• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagger !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOM

I guess I fail to understand what your health has to do with this discussion. You risk being unable to compete, regardless of what division you are playing.

Honestly you sound greedy and unwilling to actually earn the prizes you win. Smoking everyone in Rec so you can get a couple of discs is in the poorest of forms. Trying to justify that by hiding behind a health issue is dishonorable and an insult to everyone who plays through their various health issues.

I may be a smart ass, but you sir, are a sore loser who seems to completely fail to grasp the whole point of competition.

BOOM,BOOM,BOOM!!! That's the sound of your great quote crushing this whole thread. You my friend, are the winner.

Ok, so let's see.... I'm not a tourney guy at all, the course that I play scrambles and handicap league runs the puns tourney which I finally decided to play in and Won! At the time they didn't have a issue with me playing in Rec...why? They know how I shoot. My first thing I considered before I signed up was I seen 6 guys in int that I can't beat, so I'm thinking if I'm having a bad day with my health then I'm going to get destroyed. I knew 3 guys that played in Rec and I can normally beat them by 2 or 3 strokes, so I thought Rec was defiantly the division to sign up for. I shot lights out! I should say I made my putts......I'm the worse putter around, I'm lucky if I make 50% within that 8-10 ft range. I play for fun and like I said, I have a small window to play in before my season of throwing is over........Don't hate! Somebody did make a very good comment in which he said I'm signing up thinking what if I'm having a bad health day I still be able to compete....which is true!!! So that makes me a Bagger?

Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with the discussion. But, as you recognize, it has everything to do with the OP trying to justify and seek approval for his attempt to play against people who aren't as good as he is just so he can say he won a tournament. In addition to the false justification of poor health, he also lied about it being his first tournament as was pointed out in earlier posts.

The only issue I take with your words are that they are too kind. It isn't greed IMO that leads people to do dishonorable things like this, it is ego. He has an inflated image of himself and is avoiding an activity that won't result in confirmation of that inflated self-image, i.e., he only wants to compete when he has an unfair advantage. So he argues poor health, loss of money and lies about it being his first tournament so that he can get some confirmation and approval on this forum for his brazenly disgraceful conduct.

When I first saw this kind of nonsense in disc golf after starting to play about 2 years ago, I was very surprised that an attempt to play in a lower division than a player was qualified for didn't lead to penalties and disqualification. If I was the TD, I'd let the him sign up in the Rec division after cautioning him about the criteria for playing in that division and then disqualify him when he turned in his scorecard and ban him from the event in the future.
what other tourney?!?!?!?

oops

Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with the discussion. But, as you recognize, it has everything to do with the OP trying to justify and seek approval for his attempt to play against people who aren't as good as he is just so he can say he won a tournament. In addition to the false justification of poor health, he also lied about it being his first tournament as was pointed out in earlier posts.

The only issue I take with your words are that they are too kind. It isn't greed IMO that leads people to do dishonorable things like this, it is ego. He has an inflated image of himself and is avoiding an activity that won't result in confirmation of that inflated self-image, i.e., he only wants to compete when he has an unfair advantage. So he argues poor health, loss of money and lies about it being his first tournament so that he can get some confirmation and approval on this forum for his brazenly disgraceful conduct.

When I first saw this kind of nonsense in disc golf after starting to play about 2 years ago, I was very surprised that an attempt to play in a lower division than a player was qualified for didn't lead to penalties and disqualification. If I was the TD, I'd let the him sign up in the Rec division after cautioning him about the criteria for playing in that division and then disqualify him when he turned in his scorecard and ban him from the event in the future.

I'm sorry thumber, this quote just trumped yours by a mile. You my friend are the winner!!!

I guess I fail to understand what your health has to do with this discussion. You risk being unable to compete, regardless of what division you are playing.

Honestly you sound greedy and unwilling to actually earn the prizes you win. Smoking everyone in Rec so you can get a couple of discs is in the poorest of forms. Trying to justify that by hiding behind a health issue is dishonorable and an insult to everyone who plays through their various health issues.

I may be a smart ass, but you sir, are a sore loser who seems to completely fail to grasp the whole point of competition.

You honestly have no idea! I won fake money to buy discs....what did I do? Bought beginner discs and gave them to a few young kids watching. Again, I knew the guy playing in Rec and Int so I played in the div that I thought I could compete in. I'm sure everybody does it.

Ahhh

Ok, so let's see.... I'm not a tourney guy at all, the course that I play scrambles and handicap league runs the puns tourney which I finally decided to play in and Won! At the time they didn't have a issue with me playing in Rec...why? They know how I shoot. My first thing I considered before I signed up was I seen 6 guys in int that I can't beat, so I'm thinking if I'm having a bad day with my health then I'm going to get destroyed. I knew 3 guys that played in Rec and I can normally beat them by 2 or 3 strokes, so I thought Rec was defiantly the division to sign up for. I shot lights out! I should say I made my putts......I'm the worse putter around, I'm lucky if I make 50% within that 8-10 ft range. I play for fun and like I said, I have a small window to play in before my season of throwing is over........Don't hate! Somebody did make a very good comment in which he said I'm signing up thinking what if I'm having a bad health day I still be able to compete....which is true!!! So that makes me a Bagger?

Ahhhh,yeah that does make you a freakin bagger. Dude why do you continue to open your mouth and sound like a total idiot? To the guys that are agreeing with you; it would behoove you to jump off this guy's sinking ship. Man you're a disgrace to the sport. I guess with the way you think, all major league pitchers should see who they're pitching against and then ask to be moved to the minor league if they have to face a huge bat? Dude do yourself a favor and shut up......Pleeeeease

I'm sorry thumber, this quote just trumped yours by a mile. You my friend are the winner!!!

