• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beat Predator Needs Makeover!

RomServo

Eagle Member
I recently happened upon a beat to heck, super old, stained and scribbled Z Predator. I'm really loving the flight on this thing and I'd like to clean it up so it actually looks less than atrocious again.

So far I've scrubbed and submerged it with both alcohol and pure acetone and am only getting minimal succes. I can just make out the ghost label from long ago and you can tell its the "Elite-Z" release with that sort of sketchy wavy vertigo-ish looking "Z" logo on it.

Is there any way to get this super old ink out, or is this Z just permanently tattooed?

I attached pics of the disc from before and after my attempts to clean it. Some ink came right off, while the rest just looks soaked completely through.

Any advice or ideas on making this disc look any less repulsive at all would be greatly appreciated. :thmbup:

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20161121_182532.jpg
    20161121_182532.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20161121_215226.jpg
    20161121_215226.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 49
That it is there for life. elite z locks tight.

only thing I can think of is maybe adding ink. Folksy look. Non ironic odd humor industrial sharpie script? Perhaps "superstar" or "Kevin" or "dreamer"

I recently happened upon a beat to heck, super old, stained and scribbled Z Predator. I'm really loving the flight on this thing and I'd like to clean it up so it actually looks less than atrocious again.

So far I've scrubbed and submerged it with both alcohol and pure acetone and am only getting minimal succes. I can just make out the ghost label from long ago and you can tell its the "Elite-Z" release with that sort of sketchy wavy vertigo-ish looking "Z" logo on it.

Is there any way to get this super old ink out, or is this Z just permanently tattooed?

I attached pics of the disc from before and after my attempts to clean it. Some ink came right off, while the rest just looks soaked completely through.

Any advice or ideas on making this disc look any less repulsive at all would be greatly appreciated. :thmbup:

Thanks!

I have an older run z predator I would sell you for only the cost of shipping. I don't throw them and I won it as a CTP prize. It has a Bells Brewing stamp on it. Let me know if you're interested.

I have an older run z predator I would sell you for only the cost of shipping. I don't throw them and I won it as a CTP prize. It has a Bells Brewing stamp on it. Let me know if you're interested.

I'd be be interested in this if RomServo passes.

Yeah, I'd take that other disc if you want a clean one. That much Sharpie is never coming out. The only thing you could do is cover all of it in Sharpie and have a black disc.

I remember hearing somewhere that old Predators are actually the Tsunami mold and current Predators are a retooled version of that. Anyone into vintage Predators know?

Latest posts