• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket question

Duke CT

Hi all,

I'm in the process of developing a course in CT. Has anyone played a course with Disc Nation Liberty baskets? They are much less expensive but I do not want to get what I'm paying for if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance! Keep rattlin' them chains!

Hey Duke CT,

Am also a Nutmegger (live in CT - Stafford; where are you?) and have played on Liberty baskets when they were at PCC up in MA. They're "OK". Yes, for the price they're great but sound a little tinny, don't quite catch like the better baskets (I'm guessing because of the thinner gauged chains) and only (I think) come in portables - so no permanent pin placements w/o some work. Depending on where / what purpose your course is for, I'd - without knowing all the details - would save up for at least DB-5 quality-amount baskets (~$225per).

Karl
Ps: what town is your course intended for?

They're great for a private course that doesn't get a ton of traffic, but I wouldn't put them on a heavily used course or one where the general public might see and steal them.

Hi all,

I'm in the process of developing a course in CT. Has anyone played a course with Disc Nation Liberty baskets? They are much less expensive but I do not want to get what I'm paying for if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance! Keep rattlin' them chains!
That's typically not how things work in a free market.

I just got 18 Liberty's for my private course a few months ago. They do have install ground sleeves for them, and number plates. IMO they catch as well as any other top level basket out there. My only concern is the powder coat holding up, but that can be managed.

Latest posts