• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Being "Niced"...

the_pwnerator

Eagle Member
Am I the only person who likes being niced?

I feel awesome when I make a nice drive, upshot, or putt and someone says something about how nice it was. It really boosts my confidence.

Anyone else feel like this?

Hahahaha....not what I was expecting.

Tons of people [myself included] clicked on this thread thinking you meant when your drive looks great, someone says nice, and then you hit a tree. That might I say happens all too often...but yeah, everyone enjoys a compliment!

someone saying 'Nice' after you throw and having that throw actually be 'Nice' throughout it's flight is a very good feeling.

the term 'Niced' is used only when someone says 'Nice' (or pays that sort of compliment) only to then have the throw not finish nicely (i.e. hitting a tree).

if someone 'Nices' you and your throw finishes nicely, you weren't 'Niced', you were just paid a well earned compliment.

here's a picture of a smiling goat.

smiling+goat.jpg

I don't mind the compliment at all...they come too far and few in between :eek: :\

Everyone likes a compliment. Other day a random person said they liked my hat and it felt great :D.

For good shots I stick to very nice, good shot, great shot, and sexi (yes I with an I). I generally tell bad shots get sneaky, get legs, come back, and at least it's in the middle.

That fact that people really get bad that saying "nice" before a shot stops makes me laugh. As if someones supportive comment really effects the flight of the disc.

About the only supportive comment I will get mad at is when someone tells me "nice birdie" when I park a hole before I've putted. I won't say anything about a score on a hole to another player until he has finished the hole.

"The word "nice," when voiced at a specific frequency and sound pressure level, causes a standing wave when the air's a certain temperature. What starts out as a great throw, turns to crap after someone on your card says "NICE." Since air travels much faster than a disc, the standing wave catches the disc in short order, disturbing the air around it, thereby making the disc hit the nearest tree."

Scientifically, you are correct.

NICE!!!!

NICE

I nice people all the time! I used to try not to, but I'm easily impressed and find superstition and the people who subscribe to it laughable if not contemptible.

That fact that people really get bad that saying "nice" before a shot stops makes me laugh. As if someones supportive comment really effects the flight of the disc.

About the only supportive comment I will get mad at is when someone tells me "nice birdie" when I park a hole before I've putted. I won't say anything about a score on a hole to another player until he has finished the hole.

That irks me too. At a tournament over the weekend, one guy on my card would do something like this throughout the whole round. One time he even said "Star Deuce!" after he made a 40'er and me and the other guy had 20'ers or so.

It is always nice to get some positive feedback. When I make a 30 foot putt, I don't even hear a grasshopper. But when my brother makes 10 foot putt, he expects me to start a damn parade and he plays a hell of a lot more than me. :thmbdown:

I enjoy compliments and always try to say thank you but I hate getting "niced into a tree". I know that in this physical world someone's comment doesn't make your flight line shift into that tree trunk, but I throw far for my rating and it happens to me way too often.

I say nice putt to 10 and 15 footers. I play intermediate, those aren't always gimmes for us :D.

I nice people all the time! I used to try not to, but I'm easily impressed and find superstition and the people who subscribe to it laughable if not contemptible.

this.. and you are going to have a very bad day if you are that superstitious and I'm in your group, I will "nice" you every chance I get, and then make fun of you when you get mad.

That irks me too. At a tournament over the weekend, one guy on my card would do something like this throughout the whole round. One time he even said "Star Deuce!" after he made a 40'er and me and the other guy had 20'ers or so.

lol the guys at our course, especially the pro's will always say nice putt before you go to actually make that birdie putt. It was irritating at first but now its the norm. This is only during casual rounds or money rounds, not league play.

Back on topic i enjoy getting praise for my drives since im still a amatuer when it comes from someone as good or better i feel really good, and some reason i feel even cooler when someone thats is not as good says it because it usually is follwed up by 'how'd you do that, or how can i learn to do that'.

Compliments are cool, especially when playing with good friends who mean well. But usually I think of the term "being niced" as that comment right before a good shot goes bad. I'm not a fan of other players talking to my disc while in flight. I once played a tournament with this guy who had to commentate on every single throw for every player on the card, Nice, get greasy, hyzer out, etc, etc... Luckily I didn't have a shotgun in my hand that day.

Compliments are cool, especially when playing with good friends who mean well. But usually I think of the term "being niced" as that comment right before a good shot goes bad. I'm not a fan of other players talking to my disc while in flight. I once played a tournament with this guy who had to commentate on every single throw for every player on the card, Nice, get greasy, hyzer out, etc, etc... Luckily I didn't have a shotgun in my hand that day.

If you throw towards a wall of trees I'm going to say, "Get Sneaky" and you are going to like it!

:p