• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

for me the bard is definitely more stable than a verdict. especially in vip.

Interesting. Mine are not. My Verdicts are mostly early run, and the ones I'm throwing now are DecoDye that looks like hybrid Fuzion/Lucid.

My Bards are first run, and definitely less HSS with about the same fade as my Verdicts.

Interesting. Mine are not. My Verdicts are mostly early run, and the ones I'm throwing now are DecoDye that looks like hybrid Fuzion/Lucid.

My Bards are first run, and definitely less HSS with about the same fade as my Verdicts.

i believe deco dyes to be the most stable of any discs of the particular mold. this doesn't surprise me vs bards, but new verdicts are not like the verdicts of old. but there are many factors from one thrower to another. so there is that too.

I think it is easier to get a clean release with a Verdict compared to a Bard. Not accusing anyone of an OAT infestation, but that can have some influence.

I think it is easier to get a clean release with a Verdict compared to a Bard. Not accusing anyone of an OAT infestation, but that can have some influence.

Of course it is - the Verdict is magic and also has the best rim ever.

I didn't have much trouble with the Bards rim either although it's deeper and not my favorite.

It's a bummer that new Verdicts are less stable. I'm all for EMAC Verdicts.

both tp i have are slightly concave, i wonder if that is why mine aren't as beefy.
That could really affect it. Mine has the slightest dome and is really beefy.

I havent thrown the Bard, are you saying that the bard os more stable than the Verdict?
With the experience of one Bard and plenty of newer run Verdicts, I would say definitely yes.

Been bagging a vip as my main bard, recently tossed my slightly puddle top tp in the bag as a compliment. Man these two discs are amazing. The tp fades later and less. I can also muster some turn out on my tp bard. These two are the only mids I've been carrying for a few weeks and they are working well. Hopefully the tp will continue to beat in some more. Thanks westside for a fantastic mid!

Any word on when a baseline Bard is coming stateside? Where the last batch of Finnish stamped BT? Any report on how those broke in? Thanks.

I'll be buying 3-5 when they come in. Even my 173 Bard hasn't beat into where it turns much yet. The 180 ones may never flip.

I managed to snipe one of the BT Bards a couple of months ago and I am going to be honest: it was...OK. It started out flying pretty much identical to the Tourneys that I already had, but the wear was really funky. Instead of losing fade, it started get some HS turn and became a really goofy disc. I eventually took it out of the bag because I was never sure how it would fly. Now I happily throwing Ghosts again and I have a BT Bard sitting in my stack of unused plastic.

I managed to snipe one of the BT Bards a couple of months ago and I am going to be honest: it was...OK. It started out flying pretty much identical to the Tourneys that I already had, but the wear was really funky. Instead of losing fade, it started get some HS turn and became a really goofy disc. I eventually took it out of the bag because I was never sure how it would fly. Now I happily throwing Ghosts again and I have a BT Bard sitting in my stack of unused plastic.

Looking to sell it?

A friend of mine picked up a 177 TP Bard, I threw it around a bit and I must say I really like it. It has that oldschool roc-like profile, but the tall shoulder and the small bead makes it feel a lot better in my hand. I have way more confidence in getting a clean release with this disc compared to with a Roc3. Flies super stable, holds up in a slight headwind with my noodle arm. It's a great mid, but it's not making it to my bag, the Verdict feels way better in the hand. The Verdict doesn't hold up as well in a headwind tho

Talked to Feldberg this weekend and he said we should get a run of BT Bards in 2017 for sure. I guess the Fins only made the BT for grocery stores in Finland originally and thats actually how Dave got his! But yeah, he was throwing this beat red BT bard amazingly. Definitely was hitting "roc" lines with it easily.

Talked to Feldberg this weekend and he said we should get a run of BT Bards in 2017 for sure. I guess the Fins only made the BT for grocery stores in Finland originally and thats actually how Dave got his! But yeah, he was throwing this beat red BT bard amazingly. Definitely was hitting "roc" lines with it easily.

I know those things will sell like hotcakes in the states.

Yes they would, I would buy several to pair with my heavy VIP ones. I have just been using a lighter(174) VIP for straighter shots but they don't turn much, just a mellowed fade.

Almost aced twice with my Bards yesterday.