• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bags for my kids

tr122

My kids are starting to get into disc golf an they both have 4 discs. They want to be like dad and have their own bag. I'm not opposed to getting them bags, I just can't find one suited for them. Something like a nutsac would be good, but I am not giving my 7 year old daughter a bag that says nutsac on it. Any suggestions?

If you or your significant other are crafty, you could always sew a patch over the Nutsac logo. One of the nice things about the cannonball canvas is you can sew things onto it relatively easily. I have a buddy who has sewed a few patches on his, as well as a separate front pouch for a lucky golf ball he uses to knock discs out of trees. Nutsac isn't for me (I don't mind the name, but it looks so much like a purse) but it's definitely a quality bag that will last years.

If that doesn't interest you, I've seen other people using Discraft Starter Weekender bags. Not sure how long they'll last, but they're small, hold 8 discs or so, and at $15 they're not a huge investment. I've looked at a Latitude 64 Slim Jim and they seem okay too.

Last edited:
Fade lites are perfect starter bags. Just bought 12 myself to hand out to friends that help me install my course. The two I've already given away were very well received (both guys already played, but neither carries many discs nor owned a disc-specific bag).

I started with a Lightning Discs starter bag (cheapest small bag I could find), and as the old adage goes; I got what I paid for. Fade gear is built much better.

Ching jam bags are perfect for 3-4 discs and they're nice and cheap.

+1 on the Fade Lites. I haven't any experience with the others listed here but I liked the Fade bag because I could get my boy one in Camo. I think (not sure) that the color selection in the Fade Lites is a little better than the others.

My son is 9 and uses the Discraft Weekender bag which works really well for him. One important thing is that the bag has to have a strap that adjusts to be short enough for a kid... the Weekender's does in my experience... not sure about the Fade Lite.

Ching jam bags are perfect for 3-4 discs and they're nice and cheap.

Yep. I hype these up a lot. I see a fair amount of people in Colorado carrying these around. I used two of them as Ring of Fire prizes at my 2013 Birdie Bash...they were a big hit.

I also recommend the Upper Park bags. I got a Focus for my daughter with the optional water bladder, and she loves it. It fits her pretty well.

disqbag is a cool online retailer that sells a really girly bag that holds about 4-5 discs. It looks like a book bag.

Fade Lite was too big for my kids. They only need 2 discs each (4 total), and that bag works best with 10 or more, which is overkill, especially when I inevitably end up carrying their bag.

I just carry their discs in the top compartment of my Ranger when they play with me, works great.

I recommend the Innova Standard Bag. I've had mine for over 8 years now & it still is in great shape. I only use it for glow rounds now though.

My daughter is now 10, but has been carrying my Fade Light for the last two seasons and loves it. Strap is adjustable, and fits the random DX discs I've found in my travels quite well. Picked it up at the local disc shop for $10 used a while back.

Fade Lite was too big for my kids. They only need 2 discs each (4 total), and that bag works best with 10 or more, which is overkill, especially when I inevitably end up carrying their bag.

I just carry their discs in the top compartment of my Ranger when they play with me, works great.

10 or more discs?
Sounds more like a Crunch box.

Last edited:
I have a nutsac and it's a great bag and if you want to spend the money on a pair of those it wouldn't be a bad idea. If you think your kids will tire of playing soon or just don't want to drop that much on bags I'd get a pair of fade lites and you'll still come in under the cost of one nutsac bag probably. Just depends on your price and who you like to support. Nutsac is lifetime type bag made in america. Fade lite is a get them through a couple years maybe more likely made in asia by kids there own age type of bag.