• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner compiling a bag of discs

TexasOutlaw said:
I think I would have a nervous breakdown if I were to lose my bag; I've grown quite attached to it.

ya, we were quite upset... we had grown to like the discs we had and then they were gone...

tredway said:
We mainly use innova discs as thats what we were able to find locally. I just recently started getting discs again and bought an Archangel Dx for both of us because it stated it was a good beginner disc. After reading this thread, I am not so sure...

You might like the Archangel. At any rate, use it as a baseline. I think disc selection is a very personal choice, and the best way to start out is figure out what you want a disc to do, what your current disc is doing, and go from there. Is it falling left too soon? (RHBH) If so, you might want to try something slower that still has a lot of high speed turn.

If it is not fading, but is flippy for you, go to something with less of a high speed turn.

If Innova is what's available to you, check out http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

Another note, especially when getting back into disc golf is don't throw away your "unusable" discs. You might find that as your technique gets better, it's just the disc you need.

the wife and I played 9 holes last night. We have figured out that we dont like the archangels... I got us 2 sharks as well and i figured that disc out pretty well... had 2 good drives with it.

I am going to pick up a gazelle, cheetah and a sidewinder... these are what we had before and like them...

tredway said:
the wife and I played 9 holes last night. We have figured out that we dont like the archangels... I got us 2 sharks as well and i figured that disc out pretty well... had 2 good drives with it.

I am going to pick up a gazelle, cheetah and a sidewinder... these are what we had before and like them...

I have been thoroughly enjoying my CE sidewinder which I purchased based on the discussion in this thread. My finace has been enjoying her 150 class leopard as well.

Ok update:

We played some doubles today and had a ton of fun. We ended up throwing +8 at par 3 with 9 bogies 8 pars and 1 birdie (which we felt was great, for us). Camellia lost her 150 class dx leopard in some water today, I went wading and got nothin but wet. I just ordered her a new 150 class champ leopard (she really likes my champ sidewinder). I also ordered for myself a star teebird, a champ roadrunner, and another champ sidewinder.

We're considering playing in a tournament in May.

Looks like it's going to be a great, disc golf filled summer. :D

Latest posts