• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bamm's Bag 2nd Attempt Have at it guys

Bamm

Double Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 2.5 yrs
Right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, Thumber/Tommy OH, rarely backhand

Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Opto Pure: 240'; Buzzz: 280ish; JK Valk/Lightweight GL River : 320'

Optional:
Sex: M
Height: 5'10
Weight:284 (I know, I know):doh:
Injuries/handicaps?: Torn ACL and MCL 6 years ago
Other sport proficiencies?: Tennis/Softball
Want to learn a consistent and effective backhand
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to gain some additional distance in the long-term, work on my footwork, technique.

Bag: Lat 64 Pro Bag

Drivers:
I like my heavier rivers for longer fairway drivers and also for my "control" driver on tighter fairways or wooded long shots. Max distance on these is about 300'-320'. Consistent distance is 275'-290'. The heavier ones seem to hold a nice straight line almost all the way through the flight and the really light ones seem to start to fade just a touch earlier. I can get a little more distance out of the lighter ones, 320'ish max where the heavier ones top out around 305'-310'ish. I have a lot of them because I store all of my discs in my 3 bags, so I decided to list them all. Quite a few of these are backups.
GL River 174g
GL River 162g
GL River 170g
GL River 165g
GL River 176g
GL "Skullboy" River 173g(Yes, I have a "thing" for GL Rivers)
GL Striker 170g I just have never goten a good feel for this disc and rarely ever throw it in a round that counts for anything.
GL Vision 172g I get good distance out of this disc but for some reason always seem to reach back in the bag for a River. I do use this disc for tomahawks sometimes.
GL Flow 172g I love this disc for a sweet thumber. My thumbers with a flow only have about 5-10' of lateral movement, they flip over and hold a very nice straight line.
GL Saint 167g Starting to get a good feel for this disc. I throw it about as far as my light Rivers, 320'ish max. I know I need to work on technique more but I reall like the flight with a nice slight fade at the end.
4X JK Pro Valkyrie 170g (Flat as a board, delicious) This disc always seems to look like it is going farther than it really does. This is a disc that I know I will "grow into" one day when my form improves.

Mids:
GL Fuse 170g Slight understable.
GL Pain 178g Flies like a wasp for me.
GL Pain 169g Ditto, just starts to fade a touch earlier
GL Core Flat 176g Straight with a very very slight fade at the end.
GL Core Domey 171g Starts straight, ends straight, glides forever.
ESP "Vader" Buzzz 176g Lone Buzzz holdover.
Cryztal Sparkle Zone (Yes Mark, I love this disc) Hard left fade.
Westside Warship TP 178g Stalkerish, longer than my buzzz or fuse/core combo. Tends to be understable if I really power it.

Putters:

SSS Wizard Beat in, love it.
Opto Pure 175 Driving putter and approach putter.
TM Pure New. Honestly, I have never thrown it. I keep it here in the bag in case I am having a really crappy round and want to just give it a try. Haven't found the time to do it yet.

Sorry jb; I just have to post on here again about how you don't have quite enough Latitude 64 in your bag yet ;)

Nothing I can really help you with that you don't already know.

Just gave a River a shot today! I love it! There was a 365 foot hole that was a narrow tunnel for ~320 ft then it opened up and the hole was on the right. I threw my river and it went straight through the tunnel and turn right after it opened up, it hit the chains... I freaked out. Insta-bagged. River ILY

I honestly don't have enough knowledge of Lat 64 to help. But how do you like your Pure's??? I've been debating on getting one. I own a GL River though and love it, so I understand why you have so many Haha.

I am not as thrilled with the opto Pure as a lot of people are. I'm not saying it's not a great disc just that my gl core feels just as good from 75'-125' out, and my wizard is my go to short putter. so it is a tossup. It's not going anywhere though.

So, did I do something wrong or does no one critique Lat-based bags? :confused: Does nobody like me? All that therapy down the toilet.......:(

So, did I do something wrong or does no one critique Lat-based bags? :confused: Does nobody like me? All that therapy down the toilet.......:(

You did nothing wrong, your bag looks great. And like Todd said, you only need more Lat64 discs...;)

Send the Valk to me is your first step. Ditch the striker. Get rid of all you mids except the Buzzz. By more Buzzz. Take out 2-3 Rivers, the saint, and the Vision. Do some field practice with saint and vision figure out which one you like more. Replace Saint, or Vision. Just my .02. I suck though and have no clue what I'm talking about...

you were nice and friendly to me at the Elk Creek Classic. I refuse to blame your disc selection on the 41 strokes I beat you by in the 3 rounds we played in that event. Lets just blame it one inexperience.

Is that better? Be careful what you wish for.

lol Nice. Chris. I think. I would hate for you to see where I was a year ago. =-) You playing any of the BRAWL Series?

What do you throw in the wind? I feel like xxx/trident would be a nice overstable/headwind driver, and I love the pain as a headwind mid (and my go to mid if I'm not in the woods).

your buzz, warship and core, would surely have overlap for me.
i dont think you should even be throwing a flow with the distances your throwing. you could prob pick up a star tbird with the same result but maybe be able to back hand it efficiently.
two disc for overhand seems a bit much. i know some people llike OS for thumbs and US for tomy but i have identical results with OS for both.
i think the vision and valk should be similar for you too, id stick with a valk.
lastly i feel the striker would be a more stable addition to your rivers compared to the saint, and think that would be wise to carry over the saint considering your love of the river.
saint-max d
valk-turnover
river
Tbird-headwind river, OH
fuse, core, pain
wizard- it does it all but sure keep the pure too
its simple, your covered what else could you want

your buzz, warship and core, would surely have overlap for me. I get more distance from my warship, core is straighter. Buzzz is in the bag but almost never thrown.
i dont think you should even be throwing a flow with the distances your throwing. you could prob pick up a star tbird with the same result but maybe be able to back hand it efficiently. I only throw my flow for thumbers and tomahawks. They hold a very tight line for me.
two disc for overhand seems a bit much. i know some people like OS for thumbs and US for tomy but i have identical results with OS for both. Yeah, you're right.
i think the vision and valk should be similar for you too, id stick with a valk.
lastly i feel the striker would be a more stable addition to your rivers compared to the saint, and think that would be wise to carry over the saint considering your love of the river.
saint-max d
valk-turnover
river
Tbird-headwind river, OH
fuse, core, pain
wizard- it does it all but sure keep the pure too
its simple, your covered what else could you want

Thanks Jake!