• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagger !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that you are not a member of the PDGA but you can however view the ratings you received from the last tournament that you were in. Take the ratings from the last tournament, do a little math to find your average, and play where your rating reflects. That's what I plan on doing next year. I'm not going to be reupping my PDGA membership because of wedding, new house, honeymoon, school, etc. I am however going to do the best I can to keep track of my "rating". Yes, it might not be official but it will at least put me in the ballpark.

haters_gonna_hate_by_genshihebi-d36bgfk.gif

If you were in the PDGA and were rated after that tournament you would be rated 951. That is way not eligible for Rec or for Intermediate. You may not feel like a bagger, but no one else in your same situation of play with a PDGA number would ever be allowed to play in those RATINGS PROTECTED divisions and you shouldn't be either. If your goal is to play because you want to Win and get something out of it, you either have the wrong mindset, or need to get better enough to win against fair competition.

Whatever your rating, that is where you should play. I don't expect to get my entry back everytime I play. Some days I play well, some days I don't.

Playing your rating is one thing... but let me get this straight... you beat some people by 21 strokes. Now you want to play the same people, and the same division?

Last tournament I played out-of-town didn't have 'rec' or 'int', it had 'am' and then advanced and open. I signed up for Int, and got put in AM. After a ****ty first round I had 4 people within 2 strokes of me, but after a solid second round I won my division by 10. After that tournament, any time I play in that city I'll be playing advanced. It's all about the competition, play in the division you belong in, but not if it means you're going to stomp the competition.

The very definition of the word 'bagger'. Your ratings suggest you should be playing in advanced. That's not hating, that's rating.

If you sign up with the PDGA, you'll have a rating. Play where you're eligible, if that's what you want to do.

If you're not a PDGA member, or are playing in a non-PDGA event, you're subject to the decision of the TD. Live with it.

This. If you don't want to join the PDGA, you play whatever division the TD decides for you. With this being your first tournament, most TDs will (and did) take your word for it if you say you should be playing Rec. However, ratings from previous tournaments are available to TDs, even for non-PDGA players. Whether you join the PDGA or not, you won't be playing Rec again. :)

10-06-2011, 02:03 PM

dkoz
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: LHBH
The 1 thing that really get's me pissed is when I see the same guy winning tourney after tourney yet they wont move up!! Other then that there's really nothing you can do about it!

ACE~ #8 197ft Osbourne Park
ACE~ #9 314FT Osbourne Park
GO BLUE

A 21 shot win and you want to compete in rec again? Nope. You beat intermediate by 10 strokes? I'm obviously missing something. The only reason you shouldn't move to advanced is if rec played from the short tees and everyone else played from the longs(no idea if that's possible). I could see just moving to intermediate in that one scenario. Otherwise bump up to advanced or you are bagging.

Not like a bagger where everyone yells "move up!" in jest, but a bagger where people slash your tires or ask for a refund. If you aren't moving up, pass on the tournament.

A 21 shot win and you want to compete in rec again?

If he likes embarrassing himself in this fashion, the OP could step it up a notch and try dominating one of the junior divisions, maybe see if he can make any little kids cry. :|

A 21 shot win and you want to compete in rec again? Nope. You beat intermediate by 10 strokes? I'm obviously missing something. The only reason you shouldn't move to advanced is if rec played from the short tees and everyone else played from the longs(no idea if that's possible). I could see just moving to intermediate in that one scenario. Otherwise bump up to advanced or you are bagging.

Not like a bagger where everyone yells "move up!" in jest, but a bagger where people slash your tires or ask for a refund. If you aren't moving up, pass on the tournament.

Advanced used longer holes-
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Pun_s_Labyrinth_II_2013

10-06-2011, 02:03 PM

dkoz

The 1 thing that really get's me pissed is when I see the same guy winning tourney after tourney yet they wont move up!! Other then that there's really nothing you can do about it!

Nice find erock216, had to find it and quote it.

I think all little kids should lose an cry. What's up with this everyone gets a trophy if they lose crap they didn't do that ****. When we lost as kids we went home or coach was making us go practice.

I tend to give people who are new to the tournament scene one free pass when this sort of thing happens. One.

So the new thing is they tried to prohibit me from playing Rec when again there's a few players in intermediate that should get moved up as well but don't. After back and fourth with them and the pdga I'm allowed to play in rec, but I think I'm going to pass just to keep peace...............
What I don't get is why you'd want to go to such efforts to stay in Rec, when you've clearly shown yourself capable of competing in Advanced. Put yourself in the shoes of those six guys you beat, then ask the question you asked here. To me, the only thing less fun than getting the snot beat out of you is beating the snot out of someone else.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A win in Rec is like kissing your sister. In this case a very ugly sister. No need to do it twice unless you know you're gonna get crushed in the division above that (which we've already concluded you'd have been doing the crushing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts