• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bags for different conditions

Main bag #1 (longer, open courses) (15-16)
Main bag #2 (shorter, tight courses) (16-17)
Glow bag (all glow) (13-14)
Rain/wet bag (dx and gstar) (10-12)
Nutsac (6-7)
Emergency/car/backup bag (10-11)
Lightning (14-15)

I use a cart for most play. I have a backpack for elevation, where my cart is not optimal. I have a glow bag. I have a putting league small bag with five brand new putters. After the putting league season, they become my putters for the season.

Other than than, I carry a box of discs, some back ups in different plastics and some different discs, in the car. In windy or wet conditions I might swap out some discs for stability or grip.

I don't play enough deep snow to put together a winter bag.

1. Grip C14 (16 discs) my day bag / go to bag, most commonly used.

2. Grip C15 (16 discs) my GLOW bag, any night time rounds.

Purchased the Zuca/DD Backpack cart which easily fits either Grip bag. Easy to swap them in/out or just remove and go backpack only for those fun, cart-unfriendly courses. Use this for slower rounds like tournaments or mobbin' league play.

3. NutSac (4-5 discs) for quick solo rounds and practice. Works great for snagging a few discs to get around the course quickly when night arrives soon after work. Usually distance driver, fairway, midrange and putter. Or for putting practice and upshot work, pack in 3-4 putters and head out to course.

Also keep a plastic bin in the car full of disc golf supplies that may be course specific. Gator and Retriever for water courses, bug spray, sun blocker, towels, etc... Prefer to pack light on the course so only bring what I think I will need and leave the rest in the car.

I just have my standard bag with most discs except putters in a separate plastic or its only plastic of Star/ESP, (I have only Discraft and Innova discs in my bag) as the winter and or wet days as well as some discs in the Star for windy days compared to the lesser grip plastics such as Champion or one disc mold in old Pro.

standard bag with about 10 discs. enough variation to play about anything. rainy and winds of 50mph here today, though. not crushing anything today!

I carry a small bag, max of 12 but usually 10.

I do carry my large bag in the truck when I'm going someplace new, and adjust my small bag accordingly for wind once I reach the course. Wind is really the only deciding factor for me.

I can put together many different bags: all-MVP/Axiom, all-Innova-DX, all-Innova-Champion (or star), all-Trilogy, all-glow, etc.

There are different courses in my area. Some are all-technical (wooded), some all-open, and some a mixture. I tend to carry fewer mids on the open course and add a roller disc. My core bag is designed for both open and technical conditions. I would use that core bag on courses I've never played before, also.

I used to have a 'windy weather' bag that was heavy on more overstable discs. But over time I just added OS discs to my regular bag, rather than make guesses on shifting winds during a day.

And of course, in October I carry all pink discs for 'Throw Pink' month. :)

I use the same bag year round for the most part. If it's really cold and wet I might drop my premium plastic putters for a baseline.

Only major exception is if it's 6"+ of fresh snow on the ground. I'm dropping all my drivers and throwing in DX Teebirds. I don't want to lose my disc, especially since not everyone at my home course is great about returning found discs.

I have my regular bag, my "shrug-it's-a-ski-hill-with-waist-high-grass-so-I-will-lose-my-discs-and-find-crappy-other-ones" bag, and my emergency kit that stays in my car.
In my emergency kit, I keep a jawbreaker challenger (only time I don't putt with a rattler), a dx shark, a g-star destroyer, and a supercolor spectra.
I couldn't tell you what's in the ski hill bag; it changes every time I play there :gross:

After splitting a brand new Innova Mirage into two pieces on a tree kick, I threw together a simple cold weather bag consisting of a Daredevil Discs Ogopogo driver, their Walrus mid, and their Woodchuck putter. These are in their rubbery elastic plastic. Being a new player, it's gonna take some time to learn to throw the Ogopogo.

After splitting a brand new Innova Mirage into two pieces on a tree kick, I threw together a simple cold weather bag consisting of a Daredevil Discs Ogopogo driver, their Walrus mid, and their Woodchuck putter. These are in their rubbery elastic plastic. Being a new player, it's gonna take some time to learn to throw the Ogopogo.

DareDevil is solid. They grip well with thin gloves on, better than most gstar or esp imho. Keep them are dry as possible.
Timberwolf has some popularity in friends bags as everyday drivers.