• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Flags

De Hermit

Par Member
My home course has a few blind baskets due to changes in elevation, and would benefit from having some flags to indicate their location. Any suggestions on how to rig a flag to a Chainstar?

I used pipe clamps to attach a bike flag to two my baskets works pretty well.

Agreed with the pipe clamps. I have a flag on my practice basket with a pipe clamp that secures it, has worked really well, even when it was hit by a falling tree limb from a storm.

I bought these for my Mach III's. Not sure if they would work on the Chainstars....should if pipe is same, or close, diameter.

http://www.directhitgolfflags.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PN3020

What do you think of those flags? I put a set on my course in Sedalia, MO and don't think much of them. The different speed indicators don't seem to be very useful and the plastic mount allows the flag mount to lean with the wind way too much. Several have broken in strong wind too. I am considering trying to find a way to strengthen the mount so it will stay straight up and buy a replacement set of solid flags rather than the speed indicators. They offer solid numbered flags for less than $10 a piece that will work with their mounting systems.

i do not like the flags on the basket at all. the strength indicators dont work well. they make a course look gaudy.

As stated above, and quite ironically, I have also found that the wind strength indicator flags do not hold up in the wind.