• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

I really like the VIP, the top on those is consistently very flat so I am use it for most kid duties without having to have a more OS disc as well.

Basically the VIP is for me like a perfect USDGC Champ Roc. Ideal slightly OS mid that can be your workhorse.

TP is really good too, you can beat it up more quickly and it gains some turn(though not a lot). I for. Love how some have higher shoulders and some have dome though.

Both are probably a tic slower and shorter than the EMac Truth but it's more useful for me personally.

How does everyone else use the Bard?

It's my main workhorse midrange that I will throw on most shots from 275-340. I have one that is lighter and straight to a moderate fade and one that is slightly more OS that is max weight.

But I have heard some people put it in a Gator/Drone type slot as well.

How do you guys use this awesome disc?

Bookend OS Roc for me. Replaced Z Wasps which I'd used for that role for a couple years. I use a Zone or Firebird for the very OS duties.

I would love to use it as my main mid, unfortunately I can't get a hold of the base plastic ones. Right now I complement it with a Warship and Shield.

I used a Bard and megasoft Gauntlet fornthe DD 2-Disc Challenge yesterday. The Bard was purple, 178g Tourney Plastic. Far different than I remember when I first tried the Bard. Really a great disc!

Sadly,9 holes in, I doinked it off a tree and into the fast moving, deep creek...and from then on it was a one disc challenge :(

I'll never give up Rocs, just been using them too long, but if I did,this or the Wasp would be the best replacement.

I would love to use it as my main mid, unfortunately I can't get a hold of the base plastic ones. Right now I complement it with a Warship and Shield.

I was thinking the same thing but while waiting and hoping for BT Bards my 172g TP Bard is beating in nicely. It can easily hold an anny line by now. The only thing I can't use it for are straight narrow downhill throws. It still fades too much for that. An opto compass does that nicely though and pairs great with the Bard.

Bard is a disc a I have total confidence in - I throw a heavy VIP, and for approcahes, is is just so predictable. I use it as an OS mid, and it gets used more than my other mids combined.

I've been struggling to find good Verdicts that would offer any real added stability compared to my Truths. The Bard has been one of the potential replacement candidates, but the bead has kept it on the store shelf.

This weekend, however, I got to the point where I just had to try something else and bought myself a 177g TP Bard. I've only thrown it some 10-20 times, but immediately I could see that it was more OS than any of the ~7 Verdicts that I've tried. Stability-wise it was exactly what I was looking for, straight with a strong fade, nice long flex shots and hyzers that eventually spike into the ground. :clap:

What comes to the bead, I think I can live with it on BH but for the FH it did feel awkward. I'll have play around with it a bit to see if I can get used to it or not. The bead is really big, but somehow the shape of the wing makes it feel better in the hand than the Mace which is just unthrowable for me. For FH though the beadless and slimmer shape of Verdict is much nicer so I will still be on the lookout for good Verdicts should I ever find one again.

I got my creek Bard back!

Awesome! Feels good to get back the good ones.

I just trades for a purple one that looks really nice can't wait to throw it later.

What comes to the bead, I think I can live with it on BH but for the FH it did feel awkward. I'll have play around with it a bit to see if I can get used to it or not. The bead is really big, but somehow the shape of the wing makes it feel better in the hand than the Mace which is just unthrowable for me. For FH though the beadless and slimmer shape of Verdict is much nicer so I will still be on the lookout for good Verdicts should I ever find one again.

Spark.

Added deco dye Bard to the bag. Loving it for shots where I want more fade than what my Verdict gives. Still waiting on them bt's though.

Heh, that is actually exactly what I use today for the shorter FH shots that need strong fade.

Verdict on the other hand offered me pretty straight FH shots when flexed just a bit. Definitely not something that Spark would do easily. I think I will give Truth a go for those shots as it feels so similar.

Such a difference to me between the tp and vip bard. My vip is considerablely more stable like a different disc. My tp is straight to a nice fade, but it will turn some and the fade isn't as strong as my vip. With my current bag I only have room for one and I'm still on the fence. They are both fun and great discs. Ahhhhh

Such a difference to me between the tp and vip bard. My vip is considerablely more stable like a different disc. My tp is straight to a nice fade, but it will turn some and the fade isn't as strong as my vip. With my current bag I only have room for one and I'm still on the fence. They are both fun and great discs. Ahhhhh

Grab a light weight VIP for the perfect balance.

I have a 166g VIP that I can rip 100% with confidence and I can coax a lot more flight out of it than my 180g VIP

Grab a light weight VIP for the perfect balance.

I have a 166g VIP that I can rip 100% with confidence and I can coax a lot more flight out of it than my 180g VIP

My vip is 167. My tp is 179. Still a huge gap between the two. I'm thinking that the tp while less stable and not exactly the spot I thought it was gonna fit it does. But I'm also now bagging harps so maybe the need for the beefier vip is going away. Still torn.

My TP is 177g and it is laughing at winds, so I have absolutely no need for even more beef at the moment. I'll have to see how it beats in though. In any case the Bard seems to be a keeper even with the bead.

Still, I have to say that my ideal disc would have Verdict feel with the Bard stability. Would be so nice if they'd consider the EMAC Verdict idea. :)

I havent thrown the Bard, are you saying that the bard os more stable than the Verdict?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk