• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Banshee replacement??

Or the OLF for those that hate the anhyzer top;)

ohhh good call i forgot about those i havent thrown one in at least 5 years

i got some old zippertops somewhere

whatever the significance of those were again

great mold tho

I say Drop both the Banshee and Eagle for the Stalker, a mold that is like beetween an Eagle X and L mold thanks to the disc being like a L mold with a small bead. Also the Stalker has the low dome that I liked because the Flat top was not the right disc too much like a Banshee. However due to all the variance in the Eagle I never used the mold. Stalker flies the way an old ESP XL flew but without the end flight hook on the fade.

(Firebird is too OS, Eagle too much turn, Teebird too straight for flex shots).

I threw Banshees and Resistors for years. At my noodle arm distance, Resistor is the closest substitute to a Banshee I have found. Pretty much identical flight.

Reaper was a great disc. Even liked the X ones, they beat in well and essentially become Teebirds, then you could have the Z ones that stayed beefy but felt the same. One of the few Discraft discs I seriously clicked with.

Not to derail the thread, but I'd love to know where Tridents are available at the moment!

Tridents were my original love, and once they went OOP, Banshees took their place for awhile. The Banshee rim bothered me more and more though, so I've now switched to the Resistor, and it's 100% perfect for me. The Spark I tried (post-Feldberg I assume) wasn't OS enough.

https://infinitediscs.com/Latitude-64-Trident

https://infinitediscs.com/Latitude-64-Trident/Metallic-Opto

Edit: lands at the same place... I'm leaving both, anyway...

Last edited:
I have a decent stack of new Elite-Z Reapers. Hoping Paul will bring the mold back and they will be worth something.

Back on topic, I don't think the old PFN Champ Banshees are too rare. I bet you could find a few more backups to last you a while if you do some digging.

I'm a LHFH player as well. I chose a Lat 64 XXX over the Banshee for fairway and approach shots. Great for flex shots and when I need more stability over the Thunderbird. Sometimes when I have a long jump putt (or long death putt) I'll throw the XXX on a higher FH floating flex shot which if it doesn't go in will land close to the basket. I use the DD Justice for the same type of shots for approach distances. These two discs are clean release discs. Some discs have very concave rims which dig into your middle finger on a FH grip then rake against the inside of that finger on release. Not good.

So I also was on the Speed 7(ish) OS slot. After some research and recommendations I picked up a Spark and a XXX. I tried both. I liked both. Here's my take .
SPARK:
I grabbed a goldline. immediately it felt like a sexton FB or a Teebird3...infact that's how I'll describe it, a mix between those 2. But the glide was fairly low. I rate it 7/3.5/-0.5/3 - which I think is about right...it barely had ANY turn but not a meathook at all. Like a Teebird3 that has even lower glide and a dumpier fade. It was decent and feels great in the hand. Like a Sexton FB with less harsh fade. 8/3/0/3 --- 7/4/0/2.5 - also reasonable flight #'s I would consider calling it.

XXX
Felt great, actually is a wider disc and thicker rim even though it doesn't feel OR fly like it. I would give it 8/3/04 or 7/3/0/3.5 - it is pretty OS and more than I thought it would be, but in goldline plastic it will work in eventually. A really beat XXX would be sweet - which is what a Spark kinda is. So they are both good discs for that OS fairway (that's not a Firebird) slot

Spark feels more like a speed 7 sexton FB and the xxx is like a fat eagle X feel and flies more OS than a Spark

So I also was on the Speed 7(ish) OS slot. After some research and recommendations I picked up a Spark and a XXX. I tried both. I liked both. Here's my take .
SPARK:
I grabbed a goldline. immediately it felt like a sexton FB or a Teebird3...infact that's how I'll describe it, a mix between those 2. But the glide was fairly low. I rate it 7/3.5/-0.5/3 - which I think is about right...it barely had ANY turn but not a meathook at all. Like a Teebird3 that has even lower glide and a dumpier fade. It was decent and feels great in the hand. Like a Sexton FB with less harsh fade. 8/3/0/3 --- 7/4/0/2.5 - also reasonable flight #'s I would consider calling it.

XXX
Felt great, actually is a wider disc and thicker rim even though it doesn't feel OR fly like it. I would give it 8/3/04 or 7/3/0/3.5 - it is pretty OS and more than I thought it would be, but in goldline plastic it will work in eventually. A really beat XXX would be sweet - which is what a Spark kinda is. So they are both good discs for that OS fairway (that's not a Firebird) slot

Spark feels more like a speed 7 sexton FB and the xxx is like a fat eagle X feel and flies more OS than a Spark

i think if xxx came out as a speed 9 instead of the 7/8 mix it would have really rivaled the firebird but its too close as a banshee replacement that people over looked it

also semi related the new star teebirds have had so much beef if i didnt see the stamp i woulda thought it was a banshee

also semi related the new star teebirds have had so much beef if i didnt see the stamp i woulda thought it was a banshee

So I wasnt crazy on Friday when my Teebird was fading harder than my damn Eagle. I thought my arm was just broken...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe try a discmania FD2, especially the original tooling. Maybe even an FD3, but those are 9 speed, so they may be a bit too wide. FYI, even though a PD is 10 speed, its rim is still only 1.9cm wide, which is typical for 9 speeds. The 13th run (pretty recent run, first embossed run) of PDs are nice and OS, so they should be pretty banshee like.

they are like a mini destroyer lol

That is due to discs that Innova makes OS for fairway driver on up falling into 3 catagories right now, Destroyer-Wraith/Xcaliber, Orc, or Thunderbird/Teebird. This is for anything more OS then a standard Eagle flight and even some of those end up almost like a Teebird. It seems Innova's Dave is happy with OS driver /fairway driver discs falling into these categories unless it is the Ape then it is just a mega OS disc or a Viper its own thing almost midrange like.