• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets stolen at new Kentucky course

Wonder if planning meeting minutes are available to locals or even online. Cross reference those who vehemently opposed the course to begin with against their street addresses.

I just spent a few minutes trying to find anything like that to no avail. Meeting minutes are available for the county planning commission, but none from 2022 and 2021 have discussed either Devou or disc golf when I ctrl+f'd for them.

I'm going to put forth what may be an unpopular view, but one that a professional designer needs to adopt.

Since my client would have been the city, I would have pointed out that (from what I understand) this spot was already being used productively to fulfill the park department's mission. At least part of the course's footprint didn't need a disc golf course to become a valued asset to park users.

I would have suggested they put the course somewhere else. Perhaps just a few holes shifted a little, perhaps the whole thing in another park or even on other unused city-owned land.

From the client's point of view, the question is not: Where is the land that will make the best disc golf course? The question is: Where is the land that would provide the biggest net increase in value (to all residents) by having a disc golf course?

However, the vandal should still be prosecuted.

I'm going to put forth what may be an unpopular view, but one that a professional designer needs to adopt.

Since my client would have been the city, I would have pointed out that (from what I understand) this spot was already being used productively to fulfill the park department's mission. At least part of the course's footprint didn't need a disc golf course to become a valued asset to park users.

I would have suggested they put the course somewhere else. Perhaps just a few holes shifted a little, perhaps the whole thing in another park or even on other unused city-owned land.

From the client's point of view, the question is not: Where is the land that will make the best disc golf course? The question is: Where is the land that would provide the biggest net increase in value (to all residents) by having a disc golf course?

However, the vandal should still be prosecuted.

Sadly, you are probably right. Anyone who has spent much time pitching and presenting courses to parks and municipalities understands. First, just because a park can logistically house a nice course, it doesn't always mean it should. Secondly, sometimes it is just best to move along. I have found a lot more strikeouts than homeruns, in this game.

I just spent a few minutes trying to find anything like that to no avail. Meeting minutes are available for the county planning commission, but none from 2022 and 2021 have discussed either Devou or disc golf when I ctrl+f'd for them.

I think the park is within Covington city limits, so maybe something would be there...

I was in the park two days ago and did not put two and two together with this thread!! :wall:

So, you played to the "tone poles?"

:D Sigh...

My friend and I came for the view of the Cincinnati skyline on the way to Idlewild. I just had done some research on Google and the park popped up as a great place to see the skyline. We did notice one basket while driving up the hill to the viewpoint, but didn't have time to play because we wanted to make sure we were saving enough daylight for Idlewild.

Far as I can tell, the course went it pretty quick. Dr. Ryan proposed it to the city/parks dept. sometime in early 2022 and it was complete and ready to play sometime in Oct. I don't know that there was much in the way of public hearings/discussion.

Latest posts