• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banned from a private course resulting from a review on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menacewarf

Double Eagle Member
This happened to a buddy of mine recently on this site involving a fairly well known course in the Northeast. The profanity laced PM rant announcing that he wasn't welcome back and repeatedly calling him a moron and other things is as jarring as at is funny in a derranged way. My bud didnt quite know how to respond so he simply didn't. But now that it's marinated for about a week in my mind I thought I would bring it up for discussion.

Obviously the owner has the right to do this as it's his course but this seems like an extreme turn to the dynamics that play out on this site. The funny thing is that the rating which inspired this was a "good".

Anyone else have any similar stories?

If you can be banned for life for stiffing him $5, why can't he ban you for a profanity laced review of his personal property?

Well was it a situation where the course was not on this site and he added it? IF so that would be the reasonw why. Some people do not random jack a$$es showing up and sneaking onto their property. The more attention that comes the more people come. Look at flyboy aviation which was a "private" course that turned into someones life and they took it off this site because of that.

Well was it a situation where the course was not on this site and he added it? IF so that would be the reasonw why. Some people do not random jack a$$es showing up and sneaking onto their property. The more attention that comes the more people come. Look at flyboy aviation which was a "private" course that turned into someones life and they took it off this site because of that.

That is not why Flyboy was taken off, It did happen at Dixie Landing in WV.

That is not why Flyboy was taken off, It did happen at Dixie Landing in WV.

That actually is pretty much why FBA was taken off, lol :)

Just didn't have time for all the traffic the site brought it.

Hyzer Creek...I played there. Cool course, but I have never seen so much broken glass and litter on a course in my life.

And yes, any private course owner can keep you off his property for any reason whatsoever. Even if they don't like the clothes you wear.

If you can be banned for life for stiffing him $5, why can't he ban you for a profanity laced review of his personal property?

It sounded like it was the PM back to the reviewer from the course owner that was profanity-laced, at least that's how I read it.

I've been miffed at some unfavorable reviews of some of my local courses to the point of wondering if they actually played the course, or just had a crappy round. I think we all tend to have local bias, but we appreciate our courses more than just some guy passing through that played it once,had a navigation issue, and bashed it in a review.

Their land their rules. If it were my land and someone was talking junk i'd prolly boot them too. Wouldnt you?

didn't the owner post on the pDGA board back when people actually went there? seemed like a fairly unstable fellow but i figured that was his internet persona.

Lame. take the criticism like a big boy. a true 5* course would never get a review like that. look at Flyboy.

didn't the owner post on the pDGA board back when people actually went there? seemed like a fairly unstable fellow but i figured that was his internet persona.

Which owner are you talking about, Hyzer Creek?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.