• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Be Honest Putting Poll!

My Putting falls apart at.....

• 5 feet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 feet

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • 20 feet

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • 25 feet

Votes: 51 32.7%
  • 30 feet

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • 40 feet

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • My name is Nate Doss

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
20 and in is $$$. 25 gets tougher but still way do-able (my friends love playing doubles with me for this reason). At 30, it gets hard, but I am still pretty consistent, like I am always close, but if I miss it ain't by much. But, if you miss from there by being assertive, the putt back is gravy... so why skirt out?

My putting is consistently inconsistent but hey, I don't practice putting. 25 feet and out gets pretty scary for me.

You might want to start practicing. I practice every Sunday night from 2-3 hours. Not all putting, but I do spend at least 1-2 hours working on putting and my approach game. Most people that I know don't practice their approach game. They only work on putts 30ft and in. I do most of my practicing from 40-90ft out. Most of the people I play with are very impressed with my approach game. If I don't hit the basket, I get pretty damn close. I am not great by any means, but I practice approaches more than any part of my game.

My approach game is pretty solid, and it's improved tremendously since I've started using a Pro Rhyno almost exclusively for approaches. I love how I can throw it hard and it won't sail past the basket.

I don't have much confidence when putting anything lately, as I've been trying to change my form up a bit. I started pitch putting, but I have miserable distance and miss basically everything outside of 20' if I try and pitch. I've been using more of a snap putt lately, and I can hit longer putts, but I also tend to spaz out more often and completely miss the basket.

I hate putting; I have an InStep in my living room and I put for like 25 minutes a day. It rains every god damned day here in PA, so I can't practice/play as much as I'd like.

My putting falls apart with the starting horn.

OR

The day after I adopt a new putting style. Every new style works for a day, making me think I've got the problem solved, and then....

At 10' and 15', I'm solidly 9 or 10 out of 10. At 20 I drop to 6 or so out of 10. After that, anything I make I am willing to admit is total luck. I've made anywhere from 0 to 6 out of 10 from 25'. So I said 20' is where it starts to fall apart.

I don't always make them out to 20', but I only get the yips when I HAVE to make the putt. When it's not as important, I'm confident beyond that point. :)

i can sink a good chunk of my 25 ft putts and closer. for some reason though I have a blind spot at about eight feet that I always miss

I've played enough Perfect Putt 360...
10' lights out, 99.9%
15' 95%, can't seem to get that 10/10 bonus more than about half the time.
20' 80%+, Occasionally go 10/10 but usually between 70% and 90%
25' 65%+, Here's where it gets dicey. On a good day, I'm lights out. On a bad day, my knees are knocking.
30' fuggedaboutit, maybe 20%

Except for very windy day, I have confidence for everything from about 50 feet in. But confidence doesn't put it in the basket. I'd have put 15 feet if that was a choice. I think that's about where my accuracy starts to fall off dramatically. So I voted 20 feet.

But putting is streaky kind of thing for me. Some days I'm deadly with my putter. Then there's days :rolleyes:

The day after I adopt a new putting style. Every new style works for a day, making me think I've got the problem solved, and then....

I hear that. I had an awesome day at the course the day after I started pitch putting, then it started to fall apart. When I was practicing the snap the other day, I was hitting the chains 12/15 times, but when I took it to the course a few days later, I was garbage.

As good as my putting has been lately, 40'

I really need to do the Perfect Putt 360 and see my score...

I've been sinking 40+, including a 60 last night :)

I just played 6 holes of disc golf and missed 5 15-20 foot putts.

Ridiculous.

I need to choose and style and stay with it, but it's hard for me to continue with one when I never see consistency.

missing within 30 really ticks me off, i fall off pretty quickly outside 35 or so, mostly due to the fact that my preferred style is with very little spin and it gets hard to pitch them that far.

Latest posts