• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast?

Well a Beast kind of fits between the Viking and the Roadrunner, it may fly a little straighter for you if the Viking was fading hard although the rim is a bit fatter so it may act the same. How far are you throwing and are you throwing hyzers, turnovers, etc for your drives?

I am throwing 250 ft or so. I can throw hyzers and turnovers pretty well most of the time. Most of the holes on my home course require some turning drives.

Hmm. I'd say to hold off on the big distance drivers, except maybe the roadrunner. Try and disc down to maybe a Leopard or Teebird. I'm averaging about 300 with my throws now and I still throw a teebird as my main driver. The high speed drivers will make you put too much muscle into your throws and teach you some bad habits.

Hmm, okay, I just got my Boss from my friend and I've been able to throw that quite well, maybe I just don't really know what I'm talking about, hahah.

I agree with Adam, you can definitely give it a try, the pro beast I found easier to throw, but I would keep working on that R-Pro Boss. I used to throw a long S curve with the valkyrie, then I bought an R-Pro Boss and it really helped me learn how to put more snap on my release and get up to driving with a Destroyer. For the meantime, definitely invest in a tee bird, it is a disc that everyone can use no matter your skill level.

Hmm, okay, I just got my Boss from my friend and I've been able to throw that quite well, maybe I just don't really know what I'm talking about, hahah.

I hope you don't take what I said as condescending. Just what I've learned. I had to learn the same lesson. I went out and bought an Xcalibur and Wraith when I first started.

Last edited:
The Valkyrie is a fast, long, understable driver.
It is slower and much less stable than the Boss.
It is faster and less stable than the Viking.
It is IMO faster and more stable than the Roadrunner.

The Valk is the current world record distance holder at approx. 840 feet.

It's glide is amongst the best ever. You just have to control it.

The Valkyrie is a fast, long, understable driver.
It is slower and much less stable than the Boss.
It is faster and less stable than the Viking.
It is IMO faster and more stable than the Roadrunner.

The Valk is the current world record distance holder at approx. 840 feet.

It's glide is amongst the best ever. You just have to control it.

hmm, sounds pretty good, I'll have to get one.

A Beast Thread!!!!

The Beast is my go-to driver. I average about 280 to 300 on flat ground drives, and around 350' with a bit of a downhill slope. I have Pro Line, Champ, and Star Beasts but my go-to in the last few months has been an X Out Star Beast with a pressure indentation in the rim.

Essentially, its just like a Valkyrie with a bit more stability and predictability off the tee. They get more flippy as they get beat in more. This disc will really do anything: Hyzers, Hyzer flips, flex shots, you name it. Very versatile disc, I would highly recommend it, but you should probably start with a Valkyrie and move to a Beast if you're more of a beginner. The extra stability requires more skill to master.

Glad to see that the thread lead you away from the Beast and more towards a Valk or something like that. You will see time and again on this site advice from more seasoned players to not hurry into faster speed discs in an effort to get more distance. Many have learned the hard way and have stepped down in speed rating and learn more about the basics of a good throw. The fastest disc in my bag is a Viking and will stay that way until I can throw it farther than 350 or so.