• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Suggestions

Animage

Double Eagle Member
Ive been outta the game a bit now due to a knee injury and it seems the bag market has exploded since dec 2011.

I'm looking to get a new bag to add to my collection but wanting something different (I own a fade crunch, gorilla boy squirel monkey, revo carolina, innova comp)

I'm looking for

2 putter pocket
as few as 8 discs but up to max 16
dividers
backpack strapable or just a backpack in general assuming they're smaller than the Mahal or the Simian.
clip for a towel
I'm not worried about prices.

I hate bulk, I dont need room for anything more than probably a 32oz gatorade, bug spray, sharpie, pen. I don't carry minis anymore or extra towels as I doubt im going to be competing anytime soon again.

There's so many discs that have come out im having troubles just keeping up with them all. Nothing cures rust like throwing cash at everything!

I don't own one, but I've been eyeing a Voodoo Mojo lately something awful. They look awesome, and I've heard nothing but good things. Sounds like it's right in your specified size range, too.

I was just searching for them. Last time I was around, they were only orderable via facebook then emailing them. Glad they have an actual site now lol

Upper Park Designs..The shift, great price different design and perfect for all the stuff you said you'd be carrying.

I honestly see no reason to ever change from my innova deluxe w/ quad shocks. Yea, it's kinda pricy, but I've had mine 2 years and there is barely any wear with regular use. The quad shocks really make the difference, especially compared to a single strap.

It can hold 25 disc no problem. I generally only carry 10-15 disc and have plenty of room for all you are looking to add. Inside putter pocket can hold 3, outside 1 or 2.

I dont play any more competitively then walk on doubles, so tons of disc doesn't do much for me. I don't need 10 pockets. I was looking for value in a bag. Spent some money on good straps and havn't looked back.

I honestly see no reason to ever change from my innova deluxe w/ quad shocks. Yea, it's kinda pricy, but I've had mine 2 years and there is barely any wear with regular use. The quad shocks really make the difference, especially compared to a single strap.

It can hold 25 disc no problem. I generally only carry 10-15 disc and have plenty of room for all you are looking to add. Inside putter pocket can hold 3, outside 1 or 2.

I dont play any more competitively then walk on doubles, so tons of disc doesn't do much for me. I don't need 10 pockets. I was looking for value in a bag. Spent some money on good straps and havn't looked back.

I should have mentioned, but i own a deluxe as well. Its a storage bag for my backup Rocs.

As for the shift, looks like a great first step for them, but there's some redesign needed for me to want that as a primary bag

Gotcha. I still say pick up some quad straps

I've actually got 2 sets of the Phenix Quads and one of the Innova. I always liked to take different sets of discs out and reloading and taking off straps and swapping bags is always a hassle. I'm probably sitting on 300 discs owned now so amassing more isnt the problem :D

i'm quite smitten with what I have in the Revo Carolina, but i dont need that much storage room, the drink holders are poorly thought out, and the plastic liner makes the most awful noise with discs banging around if its not completely full.

I keep thinking the Mojo might be what I want. Is there a way to get a second divider, such as what the Karma comes with an order or has anyone tried?

I found out the Mojo is not built for big boys as I am 235 and it was too narrow and difficult to put on with the Phenix Quads. I sold it and switched to a Gorilla Boy Silver Back and could not be more pleased. Fits my wide back better and has the same amount of storage.

I found out the Mojo is not built for big boys as I am 235 and it was too narrow and difficult to put on with the Phenix Quads. I sold it and switched to a Gorilla Boy Silver Back and could not be more pleased. Fits my wide back better and has the same amount of storage.

I'm bigger than you. 6ft but 260lbs. I have no issues with the backpack straps and a Fade crunch and I cant imagine its any more narrow than that bag is. How annoying was it?

It required work getting my 2nd arm into place and it felt like i was really stretching out the quads. I'm not the only one who has mentioned this. People have suggested moving from the factory quad position to a little tab that is on the back for something else. It worked but I didn't want to count on it and tear it up. The GB is not wider but it seems the location of the quad hooks up are just positioned better. I also like the drink holders on the GB bag better. The mojo drink holders sag a bunch when loaded as they are connected to the outside pocket and not the side of the bag.

If your leaning towards backpacks and want something smaller, check out the Gateway mini backpack, it has all the bells and whistles of the regular, but made to be more compact. Not to mention wait until Dave does a Facebook special, you can probably get one with a few discs thrown in for a great price.

If your leaning towards backpacks and want something smaller, check out the Gateway mini backpack, it has all the bells and whistles of the regular, but made to be more compact. Not to mention wait until Dave does a Facebook special, you can probably get one with a few discs thrown in for a great price.

Seems a bit on the cheaper scale but I can't find more pics and seems only comes in yellow :/

Upper Park Designs..The shift, great price different design and perfect for all the stuff you said you'd be carrying.

This is real interesting, i wore a DIY bag very similar to this a year or two back. It was hydration compatible and held 15 discs in a sling style.

Seems a bit on the cheaper scale but I can't find more pics and seems only comes in yellow :/

I have the normal size gateway backpack. Very Durable! Gateway quality is equal to Revo quality. However, Gateway's roll cage is muff cabbage. total junk. DIY is not hard to fix this.

Personally I am stuck between the Spinal Tap and new Prodiscus Bag (smaller version). But now its kind of more about availability. Prodiscus still hasnt finished their demo model yet and it will take even more time coming from Europe. I just really want an Orange bag....haha.

I cant believe no one has mentioned a Grip bag. I recently switched from a Revolution Carolina bag/Phoenix Quads to a Grip, no longer have lower back pain after every round. The Grip doesnt have excessive storage, but it's a nice small/smaller bag, great putter location, and comes with rainfly bag cover.

I cant believe no one has mentioned a Grip bag. I recently switched from a Revolution Carolina bag/Phoenix Quads to a Grip, no longer have lower back pain after every round. The Grip doesnt have excessive storage, but it's a nice small/smaller bag, great putter location, and comes with rainfly bag cover.

and costs $40+ more than a comparable backpack.

Latest posts