• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Straps

On a side note, the phenix straps are made here in CO and the owner recently opened a disc golf store here. He's a really nice down to earth guy who is very involved in DG happenings here in CO. When I buy myself some straps I'll be going with phenix.

Supposedly Innova bags and straps are much better now that Hero makes them. I was looking for straps recently and I think both Phenix and Innova are about $25 online, so I would probably go with Phenix if I were you. I personally got the Innova (Hero) quads because they were the only ones carried by the store where I got the best deal on my bag, and I have been happy with them. But why not get the more recommended Phenix if they are around the same price?

I just saw a brand new pair of Innova straps last week at a retailer. They still did not have the shock absorbing elastic part of the strap on them.

Phenix hands down. I have tried out both from friends and there is no comparison.

?????oh well maybe they were the older style?????

?????oh well maybe they were the older style?????

Could be. You never know when they tear open the plastic, just how long they have had those things.

The TD I know says there are two choices "crappy innova straps" or phenix. I recently got my quad shocks and they are a freaken dream. comfy to the max

I'm on the fence about buying straps. I'm sure I will end up doing it, and it seems like Phenix is the way to go, but I'm not convinced yet. The strap that came with my Innova bag has held up pretty well so far - do the quad straps really make that big of a difference? I carry about 20 discs and a few bottles of water, but the weight doesn't really bother me with the single strap. The single strap also makes it really easy to pick up/set down, which I feel like would be more difficult with the quad straps.

Basically I need someone to sell me on these things. Any takers?

My quad shocks broke the first round I used them. Supposedly they have been having problems lately. If you can, get the older ones.....

I'm on the fence about buying straps. I'm sure I will end up doing it, and it seems like Phenix is the way to go, but I'm not convinced yet. The strap that came with my Innova bag has held up pretty well so far - do the quad straps really make that big of a difference? I carry about 20 discs and a few bottles of water, but the weight doesn't really bother me with the single strap. The single strap also makes it really easy to pick up/set down, which I feel like would be more difficult with the quad straps.

Basically I need someone to sell me on these things. Any takers?

Difference: It all depends on how much you play. If you play really often, it will take some of the stress off of your shoulders and back. If you don't play often it wont make a big difference. For me personally I really like having the straps.
Eases of taking them off: The quad straps go on and off as easily as any single strap. There is NO difference. But for those long walks between holes both straps are really nice.

I play just about every day so I'm sure I could benefit from making the switch. Thanks.

they are the exact same. innova remade theres late last year and the same company that makes phenix now makes innova and just places whatever logo on them.

I am not certain this is true. I'll ask Kyle (owner of Phenix) next time I am in his shop.... (which wont be long from now)

I am currently using Innova Backsavers. No real complaints except the stitching is coming undone in one spot.(2 months old) I just ordered the Quad Shocks this morning to see what all the fuss is about. I have a fused spine with 2 steel rods keeping it all straight, so I'm all about a "comfy" ride!

I'll add this as well: I have phenix quads. I love them, they are comfortable, well made and strong as anything. My wife has a pair of the Innova straps (just bought a couple months ago). They are decent, but not as padded and comfortable as my quads. They seem pretty durable, but are not made the same. The clips are not as good or strong feeling as the ones on my quads.

Conclusion: The Innova straps are pretty good and seem pretty tough. But for my money, it is just smart money to spend the extra 5-10 bucks (look around, you can find them for like various prices) on the Phenix Quads just because of the extra comfort factor along with the proven durability. The Innova straps might be good, but the Phenix's are just a bit better and worth the extra few bucks.

Phenix now, thank us all later.

I just took mine off of my Titlist golf bag.

Latest posts