• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast pro ?

Weyums3

Bogey Member
I was just given this disc, can anyone tell me more about it than the innova discription. I am sort of a beginner been playing for 2 years and I am just now trying to improve.

Pro Beast?

With average-above average power it will want to do a nice s-curve. As the cheaper pro plastic beats in, it will become flippy with way more turn and less fade.

For below average power, it will start off with little turn, and beat into a disc with a nice s-curve.

With a forehand you would have to hyzer flip it, most tend to play more stable discs. If you are forehand dominant but want something that would do backhand without too much trouble maybe try the Pro Orc instead.

Now, I might be completely wrong here, but the Pro Beast is actually a slightly different mold. It is the old mold Beast, which is more overstable than the Beast in other plastics. It will have less turn and more fade than other plastics. The Champion Beast I had (a great disc, by the way), had significantly more turn than my brother's Pro Beast.

Depending on what condition the Beast is in, though, your results could be drastically different. Go give it a few chucks and see what you think.

Also, any disc can be thrown either forehand or backhand, and the results are completely dependant on the thrower.

How old was his Pro Beast?

I'm pretty sure they're only making L molds now.

I've been thinking about getting one... But I probably don't need one.

the old mold beast is so close to an orc. they may not make them anymore because of that?

but it is true that older pro beasts are old "x" mold. they sure do beat up and get more flippy than L's, though.

I know that the Beast mold changed, and the old molds are very similar to Orcs, but I'm still pretty sure that new Pro Beasts are still the old mold. My brother's Beast, when new (January of this year), had almost no turn at 350' of power. Granted, I wasn't throwing too far back then, but it was certainly more stable than I thought a Beast should have been.

It's pretty beat now, though, so I can't really throw it again to see if it's still overstable.

The Champion Beast I had (a great disc, by the way), had significantly more turn than my brother's Pro Beast.

My gummy pro that I threw till winter of last year was no where near as mean, 350-360 ft of power, as the champ jolly launcher beast that I have. Pro beasts are full of glidey goodness but they do beat in fairly quickly and get flippy. They are a great first distance driver and constantly battled for spots in my bag with the Westside Northman. The PD eventually kicked them both out.

Are you sure that some of you aren't mixing up pro beasts and pro-line beasts? Completely different plastics and discs.

I stand by my comments regardless of Orc vs. Beast mold, Proline vs. Pro, lol.

What I said applies to soooooo many discs it's scary.

Are you sure that some of you aren't mixing up pro beasts and pro-line beasts? Completely different plastics and discs.

I mean that the new Pro Beasts are the old mold. Similar to how the Pro Starfires are actually SL's.

The recent run of Beasts have been nice and stable. When fresh I can lean on them with shallow hyzer and rocket them, as they age they beat into a turnover/roller machine.

The recent run of Beasts have been nice and stable. When fresh I can lean on them with shallow hyzer and rocket them, as they age they beat into a turnover/roller machine.

Which runs are we referring to? Star/champ/jolly launcher champ?

These are sold at Walmart here. Box has the same numbers as all other Beasts. There is no old mold Beast anymore.

Sure there are were just hoarding them all......but seriously my pro beast the only one I have is old mold like my prolines and prebarrys:popcorn:

They have the same numbers, but in my experience, the Pro Beasts are just more overstable than other plastics. I'm not certain my explanation is correct, but I think it is.

I have a 171 Pro Beast, It's one of my favorites actually because it's been so dependable. Some overhand shots work well also.