• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Barsby Sig Disc Wild Speculation Thread

In all seriousness, in the past how long did it take for the world champs sig disc to be unveiled? Where will Innova make the official announcement?

Paul won his first worlds in July of 2012 and his first signature disc, the Roc3, wasn't released until October of 2012 as a player pack in UDSGC that year and didn't go into regular production until even later than that.

Just a heads up, the infinite x-outs champ eagle x's are money.

Ive bought 4 now, yellow and blue. They are faf, grippy, opaque, and gummy. they are nothing like 12x's and they feel similar to my 11x's. there is one more yellow and a bunch of green ones with the big X. grab while you can, i just picked up two more. i noticed since barsby's victory, people have been snatching them up.

Shhhhh...you're not supposed to tell people about these.

Ive bought 4 now, yellow and blue. They are faf, grippy, opaque, and gummy. they are nothing like 12x's and they feel similar to my 11x's. there is one more yellow and a bunch of green ones with the big X. grab while you can, i just picked up two more. i noticed since barsby's victory, people have been snatching them up.

I have plenty of those with regular stock stamps. Too overstable for my tastes. I guess that's what people liked about the 11x?

They are Flat And Firm but gummy? How does that work?

Flat CG Champ Eagle L, unless Infinite has that mold on lock now-a-days.

Or more Barsbrunners. 2 notches higher in the speed but otherwise a similar choice. They sure seem to work, eh??

Perhaps he meant Flat As F*ck. I've heard people use this definition for that acronym.

Yeah, that's what I mean when I say it, not firm. I never heard anyone who meant firm until recently.

Although to get the perfect FAF shoulder they really need to be at least medium firm usually.

Or more Barsbrunners. 2 notches higher in the speed but otherwise a similar choice. They sure seem to work, eh??

I love seeing pro players with power smash on those "beginner drivers" and get incredible flights. Honestly Roadrunners would be great in almost any player's bag. But I still think Eagle makes sense for him based on how he uses them so much.

I've always thought the second f was not firm...the first I recall seeing FAF anywhere as a descriptor was on disc golf values, and it was for the original run of flat glow firebirds. They listed them as flat and firm, but I have always taken it more of as a "we can't really say they're flat as f but let's say they're flat and firm instead".

Somebody should email Mark and ask him what they're referred to in the warehouse. I'd bet a dollar it's not flat and firm.

Perhaps he meant Flat As F*ck. I've heard people use this definition for that acronym.

I hear all the eagle talk(there isn't an eagle3 people). It makes good sense since he throws them so well and it's the OG of innova discs, and Gregg is definitely an OG. The roadrunner is a better choice though if you ask me. As mentioned in a recent post, players of all levels can benefit from adding a shot shaping disc like a roadrunner to the bag(which I think the company should target rather than a stable driver). Since it was the tour series disc this year, why not have it be the world champion signature disc?

I think it would be great if they featured it in a glow plastic as well(or all 4!!!! Star, Pro, Champ, DX). Will it be a single plastic type? Signature Paul' destroyers are all star I think? Roc3 all champion?

I don't currently have any roadrunners, I bag L3s and a sidewinder. But if there are some Triple G triple R's in production, one will be in my bag. #GGGRRR

Innova is about selling discs and they would sell the shixt out of flat Barsby 1X Eagles.

Hopefully they see that also, his Roadrunners don't seem to be flying of the shelves at places, unfortunately just not a very popular mold. Eagles on the other hand, they have a bit of a following, mostly people looking for the older ones due to the way they molded up, if that could be reproduced then I believe the quoted post would be a reality.

Eagle is an obvious choice, but for the reason he didn't choose the mold for his tour series disc, I wonder if maybe he will not choose it for his sig - look at the eagles he throws. Innova would have big shoes to fill to make eagles that he would actually like to bag.

Paul's bag on the other hand? A bunch of stuff off the rack at Big5. Nothing wrong with that obviously, just no brainers for big production runs.

My only concern is I have only thrown one newer-ish champ Eagle, it was glideless and dumpy. How common is that?

I mean on paper and seeing the lines he hits the Eagle should be the disc. But do they start off super beefy and that's why he likes old ones?

Whereas the Roadrunner bombs for anyone with a clean throw.

Latest posts