• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket at Costco...

I think you have three GREAT submissions for the "what disc is this?" thread. I'm curious.

The InStep baskets hold up pretty well. They're pretty versatile, portable, and, with an extra set of chains, do a decent job grabbing discs.

someone saw a basket here in a thrift store recently

What the hell?!? I always look through the sporting goods sections at thrift stores hoping someones parents or grandparents decided to donate their "frisbees". :p

This looks like a helluva good deal. Can I just walk into a Costco and buy it w/o being a member? Someone once told me I could go in and buy beer there but had to be a member to get most other stuff.

I think you have three GREAT submissions for the "what disc is this?" thread. I'm curious.

Yeah...gonna wipe the stamps and throw them up on that thread next april 1st. If nothing else they will make tremendous lake/hazard discs

I got two of the In-Step baskets for the camp I work at. I actually like the putters, I think they fly very similar to an Aviar. Couldn't do anything with the other 2 but use them as plates.

At the lakewood CA costco they are with all the outdoor/summer sports and toys. Was right by the $1k redwood mega playground.

You should just call your local costco first...otherwise you'll just be wandering around in the costco labyrinth.

And from experience (spent this morning trying to find them) the people who work there generally won't be that savvy about them. item # is KEY

Last edited:
Here she be:

img20110613202503.jpg

Putter that came with it taco'ed on 2nd shot and had a huge bend in edge...lol. It bent right back to it's semi-true orig condition tho. I know what you're thinking: "easy, turbo" but it was a low velocity basket impact from 25 ft out.

Oh yeah...caught ok, seems low to medium sturdy
For the low $, I am happy

Couple quick questions for ya guys on these...

Are the chains of decent quality?
What about the metal basket, base, and top? Cheap welds like Innova Sport?

Just wondering cause I'm building homemade baskets and 18-24 sets of chains per basket is running me near $40 (little under $1 per foot) alone for the decent stuff. For $65 new, it's almost better to get these instead.