• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket at Costco...

Can I just walk into a Costco and buy it w/o being a member? Someone once told me I could go in and buy beer there but had to be a member to get most other stuff.

Costco has a seperate place that sells liquor/beer, there you do not have to be a member, but to buy something at the register, they will ask for your membership card. sorry for being Captain Obvious to some :(

Costco has a seperate place that sells liquor/beer, there you do not have to be a member, but to buy something at the register, they will ask for your membership card. sorry for being Captain Obvious to some :(

From what I understand, if you have a Costco gift card you don't have to be a member. So find a buddy with a membership (me) :)

Give him 100+ dollars to buy you a gift card with that you know your gonna use, and save the yearly membership fee.

I have an Instep that I got six or so years ago, and when I got it I added an extra set of inner chains in between every outer chain. The basket has held up well. I had one weld break on the base during moving the basket a few years ago, fixed it and it is still great. Not to brag, but with 14 outer and 14 inner chains it catches anything thrown within the city limits. Spit outs are maybe 1 out of 200 and blow throughs never happen. I had to give $75 for mine and about another $45 for the chains and the dude to weld it. It was and still is a great deal for the money. Without the inner chains though, you will likely be a little disappointed.

I have an instep basket. I re-attached every other chain to the inside ring at the top and it catches much better without the high shot spit outs I was getting before the modification. If you don't want to add extra chains, this is a good option. I won't add them now. It's working fine for me.

Here she be:

img20110613202503.jpg

Putter that came with it taco'ed on 2nd shot and had a huge bend in edge...lol. It bent right back to it's semi-true orig condition tho. I know what you're thinking: "easy, turbo" but it was a low velocity basket impact from 25 ft out.

from this pic it looks a little better, IMO, than an instep. I feel that the chains hanging from the instep are a little more "stout", and this one's isn't. maybe the photo is playing tricks on me, who knows. I like the green tho

Gotta quit coming in this thread. The two Costcos in Charlotte don't carry it, and I'm just getting jealous now.

Gotta quit coming in this thread. The two Costcos in Charlotte don't carry it, and I'm just getting jealous now.

The people that found these at Cosco, where do you live?

Can't you just give them the item number and have them ship it from a store or warehouse that does have them? If one store carries it, then the entire chain can GET the item. It's a wholesale Wal-Mart, same company essentially. But, I don't see why if the chain sells item, why they can't have the item number sent to the store of your choosing like Wal-Mart.

Got mine yesterday at the Irvine, CA Costco, $64.99. Ending up at $70 and change after tax (8.75%), it's a savings of around $30 when you figure in shipping from online retailers. This location started with a stock of 10 and there were 7 remaining after my purchase.

Got mine yesterday at the Irvine, CA Costco, $64.99. Ending up at $70 and change after tax (8.75%), it's a savings of around $30 when you figure in shipping from online retailers. This location started with a stock of 10 and there were 7 remaining after my purchase.

Can you look at the box or register receipt and get the UPC code or a Costco Item#?
PM'd also.
Thanks.
The reason I'm asking is that I should be able to go to a Costco manager and get one ordered if I know the UPC code and/or the Item#.

Last edited:
I have an Instep that I got six or so years ago, and when I got it I added an extra set of inner chains in between every outer chain. The basket has held up well. I had one weld break on the base during moving the basket a few years ago, fixed it and it is still great. Not to brag, but with 14 outer and 14 inner chains it catches anything thrown within the city limits. Spit outs are maybe 1 out of 200 and blow throughs never happen. I had to give $75 for mine and about another $45 for the chains and the dude to weld it. It was and still is a great deal for the money. Without the inner chains though, you will likely be a little disappointed.

I have the same setup and frankly I hate it. It catches so well that you get over confident and then go out to the real course and suck eggs because everything flies out.

I wouldn't add the 2nd layer, it may be frustrating with the blow throughs and chain-outs but trust me, your game will thank you.

I also used zip ties to cinch my chains up and in about 2 links, gives a smaller catching area because stock is obscenely large.

for what it's worth, the girl that I talked to when I called to check for availability told me that the basket sets had only been on the floor for 3 days, and it looks as though everyone that has posted about them has been on the left coast, so these sets may be in the back of trucks heading eastbound as we speak.. err, type and read...

Can you look at the box or register receipt and get the UPC code or a Costco Item#?
PM'd also.
Thanks.
The reason I'm asking is that I should be able to go to a Costco manager and get one ordered if I know the UPC code and/or the Item#.

I put the item# in this thread at least twice

Will try to get upc but threw box away

from this pic it looks a little better, IMO, than an instep. I feel that the chains hanging from the instep are a little more "stout", and this one's isn't. maybe the photo is playing tricks on me, who knows. I like the green tho

It is kind of day glo yellow...it doesn't look very green in sunlight.

Latest posts