• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bang for buck temp basket?

best ones are the ones you can borrow for the day. find a league or club somewhere near by and invite them to join the event and bring basket(s)

If you are planning on getting permanent baskets eventually the cheap Costco baskets are only 70$ each and catch pretty well once you add a second set of chains. (Still feel pretty cheap tho) That way you can save more $ for the "real" baskets or buy 3 for a little over 200 and get your 9 holes.

I'll second the value of the Costco baskets, if you can find them for $70, with a second set of chains.
Our club uses these for our annual Ace Race.
We bought a bunch used from a Boy Scout Camp, a few years back, and they are more than adequate for temp use. I would not leave them out in the weather full time. They're just not made to use as permanent baskets.

I will third the Costco basket with the added row of chains. The only problem I have had with mine so far is one of the welds on the chain holder bits snapped off the outside ring. It still works fine, I try to put that strand towards the back. Someday I'll get around to welding it back down. Do we want to do pictures of second row of chains attachment solutions? (Is that already covered in a thread somewhere?)

I also have an M14. I added an extra row of chains to it but ended up taking them off because it made it catch worse. Overall a pretty good basket, not too much more expensive than the costco one once you add the cost of the extra chains. No way to lock it together in the middle though, which might be bad for semi-permanent outdoor installation. If I could only have one of the two, this would be the one.

Question while we're on the subject of the Costco baskets... What do you guys do about the little plastic flag holder doodad at the top? Obviously, I've never put the silly flag in, one hit on that plastic twig and bye bye... I'm talking about the little round piece that protects thee discs from hitting the sharp metal edge at the top of the post. I mostly use this basket for indoor putting practice and that piece goes flying out at least a couple of times a week. I'm thinking about gluing it in, any reason that's a bad idea?

Dynamic disc recruit 199.99 shipped. It has 26 chains so nothing needs to be added, it catches better than alot of permanent baskets. It's sturdy as well.

I will also agree on the Costco basket. I had to google what that one looked like and found out that the basket I practice putting on actually is a Costco basket! It was given to me so I had no idea. If you want to improve it, then add Horizontal Chains like the Discmania Lite basket. That's what I did to my Costco basket and it'll catch a drive from 400'. I know because I did it yesterday while doing some field work with drivers. The Horizontal Chains keep the light vertical chains from separating to much and spitting your disc through. The key is to put the horizontal chains in the correct spot. Cost me about $10-$15 bucks and works like a champ! Paint your chains to keep them from rusting out though. I did this and leave my basket outside year round with no change.

Our Costco does not have baskets.

Dynamic baskets look good and Innova has a basket for the same price.

We have 6 permanent baskets but no room for 3 more on a permanent basis.

I'm a huge Innova fan, but the discatcher sport has less chain and not as solidly built. Search dd's recruit on youtube. There's a good video that showcases how good it is. My bro has one. It's awesome and the best bang for the buck. Imo.

I found this one on ebay. It comes with two sets of chains. If you don't have a Costco close that sells baskets then this is what I suggest.
basket.jpg

customer service generally will get items shipped in from another region for you specially if you were looking to buy 3 of them.

What we commonly call "Costco Baskets" are actually In-Step baskets and can be found easily on the internets.

What we commonly call "Costco Baskets" are actually In-Step baskets and can be found easily on the internets.
I recently bought some instep baskets off eBay and the ones Costco is selling are different A little cheaper ( quality and price ) and come with 6 terrible discs instead of 3.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 33
I found this one on ebay. It comes with two sets of chains. If you don't have a Costco close that sells baskets then this is what I suggest.
View attachment 53774

.. does anyone have experience with both this Ebay one and the InStep model to compare? I can add a second row of chains without a problem to the InStep if it is a 'better' overall basket and $20 cheaper ...

Costco basket is not an option, once you add the $55 membership fee and the distance I am from one ...

Thanks!!

I have both. The Instep has no "nubs" around the rim. I haven't had the other very long, but I am very impressed so far. I have it in my yard as well as an Innova Sport. I putt back and forth from one to the other. I like them both way better than Instep. I cannot pass judgement on how long they will last at this point, but I will definitely buy more Costco type baskets before I buy more Insteps.

Latest posts