• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Base Plastic Equivalent to Anode

IMO the anode is a very stable disc. it holds up well to high speed throws, and holds the line i put it on. my opinion is biased because i use them, but its the best new addition ive made to my bag. the shape is aviarish, but the way it flies when i throw it isnt.

Just to make it clear. The anode is definitely stable. I use them for putts of all types and approaches. Sometimes i dont like the grip. I will look back into challengers for approaches. I will also look into a beadless aviar. Any other suggestions?

The first thing that popped into my mind was a Warlock, but its been a while since I've thrown one of those, so I may be off there.

In my experience premium plastic putters are more stable than their baseline counterparts. So a beadless aviar might "feel" like an anode, but it wont fly like one.

That's why the responses have been omegas (and my suggestion of a small bead aviar).
Because its a baseline aviar with a bit more stability.

I switched from Anode to Pure for winter grippiness. Both do straight very well, but Pure holds an anny better. Anode needs more spin on putts to hold the same line.

Um, does anyone have any 165-6 Pures they want to trade?

Straight flyers with different feels and plastics: Yeti pro Aviar (soft, concave top), McPro Aviar (very stiff), DX Aviar P&A, P1 Maniac (tweaked/old P&A), Omega, Omega SS (super soft), Magnet (glidey), clutch (very stiff tweaked magnet), Voodoo, Pure (low profile), Spike (even lower and straighter than pure), and many more.

Straight flyers with different feels and plastics: Yeti pro Aviar (soft, concave top), McPro Aviar (very stiff), DX Aviar P&A, P1 Maniac (tweaked/old P&A), Omega, Omega SS (super soft), Magnet (glidey), clutch (very stiff tweaked magnet), Voodoo, Pure (low profile), Spike (even lower and straighter than pure), and many more.

I just got my first Anode, so I'm not positive how to answer this, but I agree that it has some similarities to the Yeti-pro Aviar.

This soft Anode I got is slightly puddle-topped, like the Yeti, and is a bit more stable than the standard Aviar, also like the yeti. Similar rim depth, but not feel, really.

I used to putt with the Yeti, and still throw it from time to time, but I'm getting more and more Ion/Anode-centric in my putter game.

I switched from Anode to Pure for winter grippiness. Both do straight very well, but Pure holds an anny better. Anode needs more spin on putts to hold the same line.

Um, does anyone have any 165-6 Pures they want to trade?

Hmm I have not looked into a pure yet. I use a soft anode as well. May just look into a pure.

I use both a DX Aviar P&A, and an Anode. They feel similar in my hand. Anode is really good for windy days, I use it for most putts. Aviar is easier to control uphill, downhill, or for lob putts. I'll also switch to the Aviar if my arm starts to feel tired. The Anode is at it best when I can generate a lot of spin on it.

I use anodes when it's warm and sss warlocks in the winter they feel and throw identical but the warlocks have a bit less glide

I use both a DX Aviar P&A, and an Anode. They feel similar in my hand. Anode is really good for windy days, I use it for most putts. Aviar is easier to control uphill, downhill, or for lob putts. I'll also switch to the Aviar if my arm starts to feel tired. The Anode is at it best when I can generate a lot of spin on it.

Do you use the Aviar as an approach disc sometimes?

Though I haven't thrown one, it sounds like the MCpro aviar is what you might be after. I would also say vibrams sole might fit your need if you're into vibram.

To my hands the closest thing to the feel of an anode is a warlock. It's what I was going to switch to before I found out about the anode.
Imo aviars don't feel the same in the hand as an anode or warlock. Those two just fit my hand better. Ymmv though.

To my hands the closest thing to the feel of an anode is a warlock. It's what I was going to switch to before I found out about the anode.
Imo aviars don't feel the same in the hand as an anode or warlock. Those two just fit my hand better. Ymmv though.

What stiffness is your warlock Rogue?