fast, and overstable for my noodle arm. Luckly, I decided I sucked about two months into it and decided to stick to the legendary, trademark, "beginners start here" discs and haven't looked back. I figured there's a reason these discs have been around forever, with soooo many people all sayin the same thing. Beginners should throw Leos. The whole Buzzz vs Roc argument, obviously, can't go wrong with either. Plus, some crazy once told me "consistency breeds success." So, decide what your gonna do, and do it like hell.

I've been throwing a few of the same discs but I do enjoy finding new discs and their abilities as well as finding what I am capable of with each disc. I have only been playing seriously for a short period of time (not like tournament serious, but educated int he sport and terminology type of serious). Although a lot of the molds still confuse me, I do understand a lot about the stability to plastic type.

For my home course I use almost every disc in my bag for at least 1 shot. But that is because I know my course so well that I enjoy throwing certain discs at certain times even if its only once. Then if I am on an unfamiliar course and see the potential of a similar line I know what disc to go for.

Keepers:

DX Starfire
StarSL
Champ Valk
Champ Beast
Elite X Buzzz
DX Roc
Aviar (175 for most putting)
SS Wiz (160 for turbo puts, has saved my butt many times)

I'll bring a Z crush and a Bangor GT in for specific shots.

I still want to add a heavier Teebird and a Leo. I have a 140 teebrid but i WAY overpower it so it doesn't really see any time. I've never thrown a leo but I figure I might. I'm still a little confused on what a good weight is for me :/

My bag has been pretty consistant for awhile now:

Z Surge
Z Stalker
CryZtal Buzzz
Z Buzzz SS
CryZtal Challenger

I will adapt it to specific courses though, when the need arises.

I always change. But I also have kept discs in for months.. One of my discs has been in since the beginning.

Staples (for over three years) include...

Wizards, Sharks, Buzzes, Teebirds, Firebirds, Flashes, and Destroyers.

In the last year, I've added Fuses (which are not going anywhere) and Nukes. However...I feel as though Nukes and Destroyers overlap in some areas. I've just ordered a Blizzard Destroyer and an OS Nuke to settle the dispute. I have a feeling that one mold will be kicked out of the bag and the other will give me maximum distance.

On a side note, any suggestions here on their choice for big drives would be much appreciated!

I've been throwing voodoo-buzzz-gazelle as my core three since I started taking DG seriously, about 2 months after my first time playing. I've added in other compliments, but I could play without them and probably score just as well on most courses.

I was all over the place with my drivers. Now that I found Legacy Discs thats all I throw. This realy helped me clean up my bag. This is my perfect (for me that is) set-up.
Putters: 1 clozer, 1 glow Ion
Mids: 1 Cryztal Z Buzzz, 1 Glow Axis, 1 Glow Vector
Drivers: 3 Cannons, 3 Rampages. I keep 1 of each driver new, because you never know when you might need that crispy new driver. Everything is 174/175g.

Right now I'm trying to see which is a better mid for my game, the Axis or Vector. 1 will stay, 1 will go.
Whats funny is that no Innova discs stayed with me, I also gave up on the Wizard putter for the clozer (Legacy Discs) putter.

Been playing for 2.5 years, and my bag is set pretty much. All classics though.

Aviar putters, comet and buzzz midranges, leopard and teebird fairway drivers, destroyers and nukes. All molds that have proven their worth over time, and that cover mosts shots between them.

I will add more discs once I find shots that I can not do with those discs. So far, I have not found any.

I would say after 3-4 or so years of playing around I think my bag is settled
Ion, Fuse, Lycan, Zone, River, EXP, Roadrunner, Sword, Monster, Destroyer

that said I still pick up new discs here and there to give them a try

I just tried a Limited Edition ESP Nuke OS
and I'm waiting on a couple of Giants

I've just recently taken the plunge from big warp speed drivers to fairways.

I was throwing wraiths, destroyers, katanas, nukes etc....with buzzz and challengers being the staple.

Now im chucking more tl's teebirds, leopards and rivers to see what I like best. I think I like the feel of the river better than the leopard so far...gonna rock this bag for the summer and see what happens.

Great info and input

I have finally dialed my bag in for the most part

Beat Champ Valk
newer 5x Valk
Beat Champ Viking
Newer champ viking
11x firebird(depends on the course)
Glo champ gazelle--166G
11x gazelle--172G
11x Cheetah
DX Viper for wind and rescue shots
2 X comets--one beat and one newer
Champ shark
Echostar Mako--This is coming out of the bag to focus on throwing the shark
2 beat aviar P&A putters for anhyzer shots
1 champ aviar P&A for hyzer shot
1 aviar P&A main putter

The valk has been in my bag from the start. the viking is a newer addition but will not be leaving. the gazelle and cheetah are newer adds but are not going anywhere

The only thing i see changing is a possible fairway anhyzer disc and I am not very happy with my mid range discs. I would like to find something that I really like

Last year I felt as though I had my bag pretty much dialed in. But that doesn't mean I've stopped searching for that miracle disc. Now I'm just buying and trading for back ups. I generally only have 1 mold of each in my bag with 2 exceptions. I carry 2 Leopards a 150 and a low 170s. And I have 2 Z Flicks in my bag only because I can't find a suitable Flick to replace my "ace" (avatar) disc.

The one disc that could be moved out is the Orc. When I'm on my game it flies like no other, but its not very forgiving if I'm not on my game. So if I could find a disc that flies similarly that more forgiving of technique flaws then I'd replace it.

Other than that unless/until I do find that miracle disc then my bag is pretty dialed in.

I was really comfortable with my bag this time last year and had been playing with that setup for at least six months. I'd never played better golf. Now that I haven't had the time to play, my bag is no longer as tailored to my game/distances. I managed to build up enough back ups that I could essentially throw the same discs for the next decade (or longer), and I started to get bored. So I have been trying some newer molds to see if my bag truly is as "right" as I thought it was (and to shake things up).