• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] beefy Nukes?

Someone posted awhile back about a Nuke-X or something like that. They said it was supposed to be more stable, if that's what your looking for. I have a 174 memorial nuke, and it's fairly stable but it's getting flippier.

they are making them, but there is still a lot of testing to be completed on them from what I was told. They took the Nuke mold and added a bead to it. I found the bead to be a little weird as it was more square than rounded which I think is what they are tinkering with currently. I threw a few and they felt very stable, maybe a hair more than the Boss is currently. Their intention is to call it the King when it goes into production (if it does), but that is all subject to working on the bead.

Mark Ellis, Discraft sponsored player, told us on DGR that despite his wishes, Discraft currently does not plan on releasing the Nuke X/King.

If you want a beefy Nuke, get a Champ Boss. Even if you find a beefy Nuke, after a couple of tree hits it won't be so beefy any more.