So you must be one of those guys who play in tournaments all the time and can't win, I bet you call the winners baggers too!

dkoz, I think it's universally accepted that you're a bagger. You can spin it anyway you want, but it doesn't change the truth.

You don't enter a tournament division knowing that you have a chance to win on your WORST day....you enter a tournament division hoping you'll have a chance to win on your BEST day. That's what competition is.

So you must be one of those guys who play in tournaments all the time and can't win, I bet you call the winners baggers too!

Quit trying to rationalize your behavior w/ fallacy after fallacy. Nobody is going to pat you on the back for wanting to smash on 700 rated players in the rec division.

Picks a division based off of who he can beat easily, states in his second post that winning a prize is a major concern, yet claims to have given away all his winnings to some kids.
Conclusion: a troll, a liar, or just really bad at self-evaluation. In all cases, also a bagger. Also, prizes beyond player's packages to ams needs to end completely.

ha

Dude. I've won a rec tourney and immediately moved up. why? because i wanted to challenge myself. I then went to intermediate and the highest i've ever placed in intermediate was around 10th place. But, I felt that i could play better than the intermediate players. Someone said on this thread that you should play at least to the level you think you could play at on your best day. So guess what? i moved to advanced masters. After getting my ass handed to me on a platter on SEVERAL occasions, I finally placed second in 2 consecutive tournaments. I play open at the local minis. I haven't one not 1 local mini playing open, but i know that playing with better people increases my chances of getting better. I'm just someone who doesn't think mediocrity is normal.

No one is calling you a bagger for playing Rec and winning so big. Well, maybe the people that dug up the tournament from two years ago where you played and finished middle of the pack in Intermediate are calling you a bagger for playing Rec last year. But those that took you at your word that last year was your first tournament ever weren't calling you a bagger for that.

But universally, everyone in this thread is calling you a bagger for wanting to play Rec again this year. You don't really have a leg to stand on in that debate.

Ok, so let's see.... I'm not a tourney guy at all, the course that I play scrambles and handicap league runs the puns tourney which I finally decided to play in and Won! At the time they didn't have a issue with me playing in Rec...why? They know how I shoot. My first thing I considered before I signed up was I seen 6 guys in int that I can't beat, so I'm thinking if I'm having a bad day with my health then I'm going to get destroyed. I knew 3 guys that played in Rec and I can normally beat them by 2 or 3 strokes, so I thought Rec was defiantly the division to sign up for. I shot lights out! I should say I made my putts......I'm the worse putter around, I'm lucky if I make 50% within that 8-10 ft range. I play for fun and like I said, I have a small window to play in before my season of throwing is over........Don't hate!

The first tournament can be tough to figure out what division you should be in. After that, it gets real easy - play your rating. Everyone has good days and bad. Yours may swing more with your health issues, but as time goes on, your rating will reflect as you average your good rounds with your bad. You don't choose a division based on what your "worst" day "might be". If you sign up as a PDGA member, they will track it for you. If you don't, you should be at the mercy of the information the TD has.

Somebody did make a very good comment in which he said I'm signing up thinking what if I'm having a bad health day I still be able to compete....which is true!!! So that makes me a Bagger?

This ABSOLUTELY make you a bagger. A selfish one at that. The system is designed so that you play at your "average" health day. But by bit**ing and whining to the TD & PDGA that you be exempt from the way the system has been set up, you deserve the bagger comments you are getting.

Last edited:
Picks a division based off of who he can beat easily, states in his second post that winning a prize is a major concern, yet claims to have given away all his winnings to some kids.
Conclusion: a troll, a liar, or just really bad at self-evaluation. In all cases, also a bagger. Also, prizes beyond player's packages to ams needs to end completely.

If I'm paying then yes I want to win a prize, but don't assume.....I don't needs discs because I have plenty. If they had stuff I liked then who knows, but again don't call me a liar when you don't know. Beat easily? Knowing a few guys that I play with that I can beat by a few strokes isn't me bagging, it's me signing up for the right div! Like I said in int I can name a handful of guys that played that normally crush me

If I'm paying then yes I want to win a prize, but don't assume.....I don't needs discs because I have plenty. If they had stuff I liked then who knows, but again don't call me a liar when you don't know. Beat easily? Knowing a few guys that I play with that I can beat by a few strokes isn't me bagging, it's me signing up for the right div! Like I said in int I can name a handful of guys that played that normally crush me

You're bagging. Quit making excuses and move up next time.

No one is calling you a bagger for playing Rec and winning so big. Well, maybe the people that dug up the tournament from two years ago where you played and finished middle of the pack in Intermediate are calling you a bagger for playing Rec last year. But those that took you at your word that last year was your first tournament ever weren't calling you a bagger for that.

But universally, everyone in this thread is calling you a bagger for wanting to play Rec again this year. You don't really have a leg to stand on in that debate.

Actually forgot all about the frozen....I wasn't a stranger to the TD or anybody else at this tourney I won. I play scrambles with these guys and most guys in the tourney, they know me as well as I know them. Nobody had a issue with me playing rec until I smoked them all!

Step 1. Quit prolonging this thread.

Step 2. Move up to Am2

Step 3. Deal with it

Let me ask you a question DangeRuss. I'm not a tourney guy so I will probably never get a membership. I'll maybe play in 1 tourney every year or two.......is is wrong if I feel I can't place in the top 5 to move down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts