• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Banshee plastic differences

It's too bad that he has such a stranglehold on the market. I love watching his douchebag expressions when handling interviews.

So I don't want to start speculation but has anyone noticed new run Champ Banshees have a kind of plus rim? The DX's don't.

From the first page of the thread:

I think every Champ Banshee with flight numbers I've seen has had a plus rim to it and been in opaque plastic. I don't know how they fly but I don't like their feel at all..

Banshees that are coming out today are new old stock. A lot of them are the same thing as the pfn ones and others are plus mold.

Most champ Banshees I see nowadays are plussy.

Finding nice Banshees is only a problem if you want max weight. The nice flat ones are easily available as long as you like sub 170g. There are nice max weight DX Banshees out there without the plus rim as Streets said.

I just got a flag dyed clear 172g Champ Banshee from Gotta Go Gotta Throw that was fairly flat and does not have a plus rim. They had just listed it so I assume it's new/old stock. Anyway, feels and flies great. Should get my Echo Star today.

FD2 uses a banshee wing and comes in JL as standard :) Give it a shot!

My friend found a DX Banshee once, when we first started. Threw the crap outta that thing.

we need to get an updated parts/molds list for discmania.

I didn't know the FD2 used the banshee bottom, that's awesome!

was there ever confirmation as to what the FD was made of? I've heard leopard bottom and archangel before...

we need to get an updated parts/molds list for discmania.

I didn't know the FD2 used the banshee bottom, that's awesome!

was there ever confirmation as to what the FD was made of? I've heard leopard bottom and archangel before...

fD is made of god bottom and jesus top. But for real...

FD2 is amazing :) you can some x out JL's on the DM store for like 11 bucks!

I'm also curious about what people think of the Gstar banshees available at the pro shop and how they compare to the champ banshees.

I am also curious about this, especially if they are flat or domey. :|

I am also curious about this, especially if they are flat or domey. :|

Woke up in the middle of the night, why not DGCR.

BroD what's up stranger. The Gstars I've encountered weren't FAF or anything but I haven't touched a domey one. They fly eerily similar to "ole trusty" right out the gate. Definitely grab one and make your own conclusion but they're slept on! Don't have time to beat up a new Champ again? Boom. Great in colder weather as well of course, or when you want more hit and stick than skipping in the warmer weather.

Woke up in the middle of the night, why not DGCR.

BroD what's up stranger. The Gstars I've encountered weren't FAF or anything but I haven't touched a domey one. They fly eerily similar to "ole trusty" right out the gate. Definitely grab one and make your own conclusion but they're slept on! Don't have time to beat up a new Champ again? Boom. Great in colder weather as well of course, or when you want more hit and stick than skipping in the warmer weather.

Thanks brudder. I might snag one since I'm thinking about getting a "phantom sword" and don't want to pay $8 shipping for one disc.

Dunno if there has been a new run or just old stock sitting around, but a few years ago they released gstar eagle X's, L's, and banshees. I was super stoked for all three and equally disappointed in all three. All too domey for my preferences.

Any real reason to throw a Banshee over a FB? This is coming from a guy who bags FDs and teebs, I have no problem with that speed 7 wing.

I have always just found a sexton or like, domey star FB in about 167g to just completely outperform Banshees I have tried in practically every respect.

^Facts. They're also nice for reliable overstability without too much bite. A misjudged Banshee straight to fade isn't as punishing as the same throw with a Firebird - the latter will end up much more off line. If you're a speed/rim width purist think of it as a Teebird OS.